Author Topic: Greetings to you  (Read 2952 times)

Offline forsakenlyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • forsakenly has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings to you
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
My name is pronounced as Lee, I started playing Ultima back in my early around 1998 I think it was. I lived Bahrain and was playing Atlantic shard on a dial up connection. Did you know that I remember it costing about 8 Bahranian dinar which is about 20 USD for 12 hours of internet access? Dial up on the other side of the world was painful but I loved the game so much that I gave them all my money to play. The cost of the uo subscription was a pittance compared to the internet cost.

Now I live in Dallas Texas USA and not only do I get super speed internet but I also switched to the demise and hybrid shards. Not only do I save money from those expensive internet cards but I do not even pay the monthly uo fee either. I have gotten so spoiled.

I do not know how to write scripts, the most I have ever done was altering a few to make them suit me better. Scripts make the game so more enjoyable and keeps me from letting Ultima consume my entire life. The time and frustration saved go a long way in providing me time to spend with the rest of life's necessities like my job, wife, guns, and tennis.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Greetings to you
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:08:20 PM »
Please tell me you take your wife over guns!  hheh.  I'll take guns myself, but my girlfriend is a close 2nd. ;)

Welcome to the site1
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:58:33 PM »
I have heard your name mentioned before TrailMyx but never quite knew where to find you. I remember a few times looking for certain scripts and I would get vague clues in message transcripts pointing towards your work from google searches but never found anything until now.

Yes I do love my firearm collection but still prioritize my wife first. Althrough she shows no interest in tennis, i have managed to beguile her in both guns and uo.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:41:35 AM »
Thanks for the intro Ly.

You're a tennis player?

Welcome to SUO.

X

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline xenoglyph

• Activity:
    0%
  • xenoglyph is looked down upon.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 04:11:18 AM »
welcome!

What's the star of your gun collection?  I haven't much, but I'm fond of my imbel FAL
UO Machine, advanced scripting for UO.

Are you prepared to die for your beliefs or just to dye your hair?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »
My preference is my Glock 23. Compact enough to conceal, reliable enough for self defense, and just a lot of fun to take to the range. I do not have anything other than handguns but I have a friend here who is not even 21 and he keeps nearly a dozen rifles and and shotguns including a fal.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 04:42:46 PM »
Note to self... stay on your good side.  Welcome to the site.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 07:50:01 AM »
Thanks for the intro Ly.

You're a tennis player?

Welcome to SUO.

X

Tennis FTW people. Welcome.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »
Welcome to the site!

Toptwo and I also have a nice selection of guns. I even got a new rifle for valentines one year!  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Tags: