Author Topic: TrailMyx's Lightning Fast Hiding/Stealth Trainer 1.0  (Read 31228 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
TrailMyx's Lightning Fast Hiding/Stealth Trainer 1.0
« on: June 09, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »
Code: [Select]
;-----------------------------------------------------------
; Script Name: TrailMyx's Lightning-Fast Hiding/Stealth Trainer
; Author: TrailMyx
; Version: 1.4
; Client Tested with: 6.0.1.6
; EUO version tested with: 1.5 118
; Shard: OSI, FS(?)
; Revision Date:  6/15/2007
; Public Release: ...
; Global Variables Used: None
; Purpose/Features:
;   Helps you train up your hiding and stealth fast with the
;  use of the "pen trick".  This script was inspired from Freddy's
;  multiskill trainer.  I turbocharged his pen trick sub, and added that
;  to my own hiding trainer.  Finally, I made the script also use the
;  pen trick for stealth.
;
;  For stealth, you can train up to 60ish with normal cloths, then switch to a
;  studded-leather armor suit up to near GM.  Just stand in place and run.  Be
;  sure you have an inscription pen....
;---------------------------------------------------------

Note you can now set the skillpoint where you start using stealth by popular request.

TM

Stealth Training Tips:

(From Stratics)
0 - 30     Buy skill from NPC
30 - 65    Normal Clothes
65 - 95    Full Studded Leather Suit
95 - 100    Full Studded Leather Suit + Close Helm

This is good information.  Still is valid as of 3/12/2009.  Just be sure you buy your Stealth to over 30.0.  If you try to start your stealth from zero, you *WILL* get stuck at 25.0.  Also, be sure you start with enough strength to wear studded leather (35 strength)

As of 7/15/2009 the PEN trick no longer works. 

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
skillgain_hiding4.txt
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:32:52 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Lightning Fast Hiding/Stealth Trainer 1.0
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:05:11 AM »
Just a quick correction:

Change the line that says this:

if #skill = %target_hiding_to_start_stealth

to this:

if #skill >= %target_hiding_to_start_stealth

If you are wanting to start training your stealth before you get to 100.0 hiding.  Sorry for the little logic error.  I was just training someone and noticed this bug.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 08:31:54 AM »
If you do try and start training stealth and hiding at the same time, you should start training stealth when your hiding reaches 75.0.  I just made a hider/stealther and I started training when hiding reached 70.0.  I found I was left with about 2.0 hiding remaining after I GMed stealth.  So 75.0 should be a good number to GM both attributes at about the same time.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 09:47:01 AM »
Pearls had this thought regarding when to start if you are trying to achieve legendary hiding:

Quote from: Pearls
well just wanted to post, that u were talking about 70-75 skill recommendation, but u were talking about gm stealth, so in case of legendary i suppose its best to start at 50 i think it is no? in ur house
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 04:55:30 AM »
Welllllp, I could be wrong but I don't seem to be able to get the pentrick to work anymore. I was having trouble with my own pentrick routine while training hiding up so I decided to try this one and no dice, only attempting to hide once every 11 seconds or so.

I hope it's just me!! That would be a drag :-(

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 06:03:41 AM »
Still works for me, went on TC1 and tried it ;) Hide every 2 secs. You scared me for a second.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 08:47:42 AM »
Ya, just a couple weeks ago I used this to GM everything.  So at the moment we're good.  It will be a dark and dreary day for mankind when they fix this one.  If you can GM magery in a couple days, why can't you GM hiding or stealth?  Come on, EA?  Didn't their mommas tell them that their heads do not fit in their butts?  The ears get stuck, and if you're elf or vulcan it can be painful during removal.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:50:13 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 10:09:01 AM »
Interesting. For the life of me I can't get it to work on the char I'm testing with on LS. I'm glad to hear that though! I'll keep plugging away until I figure it out. Sorry for the scare :p

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 09:08:53 AM »
Im running this again on a character, i think its probably the 4th or 5th char im gm'in hiding on, again works like a charm. Just wish 90-100 would be little quicker, cant imagine how hard it must be without the bug...
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 10:00:21 AM »
Im running this again on a character, i think its probably the 4th or 5th char im gm'in hiding on, again works like a charm. Just wish 90-100 would be little quicker, cant imagine how hard it must be without the bug...

Oh yeh, if you can GM magery, necromancy, etc in a couple days, why-o-why can't you GM this too.  As it stands now if you were to start hiding/stealth without this bug, it would literally take weeks to GM these.  I would loose interest quickly for sure.  That's the problem with most of the UO skill system is that you are pretty worthless until you get at least Master in a skill and you have to concentrate on a skill in order to advance it quickly.  I'm sure they'd love to have people just "play" their characters up through the ranks, but they loose sight of how many of us have been playing the game for so long and would rather be able to take the express bus to the skills station.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
hrm.. I think I gm'd hiding without using any tricks less than a week, then gm stealth within a few day's

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »
hrm.. I think I gm'd hiding without using any tricks less than a week, then gm stealth within a few day's

You probably used the 8x8 method?  That would be a couple/few days to find the runs at the end.  But without that, I would image it would take longer.

Really, you can do the math.  It takes about 2 days to GM hiding using the pen trick.  Generally you have a 2 second delay between using the pen again to reset the timer, and normally it takes 10 seconds for the skill to become available for use, so you are talking about 10 days of straight macroing to GM hiding.  This is far from accurate, just a SWAG.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:53:32 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 07:21:52 PM »
well I can't say exactly how long it took, but it was within the last year so 8x8 has already been done and gone with. I might have even trained hiding passively with stealth once I Hit 80 Hiding.. but it was around 1 week but It could have been longer....

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hollywood_Shono has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 01:42:09 AM »
WoW this works great can you post a script that just runs the pen trick so we can train other skills if we wanted I cant seem to tear it apart just to get pen trick to run

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 08:33:07 AM »
It's all in there.  You just have to do a bit of editing.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx skill