Author Topic: Site migrated to the new host.  (Read 16133 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Site migrated to the new host.
« on: February 23, 2009, 12:13:30 AM »
+1
There will probably be some broken links, so lemme know what you find.  You'll notice that we're sitting at scriptuo.net for the time being.  I'll get the other site transferred.  When things test out correctly.

Just so you experience no downtime, you should make a note of the scriptuo.net URL.

Also, if you know of anyone that's having problems connecting, you will need to tell them to clear their browser cache and restart it.

Pings to the old site:

PING www.scriptuo.com (38.113.1.157) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ip38-113-1-157.yourhostingaccount.com (38.113.1.157): icmp_seq=1 ttl=243 time=98.9 ms
64 bytes from ip38-113-1-157.yourhostingaccount.com (38.113.1.157): icmp_seq=2 ttl=243 time=98.2 ms
64 bytes from ip38-113-1-157.yourhostingaccount.com (38.113.1.157): icmp_seq=3 ttl=243 time=102 ms
64 bytes from ip38-113-1-157.yourhostingaccount.com (38.113.1.157): icmp_seq=4 ttl=243 time=97.7 ms

Pings to the new site:
PING scriptuo.com (174.132.130.62) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 3e.82.84ae.static.theplanet.com (174.132.130.62): icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=38.2 ms
64 bytes from 3e.82.84ae.static.theplanet.com (174.132.130.62): icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=38.7 ms
64 bytes from 3e.82.84ae.static.theplanet.com (174.132.130.62): icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=37.5 ms
64 bytes from 3e.82.84ae.static.theplanet.com (174.132.130.62): icmp_seq=4 ttl=55 time=39.7 ms
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:37:24 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Site migrated to the new host.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:14 AM »
+1
For now, I've left the redirect for scriptuo.com, but if you want to get a direct link to this site, use scriptuo.net.

And sorry Khameleon, I forgot to go into site maintenance mode, so you lost a couple posts.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:46:17 AM »
+1
np, I just came back to refresh, and it asked for my password I was like wtf.. um, what is my password LOL. looks like I remembered it

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »
+1
np, I just came back to refresh, and it asked for my password I was like wtf.. um, what is my password LOL. looks like I remembered it

Well lemme know if you find anything funky.  I've been playing with this transfer for a while, so it looks like things are were they should be.  But one can never tell.  Also let me know if you notice a speed difference.  I certainly do, but it just might be only me.  ;)

The name transfer will happen next and that might mess things up a bit.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 03:30:31 AM »
+1
Also, if you know of anyone that's having problems connecting, you will need to tell them to clear their browser cache and restart it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 04:38:10 AM »
+1
I noticed a huge speed increase, also explains why I had to login again lol.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 04:41:34 AM »
+1
I noticed a huge speed increase, also explains why I had to login again lol.

Yeh, especially after the site slowness from the last 2 weeks, this is worlds better.  I guess that's the difference between having 250 sites on a server and 3500.  lol.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 05:48:10 AM »
+1
looks like I'll have to keep the redirect up for most of the day until all the DNS servers clear out their own cache.  The site reverted to the old host.  I was like, "why is it slow all of the sudden."  heh.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 11:23:44 AM »
+1
now that you got the forums speed faster, what can you do about my computers slowness :P

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 12:01:50 PM »
+1
now that you got the forums speed faster, what can you do about my computers slowness :P
Man, I wish I could help ya.  From what your tracerts looked like, you definitely have some ISP issues.  Plus you could use Santa bringing you a new system; yours is SOOOOOO, 2005.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »
+1
Site connection later tonight will probably be patchy since I need to flip the .com and .net around. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 04:45:11 PM »
+1
ya, I've figured my next update will be quiet costly, since my AGP card will have to go, and I'll have to buy a PCI-E graphics card.  My memory probably wont be completable, nor my CPU. damn-well looking at a whole new system.  though I have been looking at some Bare Bone Kits from Tiger Direct.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 04:46:57 PM »
+1
That's kinda why I stayed with AMD.  I didn't feel like having to upgrade my memory, motherboard, etc. 

Which socket AMD do you have?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 09:17:07 PM »
+1
One thing I just noticed is the file attachments are kinda messed up right now.  It looks to just be binary file attachments, so I need to go back and restore the attachments using binary transfer.  Stupid FTP.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 09:43:10 PM »
+1
Ok, I transferred the binary files in binary mode so all picture attachments should be restored as well as being able to download SUO.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: