Author Topic: Blue Pet names popping up left side of screen... Cause?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Blue Pet names popping up left side of screen... Cause?
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »
Ok... so this has been happening alot to me recently.   I'll be killing stuff in shame or hunting in the abyss at a few select areas & all of a sudden I will see "a war horse" pop up in blue text on the LEFT side of my screen.  It's almost like it's a system message but it's the wrong color.  I've been alone in these cases, but I have a sneaking suspicion that what I'm seeing is a hidden person logging in & the blue "a war horse" messages (4 of em) that I see are his pets in his stable loading?  Anyway, just curious & wondering if anyone can shed some light on it.   Also, if I remember correctly there used to be an oldschool method of running a type of "spawn camera" but instead you used a tamed pet in the dungeon & if I remember correctly the pet would change it's orientation if anyone else entered the sub server the dungeon was on....  Does anyone know if I'm remembering that correctly or wanna test heh?

Thanks!

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Pet names popping up left side of screen... Cause?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »
Heh. 2 questions: Are you using Stealth as your scripter?  Did you look in your stables?

I tried out Stealth and noticed that for me, this was happening.

Cheers,
  Xander

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:47:50 PM »
If by Stealth you mean the scripting client no I'm not..   Actually I'm not using it in either case.

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:10:26 AM »
Ok... so this has been happening alot to me recently.   I'll be killing stuff in shame or hunting in the abyss at a few select areas & all of a sudden I will see "a war horse" pop up in blue text on the LEFT side of my screen.  It's almost like it's a system message but it's the wrong color.  I've been alone in these cases, but I have a sneaking suspicion that what I'm seeing is a hidden person logging in & the blue "a war horse" messages (4 of em) that I see are his pets in his stable loading?
Pretty much this, on all my faction characters when I log in the names of all my pets in the stable will show up on the left side of my screen. Also when other players die on my screen their name pops up there too, not sure if thats only for factioners as well.

Tags: