Author Topic: Cell phone upgrade time...  (Read 5886 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Cell phone upgrade time...
« on: September 02, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »
So my Verizon Wireless "new every two" was up over a year ago but i like my hacked Razr VC3. Unfortunately my wife's phone is dying and I want us to have the same phone so it's time to upgrade (I wouldn't mind one with Micro SD support anyhow).

So, any Verizon Wireless customers out there have a recommendation? I want MicroSD support, mini-USB connection so my VC3 chargers, etc will still work, and something that is flexible regarding hacking and customizing firmware/unlocking.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any input!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Cell phone upgrade time...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:40:43 PM »
Do not get teh chocolate.  that's all i know... now i have to wait 1.5 years more...LOL
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 01:23:27 PM »
My sister just got the Envy2 and the sound quality is great on it.  Actually, the speakerphone is more clear than others I've heard.  The keyboard is nice, but the display is a bit lacking.  I'm kinda waiting for the Envy3.  (if they make one)

My girlfriend just got the Voyager.  It's got great features, but it's a monster. 

They are still all a bit big for me.  I still have an old Razr, so I'm used to the wafer thin phone, so I'm having troubles myself finding a good replacement these days.

For me, I'm waiting for Verizon to finally get a clue and start offering some real choices for international.  Jeez, I have to maintain a T-Mobile account in order to have an international line.  Kinda sucks.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Freddy

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
This is not what you wanted

ditch verizon, go at&t and get iphone.

There you go :D

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »
Yeah TM I a big fan of my RAZR but it doesn't even show up on the list of options for the upgrade. I'm with you on the slim phone. I have a Treo too and I pretty much leave it in my laptop bag otherwise I'm afraid I would throw it away.

As for AT&T, Vemont = no AT&T = no iPhone (not that I would pay that kind of $$ to talk on the phone anyhow).

Anyone use a Motorola Moto? Seems similar to the Razr but I'm just looking online ATM, haven't swung by the store yet.

XII

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:40:11 PM »
don't get the Dash either.. Windows Mobile Phone.. damn thing freezes on me to much.. I should have known better than to get anything with the word Windows/Microsoft on it.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »
I like my nokia n95

the big plus is it is still able to handle phonecalls :-)

nice cam 5 megapixle
great gps navi
nice media player

only minus is you need 2 or 3 extra batteries ...
when you use the cam

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 03:18:14 PM »
This is not what you wanted

ditch verizon, go at&t and get iphone.

There you go :D

Lol, iFone.  Freddy just knows how much I hate Apple and likes to push my buttons (err, well, my touchscreen). Then on top of it all to get stuck with AT&T?  lol again.  There's already 2 strikes in that sentence....  heh

Anyhow, Verizon is always behind in the phone selection category.  I'm not sure why since they are the biggest cellular provider in the states.  Every once in a while they surprise me (like the Moto Q and the Dare).

Ah, Vermont.  I spent a lot of time in Burlington a few years back working on a project for a company there.  Was there many times and did really like it.

Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:33:46 PM »
Speaking on Verizon's behalf.. I went to Ohio/Kentucky Border right on the Ohio River.
My Father in Law had Verizon, I have T-Mobile, My Brother-in-Law has U.S. Cell.
I had to near the River to get Signal, My Father in Law was the only person that had full Str.
we in a Private Owned Trailer Camp Ground. any time I wanted to use my Internet or basically to use the phone I had to take the golf cart down to the docks to make a call.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 04:45:10 PM »
Speaking on Verizon's behalf.. I went to Ohio/Kentucky Border right on the Ohio River.
My Father in Law had Verizon, I have T-Mobile, My Brother-in-Law has U.S. Cell.
I had to near the River to get Signal, My Father in Law was the only person that had full Str.
we in a Private Owned Trailer Camp Ground. any time I wanted to use my Internet or basically to use the phone I had to take the golf cart down to the docks to make a call.

Oh I agree.  I used to have Cingular, Nextel and still have T-Mobile.  Each one of them really can't come close to comparing to Verizon's connectivity.  I also have their 3G modem built into my laptop, and I have been able to surf the internet while driving from San Diego to Vegas.  Amazing stuff.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »
I work in Burlington actually, my desk overlooks Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks. I start my day every morning with a cup of coffee and just watching the view.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »
I work in Burlington actually, my desk overlooks Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks. I start my day every morning with a cup of coffee and just watching the view.

I remember having lunch down on the docks there on the lake.  Probably the weather right now is pretty darn nice.  I took pictures.  Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of the absolutely gorgeous blond I was having lunch with.  :)

(Oh look, another thread derailing!)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
DSCF0008.JPG
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 01:31:01 AM »
Ah yes, the boathouse. Nice place for karaoke on Thursday nights. I would have prefered a pic of the blond though  ;) Next time you're in the area you'll have to let me know and we'll grab some lunch.

Hey, did you take that picture with your cellphone?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 08:35:12 AM »
Ah yes, the boathouse. Nice place for karaoke on Thursday nights. I would have prefered a pic of the blond though  ;) Next time you're in the area you'll have to let me know and we'll grab some lunch.

Hey, did you take that picture with your cellphone?

Ah, I miss that girl.  Just was a colleague, a mechanical engineer, but she was also a crazy one.  She was fun to hang out with.

Anyhow, that was 2003 when cellphone pics were really crappy.  Those pics were from my old but trusty Fuji Finepix camera.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: