Author Topic: Archers Only!  (Read 7948 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Archers Only!
« on: June 28, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »
What Bows do you like and Why? - Thread pops up after I got my First Heartwood Fletchers Kit.

Personally I like the Magical Bow Family, I like to make the Lightweight Short bow, I have hundreds of Hundreds of White Pearls and I can only make so many PoM.
Back onto topic.. Its got the Psychic Attack, and Lightning Arrow, and I think the best Property is "Balanced"

Also what is the best way to use a Fletching Runic Kit?
I've been told to Use Normal Wood, then to Try an Enhance the bows Depending on the Properties wood gave them.
if thats not the best route, which wood should I be looking to burn up.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:02:34 PM by Khameleon »

Offline KilroyIsDead

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KilroyIsDead has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Re: Archers Only!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »
a. How do you obtain the PoM recipe.

b. Balanced is great for PVP pop chuggers, next is max ssi, then I like procs, HLA, HLD, HCI

c. Are you going to burn your new Runic?
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm the rest of the night;
Set a man afire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 04:00:52 PM »
a. How do you obtain the PoM recipe.

b. Balanced is great for PVP pop chuggers, next is max ssi, then I like procs, HLA, HLD, HCI

c. Are you going to burn your new Runic?

• Tinker Quest - I did that before I found the quester by hand - Yes it sucked
  • Yes I hate disarming to Chug a Refresh, And Yes SSI Is my next Property
  • That is the Plan - But I'd like to see what other bows people like to use

Offline Blizer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Blizer has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Imbuing Calculator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 07:26:52 AM »
I just got my first heartwood runic tool. :) Hope i get godly pvp composite bow with balance, ssi, , di, hld and maybe mana leech i am always out of mana. :)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 07:37:11 AM »
My pvp archers MUST have the following:

Composite
Bow
Crossbow
Heavy XBow

On my composite I like Fireball.  People say it sucks with moving shot cause of the rubber banding but IDC i'm fine with it cause I'm so fast.  I mainly like fireball for disruption on mages.  I can get em in a stupid cycle w/ fireballs and unload 5 AI's to just finish the fight quick and mindlessly.

Bow for para shot.  If we're all on archers I tell everyone to conc/ai (one person mortals) one guy then tab out.  When they hit I hit with para blow.  We all wait a sec cause of my switch bow swign penalty, then attack at the same time, insta death.  I got a buddy that's good at this and we usually tear people up with that cycle.

Xbow is a no brainer.  Get em stuck in a nasty mortal cycle somewhere in mid life range then conc.

I take Lightning/Fireball on all bows except the normal bow.  I usually use a 50%ssi event bow, or just lightning.  Of course I choose via the following:

SSI (must)
Spell (I have mace & shield)
HLD
Manaleech / HLA / DCI

I don't care about DI on weapons as I get 55% from my faction arties and my jewels get me to 100%.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 07:39:01 AM »
Also always use the SSI wood.  IT would just suck too much to miss the enhance.  Rolls for good bows are already shitty enough :*(

For crafting I usually choose composites/crossbows.  I let everone else make heavys & bows & just buy em :P

Lightweight shortbows are sexy.  Especially if you get a nice SSI one w/ hit area and mana leech!  A archer wammy is a BEAST for spawning w/ them.

Offline JoO

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JoO has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 12:53:29 PM »
I generally go crossbow. I hate the low EQ% on the magicals but they are great mage disrupters. Overall though I feel like a really solid crossbow or composite are the best.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »
With imbuing on the way are you guys making bows with normal wood now since enhanced stuff can't be imbued? Or still going the ash route?

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 12:07:27 AM »
onlyindreams ....  You can enhance imbued items, but you cannot imbue enhanced items..   This means that any item that you'd want to enhance should first be crafted out of the base material (iron / plain wood / regular leather) THEN Imbued  THEN enhanced.  (and yes if I understand stuff correctly  you could indeed waste alot of effort  by trying to enhance a super leet 5 mod something and fail breaking it...)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 05:52:35 AM »
I'm thinking of burning a Heartwood Kit on Ranger Shortbows. Using Ash you could get 35% SSI on them, with 15% SSI guaranteed. This would be for my son's PvM char. He needs a good, all purpose bow to carry around with him.

Hopefully I can get a GM made short with some Mana Leech on it so he can spam his lightning strikes.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 10:04:33 AM »
I just went to TC a few days ago and burned some Heartwood Fletching Kits on magical shortbows. I was totally unimpressed with the results. Everytime I get the urge to burn a runic I head over to TC and everytime I shake my head at what pops out. Maybe I'm unlucky is all...

Magical shortbow is my favorite weapon although I wish the specials were better. Do let us know if you get anything good.

The best bows I've gotten were off Dreadhorn when wearing a luck suit. I'd then enhance them with Ash to boost the SSI.

I am looking forward to imbueing bows and jewelry. It's the melee weapons I'm a little leary about.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »
Heartwoods are terrible with results.

I was just looking at a crossbow I made with one a few months back...

46DI
40SSI
22HCI
21 Mana leech  (Are you serious?)

I mean why do they make things with such LOW intensity?  It's just kinda stupid.  When I make bows on TC I run my script that makes em and throws the junk ones to the bower.  I run that overnight w/ like 50k wood in his bank to hope I wake up to something good to use lol.

Heck.  I made a kryss w/ a copper runic like 5 months ago and randomly sold it for 20mil.  From a 25k runic...  UO really needs to fix things.  But when imbuing comes out it will be forgotten about anyways.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 10:18:10 AM »
OMG what is this about a Wraith Archer? You run the craziest templates. What in god's name!? I'd never even think to experiment with one. I'd have to see it in action first hand myself. I mean mobility is crucial on an archer.

Do tell us more. :)

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 02:35:21 PM »
I was just looking at a crossbow I made with one a few months back...

46DI
40SSI
22HCI
21 Mana leech  (Are you serious?)

I mean why do they make things with such LOW intensity?  It's just kinda stupid.

Actually ...

21 Mana leech is about right.   Mana leech & life leech now take into account the Speed of the weapon.  The higher the speed the lower possible leech.  This is why you only see 100% hit mana / life leech on really slow weapons (Halberds etc) with no ssi etc...   I know that when they made the original change to these leeches my Composite bow with 42 mana leech & 35% ssi became 23% mana leech...

Anway... also realize that for any archer weapon it will leech 1/2 as much as a melee counterpart with the same percentage leech...

Maximum amount possible to leech is 40% of dmg done.

What the "mana leech number" on your weapon is that EVERY HIT it leeches between 1 & "that mana leech #"  of the maxium (line above)...

Example..  I do 100 dmg to a monster.  My bow Has 30% Hit mana leech...
Maximum mana I can leech is 40% of 100 = 40 mana
Every hit with my bow I leech  a random amount from 0 - 30% of that 40 mana.. so on average I leech 15% of 40 mana = 6 mana.  THEN it gets halved because it's a Ranged Archery attack.. making the actual mana leech = 3 mana.   If it was a katana instead it would have leeched 6 mana.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 02:53:28 PM »
21 Mana leech is about right.   Mana leech & life leech now take into account the Speed of the weapon.  The higher the speed the lower possible leech.  This is why you only see 100% hit mana / life leech on really slow weapons (Halberds etc) with no ssi etc...   I know that when they made the original change to these leeches my Composite bow with 42 mana leech & 35% ssi became 23% mana leech...

I know how leech formulas work.  Archery weapons get their leech formula modified with an extra division of two of the end result, which disallows extremely high leech.  Maybe I should have used a bow as an example with 26% fireball out of a heartwood, as that's my beef w/ em. It's just incredibly stupid that a heartwood runic will craft bows with such low mods (IE:  50% minimum intensity).  Why would any sane player that does that system by hand want a heartwood runic kit, just to end up with junk in the 50% intensity range?  They don't.  Which is why heartwood is usually ran completely by scripters, because only someone with way too much time on their hands would do it w/o a script :O.

But that's really a problem with tailoring runics & saws also.  You can craft a 2mr, 8lmc, 20lrc piece out of a copper hammer (35k) if you wanted, hit the armslore w/ verite on the fire resist, and bank off of it pretty easy.  But why do they care?  Imbuing will be above those runics, leaving them in the shadows.

The only benefit fletching runics will have is velocity & balanced over imbuing.  Then again can you craft a bow with an Oak Runic, get balanced on it, imbue the crap out of it, and then enhance it to 40SSI?  If not, hell, 30SSI is enough w/ an insane stamina increase suit, and the upcomming SSI bracelet, also not to mention imbuing a SSI crafted ring! :O

My wammys bow is awesome though.  35SSI Xbow with all 3 leeches, and damage.  I run a complete 8stam, 8mana, 8lmc suit w/ junk resist (I don't take damage, I usually have a pet tank).  Puts me at 190 stamina with bugged potions, 150 strength, and some crazy mana amount.  Also rocking the "safety helmet" w/ 10%SSI & a 5%SSI DI ring.  It's pretty fun.  With imbuing I want to make a suit out of that wooden armor and get DI on it w/ the same setup!  Wonder if you can do that?!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:58:29 PM by OMGBurgers »

Tags: