Author Topic: Mwinc. Miner  (Read 22544 times)

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mwinc. Miner
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 03:21:03 PM »
okay that is the one i was thinking of.
i thought someone had fixed it and had re-posted it.
it starts like it is going to work then once we recall to the first spot it stops and says its looking at my recall books.
so am i doing something wrong. i used this script a ton 5-6 years ago.

thanks

Most likely, the problem is that you are not using the .mul files that are needed for this script and other resources mining scripts (i.e. Mining, Lumberjack, etc.

I do not know where to get these files, as they were at one time were available here.  If someone knows where these files can be located or can upload them, that would be very much appreciated.  I need these files, too!

Oracle
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:59:21 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline MungoTolkien

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MungoTolkien has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2020, 12:32:31 AM »
when i use this script i get stuck with the message identifying your books . now my ore books are named ore16 and each rune is called ore and my home book is called home02 with a bank rune and a home rune

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 04:44:15 AM »
when i use this script i get stuck with the message identifying your books . now my ore books are named ore16 and each rune is called ore and my home book is called home02 with a bank rune and a home rune

Sounds like you may be on a free shard and the books have a different ID. Use one of the ID finders here on the runebooks and compare to what the script lists them as.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 01:00:18 PM »
Use this Scriopt a lot. It works very well. The only problem I have with it is that it will not pull ingots from the bank, no matter where I put them. If I want this to run a long time AFK I then have to load the Miner with 500-600 ingots and them come back later and see how many are left in the pack.  When the Miner gets down to less than crafting a shovel's worth then it just stops.

There is a reward item called the Miner's Satchel (at the Ranger's Guild in Skara). I am wondering if this would help with this Script or any other Mining Script. Has anyone tried it or Used one?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 05:57:03 PM »
To determine whether the Miner's Satchel would be the same or an improvement (on ingots/hour), you can measure the time required to recall to the bank, unload and recall back.

I would separate that timing into these 2:
1) recall (x2)
2) unload

The new method to use the Miner's Satchel would become:
1) 1 second for top 2 ore types to move (12 stones version and 7 stones version)
2) 1.x second to combine the lighter ore types

At the time that it recalls to the bank, there is a weight check to decide to go unload. This is where the new logic gets inserted.
1) weight check (already there)
2) move large ore to Miner's Satchel
3) combine smaller ores
4) weight check
5) If this weight check has reduced your weight significantly compared to #1, then head to the bank, otherwise resume mining
--- new bank unload routine ---
6) it will open the bank and unload what is in your main pack (already there)
7) open Miner's Satchel (1 second delay for container open after event macro 17)
8) finditem %oretypes C_ , %MinersSatchelID ; I am just using English named variables here - those need to be properly defined
Now there will be 1 or 2 types of ore in the Satchel
9) drag/drop these 1 or 2 types of ore into the bank
10)resume recalling back to mine more (already in the code)

It will cost about 2-3 seconds each time you reach max weight to move ore to the Satchel.
It will cost about 2-3 seconds each time at the bank to unload.
So the comparison is, you have saved 1 recall to the bank and back to the mine - Does this take 6 seconds or longer to do the 2 recalls?
At 6 seconds, it will keep your ore retrieval about equal to the script without the modifications.
Under 6 seconds means you will be slower gathering ore.
More than 6 seconds means your ore production would increase.

Back to the timing on the 2 Recalls to get to the bank and return (not including the unload time) - < 6 seconds, = 6 seconds or > 6 seconds?

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline virtualhabitat

• Activity:
    0%
  • virtualhabitat has no influence.
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 11:38:25 AM »
Love this script.  I used it several years back and I downloaded it again when I returned recently to OSI.

I have a copy of the old .mul fils so I haven't had any of the common issues people seem to have.. 
The issue I have is an odd one.
When toon recalls to bank he opens bank
Then he immediately tries to recall to bank again.  Of course it fizzles and says location is blocked.

Then he unloads ore into secure and resumes mining at the next location in the ore books.  He never skips location and never fails to unload ore into secure.

The script is working perfectly except the fizzle evey time at the bank.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 01:12:45 PM »
+1
That sounds like your recall timer is too short and you are not using the position change option.

Gaderian

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline virtualhabitat

• Activity:
    0%
  • virtualhabitat has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2021, 03:55:18 PM »
That sounds like your recall timer is too short and you are not using the position change option.

Gaderian

Very interesting development -to me anyway....

So I tinkered with recall timer and position change.  both separately and together.  No joy. 
I couldn't figure it out.  Then I remembered something about stuff on top of gumps interfering with other stuff. 

As it happens I have enlarged containers option nowdays because I got old and I can't see *bleep*.
My bank container is like 3/4 of the game screen.  It was blocking the view of the (scanner?)  Whatever, I reverted to normal container size and problem solved!!!!!!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2021, 06:26:38 PM »
It is probably trying to match up the gump size - which would have changed.
Typically we open some container (or maybe a crafting gump) and then the script will wait for the container size (#CONTSIZE) to match the known value.

If you really like the large containers, it is probably possible to revise this script (and others) to reflect the new sizes.

I can understand wanting larger graphics for readability myself. I have glasses for dealing with the screen because of work, so I have been getting away without pushing the graphics options in game - yet.

If you need assistance with how to look for and make these kinds of changes for scripts, I can walk through an example.

Gaderian

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2021, 11:38:38 AM »
been trying to figure out how to update this for ter mur mining or sand mining..so far no joy..everything else works perfect, even cave mining, so cant understand why has issue with sand mining.. dunno will get it going at some point!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2021, 01:25:10 PM »
Ter mur mining is non-tile based. There have been a few public projects out there that show how to do it. I have only seen one that doesn't have a manual setup, but it tends to be slower.

I wrote a script to fish in Ter Mur (any resource farming is the same - mine, lumberjack, fish) for a facet, but there only crystalline blackrock and crystal shards as special rewards in Ter Mur for mining and LJ respectively. I did it to get the rare fish. It has been sitting idle on my computer now for more than a year because there is only so many fish I can be bothered to get before I move on to something else.

Gaderian

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2021, 01:59:19 PM »
been trying to figure out how to update this for ter mur mining or sand mining..so far no joy..everything else works perfect, even cave mining, so cant understand why has issue with sand mining.. dunno will get it going at some point!

This build use Tile info,   It work on all the old facet ( Fel/Tramme;/ Tokono/Malas)  Termur  have no tile info store within Easy UO.  Only way to to this is by location to you.    Neo have a Lumberjack that you can record the click location.   
Spewy have an option to record your click location if you want.  I haven't use it in 6 years now.     https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200

Your other option is to figure out how to use Mr S..  mining.  This one scan for location around you that can be mine.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 07:15:22 AM »
Does this miner work without updated MUL files?

I want to run it in Fel on OSI next to my mountain house.

Is this a good choice for that?

I'm going to try it out but if anyone has any input I'm all ears.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2022, 04:33:59 PM »
Did this get taken down? Was trying to test all the mining/lj scrips for feedback and dont see the d-load for this 1.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2022, 07:32:50 PM »
This was a post made when she was looking for help with it. The actual thread for it is here: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=309701&sid=56a2075042d0d8edb0b1c042279052f2
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 07:37:30 PM by Crisis »

Tags: