Author Topic: Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer  (Read 83737 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 02:11:32 PM »
+1
I can probably post a second version. One with possible karma loss, one without.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline dreamzcaster

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dreamzcaster has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 03:33:25 PM »
+1
I can send you what I did to it because really all I had to do was to remove a few lines of what you wrote in order to make it not release and just kill.  Of course now the menu doesn't make sense because it asks about release options when it does not release.  I have not experienced any karma loss whatsoever by killing the tames but I have neg karma already and am not sure if that matters.

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »
+1
Yea your current karma will matter. It will also depend on what you're killing. For example, I don't think anyone loses karma on bulls, but you do on some of the lesser creatures. Send me what you have and I'll post 2 versions
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline dreamzcaster

• Activity:
    0%
  • dreamzcaster has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »
+1
Yea your current karma will matter. It will also depend on what you're killing. For example, I don't think anyone loses karma on bulls, but you do on some of the lesser creatures. Send me what you have and I'll post 2 versions

PM sent ... also keep in mind one would need to be guilded I believe in order to kill a tamed pet cause if you are unguilded I dunno if you can damage it.

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »
+1
that is very true! You WOULD need to be guilded if doing it in tram! I'll check my messages and post it up as soon as I add in the other killed methods!

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »
+1
OK, I've decided I'm going to do a major revamp of this script. Hopefully all the functionality will remain intact, but I may end up releasing a few "beta versions" for people to test before I remove version 1.8!!

The "Short List" of Changes:
- Full menu with options as checkboxes instead of millions of pop-up messages
- Character-specific settings saving
- Add choice of Melee or Casting
- Add option to kill without release (possible karma loss and in Tram you would have to be guilded)
- Possibly change rename/release method

If anyone else can think of anything I missed, please post it as soon as you think of it so that I can add it before I get too entrenched!

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • welgill has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »
+1
Well on my shard at least there is an a** that likes to take the bulls onto a boat and far away but still on server. I would suggest that after say 3 loops of the waypoints it waits for a bit does another 3 loops and if still no bulls logs out.
just might save someone :)

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 12:16:09 PM »
+1
Maddog i have a question i am trying to use this on  lexia free shard the house of easy uo. I do not know if u are filmilar with it or not. Well CEO aparently did some magic in the bull pen. There is no fel there so have to tame in Trammel. The bulls cant be killed after a tame only before. I would like it to tame and release. On that shard after you release the tamed animal the creature dissapears. Then the loop can run  correctly. It does target to release the creature, opens the gump, and you get the verify menu. That is where it gets stuck. I have to manually click yes.  I posted a question in the bug section about this. Endless Night suggested i post here. I appolagise if i didnt ask correctly. I believe i sent you a pm  yesterday.

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
+1
I did receive your PM and I am going to look into it for ya! I have been incredibly busy with college as of late and have barely had time for anything else. This is my first time reading the forums in a couple days. I should be able to do what you requested simply by commenting out some code, but I want to look at it and make sure I don't accidentally break anything else doing it. If I have some time tomorrow I will put this at the top of my list! Thanks for the input!!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 05:58:57 AM »
+1
I've started using this and have the crash issue as well. Always after taming, prior to renaming.

I've already changed the magery part so I can use Archery to kill once released.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm planning some other changes as well.

- movement: make each "corner" spot random. Spot +/- 2 should work nice
- killing methods: include pets (all kill), weapon, magery, necro, mysticism
- journal scanning: change over to TM's journal scanner
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »
+1
I've started using this and have the crash issue as well. Always after taming, prior to renaming.

I've already changed the magery part so I can use Archery to kill once released.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm planning some other changes as well.

- movement: make each "corner" spot random. Spot +/- 2 should work nice
- killing methods: include pets (all kill), weapon, magery, necro, mysticism
- journal scanning: change over to TM's journal scanner

I've been doing a LOT concerning crashing and it's 9 times out of 10 a problem with doing something too fast, or 2 things at once.  Or moving and doing something.  Especially moving and looting, also targetting and doing things is a pain.  If you're not targetting you can do most anything.  There's some things you can only do so fast. :)  I'll have to give it a go too and see.  I'll start up a tamer.  I'm a terror on a tamer. :)

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 11:55:18 AM »
+1
Cerv, I'm glad to hear you've taken a look at it! Those have all been long-planned additions but everytime I think I'm going to have time to work on it, something else comes up (usually school work haha). You are more than welcome to make any/all changes and can post as your own revised version, or I can credit you within mine, whatever you want to do! This spring I will be on Co-Op, so no classes, which means I might actually have time to do some work, but I gotta survive this semester first LoL! Let me know if you need any help or have any questions about why I did things certain ways. I'll be glad to help as much as I can because I would like this script to still be a viable option for people!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »
+1
I'm betting it's the journal scanning... I'll put in TM's subs.

In the meantime - I recommend anyone using this put in a delay after each deletejournal line

deletejournal
   wait 10
return

I put in TM's random lander after each move segment, so you randomly move a couple steps at each corner. Looks a LOT less Twinkle McNugget.

I'll work in the journalscanner tomorrow, then start working on the 3 methods for killing.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:46:11 PM by Cerveza »
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 03:45:45 PM »
+1
Ok, got the crashes worked out (I hope) and I have randomized the landing spots with a slick little gosub.

As soon as I work out the journal scanning with TM I'll post up a version.

UOMaddog - I'll put back in the magery kill stuff, and add pet, melee, holy light, necro, and mysticism spells. How many ways are there to kill a tame?

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »
+1
How many ways are there to kill a tame?

I think you covered just about every way (other than maybe WoD, but that's a little extreme lol)

Tags: