Author Topic: A wolf among sheep  (Read 3709 times)

Offline CasanovaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Casanova has no influence.
  • Marine. MMA Champion. Nerd.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
A wolf among sheep
« on: February 17, 2014, 09:16:50 PM »
Gentlemen and Fellow UO'rs,

About 9 months ago I left California and my family to make my 3rd deployment as a Marine. I stopped by a couple times said hi in the shout box and browsed over new threads.

Well I made it back but this isn't about me.

This is about a man or as I would call him a Wolf who I found out yesterday did not make it back. A Wolf Among Sheep: Master Sergeant Aaron Torian. MSgt T was KIA on the 15 Feb 2014. Husband and Father of 3. This was a man who literally was the best of the best. You watch Lone Survivor? You've read Chris Kyle's story? MSgt T was Marine Corps Special Forces and he was one of their best on par with any seal and certainly better than some... I went out to support his team towards the end of my deployment and upon meeting him, you just knew you'd follow this wolf into the darkest stairway to hell without hesitation. I'll be honest, I didn't know him as well as I'd like to of but he'll forever be in my memory as one of America's finest...

I know the war is not glamorous anymore... Hell I think we should have pulled out some time ago but I'd ask if you could find a moment in your day to take that moment and give MSgt T a simple thought. He truly was a wolf among sheep. Striking fear into the hearts of many men who would do you or your loved ones harm in an heartbeat for no other reason than being American.

Well I hope I didn't ramble to badly, I'm about 2 sheets to the wind and just wanted to share this..

Take care all

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: A wolf among sheep
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »
It's very sad to hear when someone doesn't come back.  Hopefully he knew how many people appreciate everything he did and the sacrifices he made.  I mean that for everyone that serves.

BTW, thank you for your service as well.

On a lighter note, finally got around to seeing Lone Survivor.  Pretty good movie.  Wonderful story, but the actual movie technical aspects kinda annoyed me a bit.  The movie make-up was kinda fake/overdone IMHO.  Fortunately didn't detract too much from the very sad and actually uplifting story.  I can't imagine having to go through crap like that.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »
Thanks for sharing.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:51 AM »
War is never glamorous. It sucks that he didn't make it through this one.

o7

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »
My thoughts and prays out to his family and childrena dn what he did for us.

Offline CasanovaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Casanova has no influence.
  • Marine. MMA Champion. Nerd.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »
Thank you all for taking a moment and listening.

Tags: