Author Topic: question i cant find on easyuo...  (Read 8127 times)

Offline ugafanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ugafan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
question i cant find on easyuo...
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:32:04 PM »
hmm im very new to scripting, as i want to start trying to write my own. Now the tough part ive found is the item id numbers and letters. is there a master list anywhere where i can get these?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: question i cant find on easyuo...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 06:34:02 PM »
EasyUO has an object type database:

http://www.easyuo.com/itemdb/index.php
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline ugafanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ugafan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 06:42:39 PM »
i think my inability to search for anyhting on the internet really sucks...sigh

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 02:21:09 AM »
Just be careful and use the database they have there only as a general guide. There have been a number occasions where I have found incorrect info there.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 05:57:11 AM »
Those databases are very out of date .. use with a very large pinch of salt.

You would be better off just acquiring the types by using a script (thiers on over on winuo.com )... or by asking on the baords for ids or common things like house signs people etc.  Or even better downloading others scripts in the same area as your working on and extracting hte ids from thier scripts. ie you need blacksmith tools ids... download a mining/smelting script the ids will be thier someplace.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 06:33:13 AM »
if anyone is decent at XML we could make our own SUO database.  I know a little bit about XML, but not enough to add in a search bar that will auto bring up your search and display it. :)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 07:22:23 AM »
I would be happy to pitch in collecting ids if you choose to create a script uo data base.  I had wanted this to happen at the site not to be spoken long ago and easy uo simply lacks all newer monsters and items... along with missing ids and inaccurate info at times.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 07:37:29 AM »
You know... if we came up with a simple script that would catalog different item/creature TYPES, and a way of sharing it to a common database... we could all run it for like one hour a week. Then after a few weeks we would have a more comprehensible listing then EUO has.

We could have a SUO Item Find Weekend. Make a char on a shard you normally don't play, and name them SUOGeekSquad or something, then run that char all over the place gathering item TYPE data. Of course you'd be a ghost for most of it, but having a bunch of us doing this would compile a great deal of data.

Sorted in a database, duplicates could be quickly eliminated, and if the right format was used in gathering we'd have very good descriptions of items and their item TYPE.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »
You know... if we came up with a simple script that would catalog different item/creature TYPES, and a way of sharing it to a common database... we could all run it for like one hour a week. Then after a few weeks we would have a more comprehensible listing then EUO has.

We could have a SUO Item Find Weekend. Make a char on a shard you normally don't play, and name them SUOGeekSquad or something, then run that char all over the place gathering item TYPE data. Of course you'd be a ghost for most of it, but having a bunch of us doing this would compile a great deal of data.

Sorted in a database, duplicates could be quickly eliminated, and if the right format was used in gathering we'd have very good descriptions of items and their item TYPE.

Hell yeah!  That's what I am talking about.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 08:16:10 AM »
Also with that we can categorize it by Event too.  like the pumpkins and everything of that sort.  that way when they come back the next year people can grab it or make comparisons each time the event rolls around.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: