Author Topic: Questions and Answers - General  (Read 16420 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Questions and Answers - General
« on: April 25, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »
+1
Q: Is this part of the OpenEUO initiative?

A: No, we'd rather maintain our own code rather than be depend on another "closed" source.
------------------
Q: Will ScriptUO be open source?

A: No.
------------------
Q: What are your plans for client interaction?

A: At the present, there is limited client interface.  Partially due to my own time determining what the client hooks are.  For client version 6.0.5.0, I had a very large amount of client interface completed.  But going forward, I wanted to concentrate on what caused me to write ScriptUO to begin with.  So the user interface and tools get 1st priority.
------------------
Q: When will you be opening the site to registration?

A: Sometime after the alpha test phase at uocoders.com.  Moot, open.  ;)
------------------
Q: When are you going to finish this?

A: Well, since I work for a living and this is just a general pastime for me, I have to say that I'll finish it when I finish it.  I'm sorry but I just can't give a set time.  At least I'm actively adding new features all the time.  ;)
------------------
Q: How are you doing the ScriptUO development?

A: I'm using Visual C# and the .NET 2.0 platform.  I'm doing code development with SharpDevelop and version control with TortoiseSVN(Subversion).
------------------
Q: Why the heck are you using .NET?

A: Why not?  I like it.  Sure it's a Microsoft contraption, but I've been keeping a close eye on the development and at present I can still compile/execute with Mono. 
------------------
Q: Will you be transferring to the .NET 3.5 Framework?

A: Not unless forced by gunpoint or some other unforeseen occurrence.  2.0 Framework is widely used in the UOniverse with applications like RunUO and Razor already forcing many good people to install the framework.
------------------
Q: Are you utilizing anything else but C#?

A: Much of my client interface code is written, or is in the process of being re-written in C++.  Originally I had started this project using C++ since that's what I have known for many many years now.  But for the user interface, it made the most sense to implement it with C# and .NET Forms.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:01:30 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: