Author Topic: Stealth on a rail  (Read 3228 times)

Offline The GhostTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Stealth on a rail
« on: May 28, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »
 I have a rail system, I can walk ans perform the task I want.  Good for me.  My problem is I'm trying be stay in stealth mode between  each point.   To help me move I try  have reduce the X Y location to each step, but still having issue. Each time I use Pathfind to move  my toon move to fast.    I try adding some wait but still getting my self of hiding.  Is this a lose cause.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth on a rail
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »
Ok after I remove a few line of code and chance pathfind for move, I can move stealth using the rail. 
Cheer

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 09:22:56 AM »
I have found if you use pathfinding you need to keep the cursor close to your toon to not run to a new spot breaking stealth.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 09:30:52 AM »
Ok after I remove a few line of code and chance pathfind for move, I can move stealth using the rail. 
Cheer

Thx Gimlet   that a good info, i will try that. 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 10:06:52 AM »
You best bet is to use Cheffes Move command while stealthing with a failsafe for pathfinding that takes control of your mouse every so often.

So lets say you want to let it take control of your mouse every 5 minutes if it absolutely needs to

Code: [Select]
set %Mouse_Timer #Scnt ; Resetting the Timer at the start of the script
set %X ; however you handle your rails
set %Y ;
set %Charposx #Charposx
set %Charposy #Charposy
Move %X %Y 0 2s
if #Charposx = %Charposx && #Charposy = %Charposy
{
if %Mouse_Timer < #Scnt
{
Center the mouse
set %Mouse_Timer #Scnt + 3,000 ; 5 Minutes
}
Event Pathfind %X %Y
wait XX
}

The Problem is cheffes move command looks goofy as hell unless you jack the #lpc to 9999 and then do something wonky like

set %Time_Limit #Systime + 3000
while %Time_Limit < #Systime && ( #Charposx <> %X || #Charposy <> %Y )
{
Move %X %Y 0 2
}
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:09:23 AM by manwinc »
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: