Author Topic: Newer Artifacts...returning after some time off :)  (Read 5632 times)

Offline jtw1984Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Newer Artifacts...returning after some time off :)
« on: January 09, 2013, 06:13:13 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm returning after taking quite a bit of time off. I've been learning this new reforging stuff, and thanks to the -15 mage wep thread I was able to create my -15 MW/15 DCI wep!

Anyways, as I'm returning I'm noticing new items and what not. I was curious what most mages run now and days as artifact pieces?I was checking out some players on the EC client to view their mods and what not.

Anything new that is a must have like the conjurers garb?

Thanks!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Newer Artifacts...returning after some time off :)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »
Conjurer's Garb was years ago...how long have you been gone?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
Ah to be honest the last time I really played was a year and a half ago. Even then it was just for a couple weeks. I've probably been gone 2-3 years since I played actively.

I just see the price on some of these reforged armor pieces, and am wanting as much arties as possible without joining factions.

I figure I can still get 70 DCI, 2/6, 40 LMC, 100 LRC, and the max amount of MR, HPR, HPI, and MI possible.

Is EP still useful with the new poisoning changes?

For a bit today I thought my cure macro wasn't working. lol. That's a tough lesson to learn. haha

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »
Better to get one of these savvy PvPers to chime in here about what is viable and what isn't on a mage suit. Lots of the new gear your seeing could be the dungeon revamp items which in my mind was a huge mistake and short sighted move by the Dev Team.

I rarely play a mage except when it comes to backing up my main characters doing Champs and Spawns.

I believe something was changed with poisoning about a year ago because I remember poison Alacrities and Transcendence scrolls quadrupled in price.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:21:53 AM »
Hmm..  Well the obvious answer to your question is the following items...

[Faction]  http://www.uoguide.com/Faction
Ornament of the Magician
Fey Leggings
Folded Steel Glasses
Crystalline Ring on a Mystic Mage

[Non-Faction]
Conjurer's Garb
Mark of Travesty (2 skills @ +10 helps build some nice templates)
Slither
Tangle
+4 Int Boots / Unicorn Mane Woven Sandals (2% Random Eater Property)
-15 MW if your going that route.

REFORGED GEAR aka MR 3-4 / 5% DCI on Armor / Casting Focus / 4 HPR..

These Days take everything YOUR used to having on a tweaked out Mage suit & then add

• Casting Focus
  • Damage Eaters (30% Cap on Specific or 18% Cap on "Damage Eater All"
  • Hit point Regeneration
  • Reactive Paralyze if your a Parry Mage

It's really just a question of what type of Mage do you want to run.   A Hybrid Mage or a Focused Mage?  Mage Weapon or Not.
If your not Familar with Focused Mages then here's the link that explains a bit.  I can't remember what publish # it was to look it up more specifically.  Focused Mages basically have a 30% SDI cap instead of 15% with scribe adding another 10% SDI to that in both cases if you have 100 inscription.

http://www.uoguide.com/Spell_damage_increase

I'd Make up your mind on the type of MAGE you want to run & then sit at ATL Bank with a suit scanner of some kind running or even YEW gate & see what's to be seen.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:10:45 AM »
Thanks Alpha and Ultima, I gave you some plus rep.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:16:41 AM »
Gracious!  Good luck.  I'm re-thinking a suit atm as well.   I did forget to mention SHAME LOOT...   Basically the new dungeons can offer crazy Modded loot.  It's possible to get a few 100+ Mill items these days & then build the rest of your suit around them.   That's where you get some insane suits, but you have to either have Billions or be a Twinkle McNugget mofo & have the CLAw running while farming high end monsters like Unbound Energy Vortexs in the bottom of Shame.   (Wrong & covetous are also other options for where to farm since they have the new loot system as well)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »
but you have to either have Billions or be a *loser* mofo & have the CLAw running while farming high end monsters like Unbound Energy Vortexs in the bottom of Shame. 

~snip~

I am deeply wounded, sir.  Your jealously is evident and unbecoming.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 06:28:31 AM »
Not to forget : http://www.uoguide.com/Despise
Boss could drop http://www.uoguide.com/Despicable_Quiver or http://www.uoguide.com/Compassion%27s_Eye
First one is a must for each char i think, the Ring can be nice for Casters with luck ..

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 06:30:06 AM »
but you have to either have Billions or be a *loser* mofo & have the CLAw running while farming high end monsters like Unbound Energy Vortexs in the bottom of Shame. 

~snip~

I am deeply wounded, sir.  Your jealously is evident and unbecoming.
Oh you hurted Nobama.. Alpha you should consider your actions.. :'(

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »
*Begins SARCASM Below*

Sorry I realize that the *Sarcasm* in the above Quote was far from obvious.  I wouldn't badmouth the best looting script  for UO & those smart enough to be using it to their advantage.  Your right about the jealous part though heh....  I just need to get off my butt & make that farming character...

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 08:46:15 AM »
*Begins SARCASM Below*

Sorry I realize that the *Sarcasm* in the above Quote was far from obvious.  I wouldn't badmouth the best looting script  for UO & those smart enough to be using it to their advantage.  Your right about the jealous part though heh....  I just need to get off my butt & make that farming character...

ditto on creating a farming char and the jealousy
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »
Are people getting these 5 mod reforged armor pieces from Shame loot?

You know the 70-80 mil pieces that have 12 Damage Eater, 2 MR, 2 HPR, 8 LMC, 15 LRC, and after enhancing they would have decent resists.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 08:34:35 AM »
Are people getting these 5 mod reforged armor pieces from Shame loot?

You know the 70-80 mil pieces that have 12 Damage Eater, 2 MR, 2 HPR, 8 LMC, 15 LRC, and after enhancing they would have decent resists.

No.  If it says [reforged], that most likely means it was player-crafted using runic tools.  Hence the reason why all tailoring runics have recently bumped in price.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »
*Begins SARCASM Below*

Aww heck!  I knew you were kidding!  I like to play the victim sometimes. 

Plus, not your fault the filter removes that particular word and replaces it with "loser"!

All good!

Tags: