Author Topic: Questions about GM paging....  (Read 1293 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Questions about GM paging....
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »
Ok...  so I've paged a few times on various people who were going out of there way to be A-holes to me etc... (using scripts to keep people from buying stuff from my vendors / placing tamed animals with inappropriate names outside my tram house etc)  In most cases I don't see the people often enough to really know if my page amounted to anything (3 day ban etc..)   It just occurred to me that I do get an email sent to me occasionally saying "ticket # etc ...  is under investigation".   So what I'm wondering is if you ONLY get an email when the GM's actually do something to the person you paged on??   Say you page on another person you think is scripting, but he's there to answer GM = no email, but if he wasn't and GM action is taken against his account I get an email?   Anyone know if this is house it actually works?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about GM paging....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
I had a player set up multiple scripts on me on Atlantic tying up items on my vendors. The guy had 3 guys stationed around my vendor locations that were in direct competition with his. I posted on stratics, emailed Messana and paged multiple times. Nothing happened other than, "we're looking into it".

I ended up setting up similar scripts (Thanks to ScriptUO members here...who know who you are) and tying up his items. This went on back and forth for a week or so before he stopped and then I stopped.

I really did not want to stoop to that level but I had little choice. That vendor bug needs to get fixed.

Nothing was done by Mesanna or anyone of the powers that be. Its one thing to script resources, and another to PvP, but to outright grief a player by sabotaging their vendors is in a whole different realm of douche bag.

Fight fire with fire is the only recourse.

Tags: