Author Topic: Factions Question  (Read 3058 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Factions Question
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »
I have a bunch of toons that I put into TB without really thinking about it, mostly because that was closest to my main house.  I feel like TB sort of sucks, and I would rather have my guys in SL. Better for fighting demon spawn, better for getting silver, cooler name...

None of my toons have points, but a number of them can wear level four gear. I am wondering whether if I drop TB and switch them to SL will I lose the ability to wear level four?  Not sure why I can wear it without points anyway. Does anyone know why?

Should I give it a shot and switch them?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Scrripty

Re: Factions Question
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 09:21:07 PM »
Yes.  You'll still be able to wear level 4.

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:29:45 AM »
TB and SL may have different point requirements to reach rank 4 - for example, there may be people in TB who are rank 10 with only 10 points, whereas in SL a guild have been farming points and therefore you'll need 100000 points to reach level 10 in SL because they have raised the bar. Because of this it the requirement for level 4 will be a lot higher in SL than TB so its unlikely you can reach it with 0 points. Does that make sense? Your best bet is to check the faction point rankings on uo.com for TB and SL and see if theres any SL on the leaderboard with a massive amount of points, as that will make it harder for you to gain rank.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:12:24 AM »
I think you mis-read myinitial post.  None of my toons currently have any points at all, yet a number of them are able to wear level four, and one level seven.  Presumably they are bugged in some way.  I just wonder whether the bug is likely to be persistent if I drop one faction for another.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »
To answer your question Paul yes you are likely to loose your level 4 ability if you change factions. I always look for the smallest faction to join to get the most out of it when i join a new shard. The others where answering your question just in their own way. On One of the shards I play I have a knight of the Codex and he only has one kill (He can wear level 10 faction Items) !! If that helps you any.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:24:26 AM »
It is not a bug; you can wear level four with zero points because the average for the guild is so low.  that is what 8ball was basically explaining.  if a different faction has a higher average of points you will probably not be able to wear the level four.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »
That makes sense generally, but doesn't explain the variance I see amongst my toons.  None of them have any points, all are in the same faction, but they are different faction levels.  Most are level one, but there are a couple of level fours and one level seven. All in TB, all on the same shard, none have done faction fighting.

-Mario Andretti

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:25:11 AM »
That makes sense generally, but doesn't explain the variance I see amongst my toons.  None of them have any points, all are in the same faction, but they are different faction levels.  Most are level one, but there are a couple of level fours and one level seven. All in TB, all on the same shard, none have done faction fighting.

Well you character can actually go -4 or -5 points but does not show that in showscore.  If you were to farma  new factions character for points... you would notice that they run out of points and cannot give tehm anymore placing them at a negative number.  Now you have one character with zero and another with zero that is valued as lower.  You probably have guys that got stat loss or something in the mix.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 12:02:59 PM »

Have you used any of them to collect silver with? There used to be an old bug if you killed so many faction monsters you where given higher rank but it was a bug.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 12:33:17 PM »
there was also a weird bug where characters incertain slots got bugged due to influences that I cannot remember if I can repeat.  nobama made the original post

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »
I have collected silver with the seven, but with neither of the fours.  Tempted to move some of them just to figure out if its really a bug.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »
there was also a weird bug where characters incertain slots got bugged due to influences that I cannot remember if I can repeat.  nobama made the original post

Started posting what it was and reliazed we where not in elite chat :(

Tags: