Author Topic: Verizon forcing people off their grandfatered unlimited plans  (Read 7584 times)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Verizon forcing people off their grandfatered unlimited plans
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
I think Bookwyrm meant 2.5G.  But we still get the shaft when it comes to prices here in the States when it comes to cell phone and internet access

I'm still on the waiting list for Google Fiber. They need to hurry up install it!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 07:27:54 AM »
I think Bookwyrm meant 2.5G.  But we still get the shaft when it comes to prices here in the States when it comes to cell phone and internet access. 

We definitely Do on the data side at least... My brother in the uk gets approx 500mins and unlimited data with unlimited tethering for under $20 a month.  He ditched his home line and home internet connection.   He never uses his 500 mins as he just uses skype for the most part.  Month to month contract.

If our carriers started using  standard phones instead of custom phones for their networks we would have competitive pricing as well.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 04:14:57 AM »
EN, are you buying a phone full price and then adding a service plan to it without a contract?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
EN, are you buying a phone full price and then adding a service plan to it without a contract?

Well I buy whatever is best value but at the time with the aim of not being locked in to any vendor.. ie i prefer GSM phones and always only go month-month contracts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My last purchase was for my daughter and son... who were on net10 but now on metropcs.  

Phone cost $150 before discounts.  Actual cost $70   (-$30 back to school promotion on new accounts, -$50 for opening an account and porting number in).  Phone-- http://www.metropcs.com/metro/category/PhonesandMore/Phones/detail/LG_Optimus_L9%E2%84%A2/610214632647

Monthly cost with unlimited data/text and calls  $25.  4 Lines for $100 promotion(Already had two phones on metro). First 500mb per phone at 4g  rest at 3g. Backbone is T-Mobile who now owns MetroPCs.   http://www.metropcs.com/metro/promotions/promotionsDetail.jsp?promoId=promo830004&int_camp=4for100-plan-hp-a2-spot

Phone is a GSM phone.. can be used worldwide.  I believe its locked but next time i'm in the UK i can get it unlocked for $5.

Currently I see that as the best value in the market... if anyone sees better than $100 for 4 lines unlimited i'd love to hear about it. (I'm actually paying $120 as only new lines were allowed to drop to $25 per line the old 2 got dropped to $35 .. still pretty good average $30 per line).

Another good deal Virginmobile offers a sweet Iphone deal of $30 month unlimited data and 300mins... But i prefer the unlimited calls and cheaper droid phones

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:56:10 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 09:23:24 AM »
I'm liking my Nexus 5 I got for T-mobile.  The screen on it is absolutely amazing.  IPS and 440ppi makes it kinda feel like an oil painting and less an LCD.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »
I cut the cord with Verizon today.  I've been with them since 1994ish.  I'm such a creature of habit.  lol.  I'm sure I'll become habitual in the $50/month savings.  hehehe

Now will come the pathetic robotic attempt to get me to switch back.  The next shoe to drop will be my girlfriend, her daughter, my Mom, Dad and sister all switching away from them.  Take that corporate greed! 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: