Author Topic: Resbot - Looking for input  (Read 8321 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Resbot - Looking for input
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
Some great input here! I really appreciate it!

For starters, EN nailed my question regarding the parsing of the journal to pull out the name information. I'm heading over to read up on the str command after posting this.

As for the function, I envision a couple if not a few different operating modes of which the user chooses at script startup:

1) Manual mode - add of specific object ID's on the Bot account, ie "click this button and select a target that will be allowed to use this Bot". This way the access is managed but requires manual intervention
2) Semi-Automatic mode - a specific code/passphrase is required to be added to the list. This should be customizable at script startup thus is dynamic rather than built specifically into the script. I am thinking this should be a whisper thus within one tile of the bot but I'm still thinking through this. I need to learn a little more about guild chat verse party vs alliance vs general and if there is a way to confirm that it's any of these verse the other.
3) Fully Automatic mode where any ghost within x tiles will get res'd. This can be handy when leaving a char in a house, for example, when fighting or performing other tasks (ie trick-or-treating) whereby new people can jump in with no intervention required. ie someone new jumps into a house fight and can just run inside and get res'd with no intervention required or a password given with the idea that if they have access to the house they should be ok.
4) Semi-auto version 2 - Be automatic only for people with specific criteria in their properties (eg, guild tag).

Res'ng was the only function I have been thinking of initially, not sure if I have the time to run with a full-fledged Bot system like Cerv started working on back on UOC but man, this does sound like a damn cool project. I was actually just looking at changing out my "client/server" configuration with my Trick-or-treat script and Justice gainer scripts with a more automated res routine. I mean, damn, I still have to go understand STR for crying out loud! lol!

Konesky - thanks for your example. I notice that you use the object type of KS to represent ghosts. I looked that up in the EUO object type database and it comes back as a "Sandstone Archway" LOL. I did hear from our buddy JustAnotherFace that this is one of four different object types for ghosts, each representing male/female elf/human. Does this sound right to anyonw else? I haven't tested yet but JaF has never steered me wrong!! :p

XII
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:25:38 PM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »
Once you have the recognition system down, adding in functions would be totally modular.

Want gating? Add the sub routine with the trigger.
Want healing? Do the same
Want pet assistance? Same thing.

A nice little checkbox menu with options for the BOT might be nice to have also :)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Konesky

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Konesky has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 02:54:05 PM »
Konesky - thanks for your example. I notice that you use the object type of KS to represent ghosts. I looked that up in the EUO object type database and it comes back as a "Sandstone Archway" LOL. I did hear from our buddy JustAnotherFace that this is one of four different object types for ghosts, each representing male/female elf/human. Does this sound right to anyonw else? I haven't tested yet but JaF has never steered me wrong!! :p

...Just a follow up, as mentioned in my example it was untested but I do know that KS is a type of ghost because i cut and paste that from my ToT script. For ideas on Trick or Treating and auto-rezzers, head on over to my mammoth post on Begging. Theres no code there but it outlines in detail how to set it up.

Regarding the ID's, KS is definitely a type of ghost, I never rely on "object type database's" because 1) I dont know where they are and 2) they can be wrong. I've got a neat little script that just lets you target anything you like and it spits back everything about the item... pretty handy, I call it my Item ID finder. You're probably right about there being more types of ghosts, 4 makes sense.

I'm not much for menus or making commercial scripts but if you're looking for something temporary and simple, that one I posted will do, it will work for ya in a house (just change the toggle up top to #TRUE to rez anyone without a password). It will work hidden somewhere for PvP...  and at least you can use it while your learning STR commands and working on the multipurpose rex bot. :)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »
Once you have the recognition system down, adding in functions would be totally modular.

Want gating? Add the sub routine with the trigger.
Want healing? Do the same
Want pet assistance? Same thing.

A nice little checkbox menu with options for the BOT might be nice to have also :)

Funny, I was on my way home tonight thinking the same thing. Every sub would simply be called based on a value showing up in the journal. Then a check is run against a) is the person who said that allowed to use me? b) does the person meet the criteria for the action (eg, if it's asking for a res is it a ghost)? c) potential error checking related responses to the request (eg, target not close enough or can't res in that location in journal msg "move closer idiot").

Could be quite cool really. Some other modules could be along the lines of "follow me", "area peace", "peace target", "stay", "repair my stuff", "Add xxx to party", on and on! Great potential!

I'd start by parking him in Doom lol.

The modes could be "Guild Tag", "Password", "Fully Automatic (answer to anyone)", "Fully Manual (answer to nobody until added to the list)". Also something about commands requiring party chat would be good too; is that based on journal text color or is there a better way to do it?

Oh, and Konesky, I never doubted your object type accuracy (and JaF confirmed for me that it was one of four), I just found the "Sandstone Archway" funny and wanted to post it :) Your snippet was actually very helpful!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »
Dont ever rely on that item database over on easyuo.. it is completely out of date

And yes thier are 4 ghost types as you summerized.. human elf male female.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »
Dont ever rely on that item database over on easyuo.. it is completely out of date

And yes thier are 4 ghost types as you summerized.. human elf male female.

Umm, plus also it seems that some RunUO item types have worked their way into the mix...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »
I'd be interested in helping out on this if it was turned into a project... :)  I'm working on a fairly advanced version of Cerv's Gbot as we speak.  The damn thing is better then most noob pvpers at being a backup healer. :)

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • welgill has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »
I can actualy help with this one check out lord sids work on euo he had a working minerbot control was through a http server if i remember right was way above my knowlege level but we ran it on opening of lake austin so I know it worked

Scrripty

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »
As an interesting note on this, I've added a rail system to my healer bot, which I use voice commands to control.  I can call out a spot number on the rail and the bot will stealth to that spot.  The problem I have is my mouse location has to be in the middle of the screen when I do it or he runs and comes out of stealth.  I'm looking for a way around that.  Unless it's an emergency.  I'm also adding archery to him so I can use him as a dismount heal/bandage/res bot.  On the fly.  I'm doing an emergency hide/stealth away button too when I get a chance.  So if I die, he'll use invis and stealth the hell out on the rail! haha  Thanks for getting me started on this. :)  The rail I have goes to the most usual spots I pvp at yew gate for now.  Just testing it.  It also takes a round about way so as not to run into people.  I need to add a check so he will rehide on reveal.  I also want to add a few voice commands so that I can command him to do things irregardless of what he's doing atm.  Like queue up a dismount.  I was thinking, have the script put numbers above each players head, then when I say attack 1, the script will set that char as the target, and when it's within distance, toggle dismount and attack.  Then hide with magery and steath back on the rail some and wait a certain amount of time and come back. :)  Ideas ideas... :)

Tags: