Author Topic: Returning player, returning ex-coder, returning... what?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline fabsmTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fabsm has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Returning player, returning ex-coder, returning... what?
« on: September 28, 2018, 10:03:41 PM »
Hi there,

my name is Fabrizio and i come from Italy, bear with me, my english is far from perfect, i apologize in advance. ::)

I am 48 and a long, long time player of UO back when it was almost at the start, i don't remember if Renaissance was out yet, but i am pretty sure i was playing around 2005.

At the time i was young and didn't have a wife and two childrens, so i had lots of time, and i coded lots of scripts. In the old EasyUo forum i was known as Topo, and some of my scripts are still there and working!  :o

Too bad coding is not my work anymore, so i am really rusty when it comes to fiddling with lines of EasyUo Scripts, but i can manage some little tweakings.

What brings me to the forums? Curiosity about the coding scene right now... It is bot-oriented? Or quality-of-life-oriented as in the old days of scripting?

And, just to turn my intro in a nice chat, can you enlighten me on the OSI official standings with macros?
Ten years ago it was rather lenient if it was not for farming, but for skilling, and didn't disturb the community (the infamous strip miners galore, for example).
It is safe to run macros to skill up? Or it's instant-ban now?

Thanks for all the answers, and nice to meet you all.  ;)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Returning player, returning ex-coder, returning... what?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 07:11:28 AM »
Ciao!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 09:45:31 AM »
Your English is actually very good. I understood everything you said easily.

I would say OSI still doesn't care about scripting. That's an uninformed guess though since I don't play official servers anymore. However, why change now? hah

Offline fabsmTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fabsm has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 03:46:22 AM »
I really hope so :D

I don't want my account banned only because i am catching up on three years absence.. :D

I have lots of questions, but i'll put them in the appropriate sections.

Thanks again to the mod for the unblocking... see you soon on the forums!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: