Author Topic: New BODing - Bribery, Wait times, etc.  (Read 16932 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
New BODing - Bribery, Wait times, etc.
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
+1
I am going to put together some research on the new BODing rules and will maintain this thread on the changes. The main topic, I believe, is how/whether we can use bribing to get better BODs. I am going to put in some additional information about the changes as I work through it.  If you would like to add to this thread, please feel free to respond, and your suggestions will be incorporated into the main post.

Timing Changes

The delay between getting BODs is no longer skill dependant, it is six hours, regardless. There is, however, a buffer of up to three bods that you can pick up all at once. Turning in a completed bod still allows you to get a new bod immediately and doesn't reduce your buffer.

Bribery

Looks like it has a lot of potential to increase access to high end hammers. I think it is going to require some testing to see what can be done to get there.  First some information about how it works.

To initiate a bribe, there is a dropdown from the context menu on an NPC blacksmith. It says bribe. When you select it, you get the message:

"So you want to do a little business under the table? Target a bulk order deed to show to the shopkeeper."
You get a target cursor with this message. Applying the cursor to a BOD gives the following message:

"I shouldn't have too much trouble finding a better replacement for that bulk order." "If you help me out, I'll help you out. I can replace that bulk order with a better one, but its gonna cost you XXXXX gold coin. Payment is  due immediately. Just hand me the oder and I'll pull the old switcheroo."

Handing the deed over to the NPC withdraws the amount from your bank and gives you a new deed with the following message:

"You'll find this one much more to your liking. It's been a pleasure, and I look forward to you greasing my palm again very soon. XXXXX gold has been withdrawn from your bank box."

My initial thoughts on Bribery:

Bribery looks to be a signficant gold sink, as its not all that cheap to upgrade an sbod, and lbods are a multiple of the included peices. In addition, the threshold before an NPC stops upgrading bods is pretty low. The most I have gotten from one NPC so far is four upgrades. Based on this, I think that it makes sense to identify the best upgrade opportunities and focus on those. Based on the value of the rewards, and the cost involved, I am focusing on maximizing the number of valorite hammers I can get out of my bods, and on upgrading chain where it makes sense. Thus far, my list of upgrades that look to be worth it below. I will add to this as I finish looking over the charts.

One Upgrade to Valorite Hammer:

Deed                              Previous Reward
PL_Small_E_15_VA              Ver Hammer
PL_Small_E_20_VE              Ver Hammer
PL_Small_N_20_VA              +30 ASH (this is the best ROI opportunity I see)

Two Upgrades to Valorite Hammer:

Deed                              Previous Reward
PL_Small_E_10_VA              Ver Hammer  (I may not upgrade these)
PL_Small_E_15_VE              +60 ASH (I may not upgrade these)
PL_Small_N_15_VA              Gold Hammer
PL_Small_N_20_VE              Gold Hammer

Chain BODs Probably Worth Upgrading

Deed                     Previous Reward              New Reward             #Upgrades
CH_Small_E_15_VE    +30 ASH                         Agg Hammer              1
CH_Small_E_20_AG    +30 ASH                         Agg Hammer              1
CH_Small_E_20_GO    Gold Hammer                  +60 ASH                    1
CH_Small_N_20_BR    Bronze Hammer               +20 Skill Scroll           1
CH_Small_N_15_VA    +15 ASH                         +20 Skill/Agg Hmr      1
CH_Small_N_20_VE    +15 ASH                          Agg Hammer              1

Bribery Test Results:

Single Upgrade from Ver Hammer Set to Val Hammer Set:

15 exc Ver Plate Legs 54,700gp replaced with 20 Ver Plate Legs    
15 exc Ver Plate Legs 36,400gp replaced with 20 Ver Plate Legs    
15 exc Ver Plate Legs 38,400gp replaced with 20 Ver Plate Legs  
15 exc Ver Plate Legs 40,400gp replaced with 20 Ver Plate Legs    
15 exc Ver Plate Legs 41,400gp replaced with 20 Ver Plate Legs    
20EVerTunic 64,000
20EVerTunic 65,900
20EVerTunic 38,700 (Switched locations and price dropped a bunch)
20EVerTunic 40,700
20EVerTunic 39,200
20EVerTunic 41,200
20EVerGloves 36,800
20EVerGloves 33,300
20EVerGloves 35,300
20EVerGorget 37,200

Single Upgrade From Ver Hammer to Val Hammer Average per piece: 42,907

Current Projection for turning a Ver Hammer set of deeds into a Val Hammer set of deeds (Smalls only): 257,440
Upgrading the LBOD would approximately double that cost.
While I expect the price of hammers to come down, the typical verite hammer sells for around 8M, while the typical valorite hammer sells for around 15M and up. A single upgrade appears to be worth doing. The double upgrades are likely to double the cost, based on my intial examination and also appear to be worth doing as well.

Additional Testing Not Yet Considered Above:

10 exc Ver Plate Legs 32,400gp replaced with 15 Ver Plate Legs   Comment Deed is still a ver hammer deed.
15 exc DC ring gloves 15,800 gp replaced with 15 exc B ring gloves  Comment Deed jumped 2 ore grades
20EVerTunic 60,900
20EVerTunic 66,800
20EVergorget 38,300
20EVergloves 40,300
20EVergorget 42,300
20EVerTunic 21,200
20EVerLegs 21,200
20EVerLegs 41,400
20EVerTunic 43,400
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:19:34 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Re: New BODing - Bribery, Wait times, etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »
+1
Excellent work, it got me up to date - thank you
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:19:56 AM »
+1
great work i'll be checking this when i use bribery next

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »
+1
I know this is an older thread but it returns first on the subject and has some good info so... get over it :)

Does anyone know if a chart or calculator exists as to what bods to expect if you bride "x" bod?

Is there RNG involved or will a specific bod always give the same specific bribe result bod? The OP points out that one bod went up in number from 10 to 15 but another 15 stayed 15 and instead jumped 2 levels in material. Bribery, to me, is useful if I can know what the resulting bod will be, as you can tell I don't do bods "hardcore".

My alchemy bods always go from 10 to 15 or 15 to 20 of the same type and there is no exceptional making bribery super easy. I'm specifically asking about blacksmithing bod bribes here which seem decidedly more complicated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 02:11:52 PM by Gemviper »

Tags: