Author Topic: Printers  (Read 9768 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Printers
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 09:08:19 AM »
I bought myself an air guitar and I'm always forgetting were I put it.
You must have forgotten that the best feature of an air guitar is that, no matter where you leave it, it always finds it's way back to you when you need it.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »
You must have forgotten that the best feature of an air guitar is that, no matter where you leave it, it always finds it's way back to you when you need it.

So that's how it works!  Man, I have a pile of them *somewhere* and I could have been using the same one over and over again.  Sheesh, I feel foolish now!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
Just remembered Over the summer i needed scan about 100 pages... I ended up just using my phone to photograph the pages then used an image to pdf converter...  would have been nice to have an automated full duplex scanner, but pics were way quicker than flipping the lid on my old flatbed scanner  especially on a one off situation.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »
So, I just about pulled the trigger on a DELL model, *strums his air guitar*, then checked in on the cartridge prices. A co-worker just had to bring me back from the dead so I could type this reply after my cardiac arrest - $140 per cartridge with 4 needed?!?!? Holy sheepshit! I mean, I was expecting them not to be cheap but wow! It would be cheaper if I burned through the 4 included cartridges then put the $600 printer on Craigslist for $250 and use that toward a replacement printer every year!

This changes everything lol...bummer too, I have about $220 of credit with DELL to use up. Guess it won't be on a printer there.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
Holy crap!  That's some expensive ink.  Might as well pay to have your favorite pages professionally tattooed on your chest!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
I have always preferred HP Printers. Check this one out: http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/pdfs/CZ165A_HPColorLaserJetProMFPM177fw_R4.pdf

The machine runs about $350 which isn't bad for a Color Laser AIO. It is not auto-duplex but the drivers allow for 2 sided printing. The Black ink cartridge is approx $54 for 1300 copies and color is approx $57 for 1000 copies. If you figure that the average inkjet is about $20 for 300 black copies and $35 for 300 color copies, Laser is way cheaper.  :D

Tags: