Author Topic: UO: It will destroy your innocence  (Read 3223 times)

Offline YouAintNoNinjaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • YouAintNoNinja has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
UO: It will destroy your innocence
« on: February 19, 2014, 04:38:46 PM »
    Hey everyone! I've once again came back to where my gaming experience began. Up until that point, I really wasn't interested in games at all. I'd much rather be running around outside, getting bruised and cut up playing soccer or football... until my uncle came over for Christmas in '98 and I caught him fighting these half woman - half bird things. He explained to me that they were called "harpies," and that their feathers were really valuable, but you had to be quick to loot them otherwise someone else would snatch the feathers up first. Over the holiday I watched him battle harpies, ophidians, terathans... even dragons! I was enthralled. This was the coolest thing I had ever seen. He must have noticed how entranced I was with the game, because he was nice enough to set up an account for me. I made my very own character and chose had the coolest name that nine year old me could possibly dream up - Keithblade.

I absolutely loved the game. My best friend came over all the time, and we would take turns playing UO. On one occasion, shortly after getting the game, I was fencing with mongbats outside of Moonglow when my mom called me into the living room for something. This situation called for Raymond to take over while I attended to my mother's summons. As I returned to my room, Raymond sitting at the computer, I noticed the screen seemed dulled out and grey... I was dead! He had attempted to take on a grey wolf and lost. I quickly took over command of my character and ran back to town, frantically looking for a healer so that I could be resurrected and recover my precious NPC bought kryss. I managed to make it back in time to see that my corpse had decayed into bones, yet my kryss and bandages were intact! Crisis averted.

On another occasion, I was outside of the deserted bank in Cove, depositing my hard earned gold coins before I went out on another adventure when I was approached by another player... Raymond sitting by my side, this mysterious player asked if we would like to see a magical item. "Heck yes!" we said as we high fived each other. Raymond and I were so thrilled to see our first magical item in this incredible game but, strangely enough, the guy starts taking off all of his clothes...

"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"

..he starts spamming the bowing motion...

"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"
"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"
"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"

I start to run for the hills. This guy is nuts! I'm running all over the town trying to get away from this madman, but I can't shake him.

"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"
"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"
"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"
"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"

I ran from this maniac for at least ten minutes and he wouldn't give up the chase!

"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"
"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"
"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"

Thinking frantically, I have a stroke of genius! Open paperdoll! Log out! Okay! I was so smart! Little did I know at the time that my character stood there being violated by the "magical flute."

My UO stories go on and on, and despite all of the other games I've played over the years - Diablo, DAoC, Lineage II, WoW, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars, TERA, etc. etc. I always end up looking back on Ultima Online and say, "that's how an MMO should be."

I just recently began playing on the EA servers again, starting from scratch, and I'm excited to experience the world again. I know it's a vastly different world than I remember, but I feel that it's still the best one on the market. Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:31:48 PM by YouAintNoNinja »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: UO: It will destroy your innocence
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:03:57 PM »
Heh, beware of the magical flute!

Welcome to the site.  UO still contains my favorite online experiences (and some of my worst as well)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline YouAintNoNinjaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • YouAintNoNinja has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:37:01 PM »
Thanks! I learned to always keep my guard up around naked people at banks.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:11:49 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »
Beware of the flute! Welcome to SUO!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 05:15:56 AM »
"THE MAGICAL FLUTE!"

That is a good one. I may have to try that someday at the bank :) Welcome to ScriptUO !!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 05:36:28 AM »
welcome welcome welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline mynameis

• Activity:
    0%
  • mynameis has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 12:29:29 PM »
Haha nice intro :)