0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Cora
« on: September 08, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »
So I'm on an attempt to restart UO since PVP seemed to greatly fall off on my main shard and my intrest in UO dropped.

CORA:  http://www.uoguide.com/Cora

The latest patch said that there was an increase to the drop rate on this "champ" for the covetous artis http://www.uoguide.com/Artifacts_(Covetous) to 30% for each kill so off I went.

Method:  Sampire plus songweaving bard running peacemaking songs http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=7942.0

Pre mark a run on the top stairs as the run into the place in tram or fel is annoying and will cause death at times ruining the adventure.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Before running down the stairs invis your samp and bard.  Bring up honor and make sure you honor it as it takes for ever if you forget.  Have your samp on the other side of the wall like the pic and then you should be able to get the bard spells plus the bard should be albe to cast disco from this side aswell.

Once you are set up it's mostly afk from here till the end when she starts walking around and you have to follow her a bit.  I'm running a normal samp with 120 parry and 100 healing to do this.  She has a new mana leech such that you will not be able to get a AI or any other special so you just have to grind her down.

Since the patch I've done it three times getting two drops of the tundra bow but the glasses are clearly the prize though the blade would be a ok pvp weapon.

I also made a new weapon for her since I could not use mana leech so I added 40% mana drain which stratics people say helps to reduce her mana, I'm not 100% sure I  get hit with less spells but it might work.

GL.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:54:24 PM by Canuker »
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cora
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:55:16 AM »
Thanks for the writeup - does she hit hard? Do you need to use healing much or is vamp form life leech enough?

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »
With out the Bard that Chica Hits Like a Friggin' Mack Truck.  It was hopeless for me to go in there on a single account Sampy in any configuration.  And It got worse when more people were there.  Is there any Ankhs down there?

Offline CanukerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »
She can hit hard and the more people in her area of attack increases the amount of damage her "fire breath" does from 40-45hp to 80 and greater every 20 seconds or so such that it really is a solo event.  Without healing it's a lost cause even chugging pots at 50ep as far as I could tell mostly due to the fact that you don't have mana and can't do specials. 

I now run three accounts and have both bard specials going so I also have the provo damage increase which seems to have been changed and actually added a massive amount of extra umph to my guy.  You can bring in a spell casting healer as long as you are 8 tiles or more away she should not increas the damage but at around 5% life she will walk and it can cause everyone to die as her fbreath damage does not seem to get reduced to around 2% life or so.

In all hindsight I'm not to sure if she is a worth while boss to farm but it is easy once you have it set up.  I was doing it for the lenses but I saw a pair for sale on my main and debated buying them but the resists are far below the mace and shields plus you take a hugh hit on the stat increase.  I guess that if there is a market for the drops it's such a easy farm that the sale might be worth the effort.

Any other questions please fire away and I'll do my best.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
Did they change her Radius? Last time I tried fighting her she dragged in my buffer from 10 Tiles?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »
They migh have.  The only healer I had down there wasn't my account so I only guessed how far he was from me.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »
Good to know. I was just Hopping from the top of the stairs down. Waiting for my mana to do an AI with a thrower.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 06:03:08 PM »
Just another update, her lowest resist seems to be poison.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »
Noice! Thanks for the Info. I think I was doing 100% Cold WEapon
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »
I was getting about 30% more damage from a poison.  I must admit that I forgot to bring a energy weapon so I am not sure about that...

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:55 AM »
Thanks for the guide Canuker.  Couple friends and I decided to give Cora a try yesterday.  What a long and tedious battle. lol

I admit we didn't have a disco character in the group, just mystic necros and the tank.  I'll be toting the bard down there next go around for sure.  Betting that could cut the kill time in half if not more.

Now if we could only get that horribly long respawn timer fixed.. .. ..

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 04:41:19 PM »
Last follow up because there isn't much more info to drop.

I have found that a 480 skill bard running the bard healing spells will keep my sampire alive if I get her honored and this bard seems to get about a 50% better drop rate.  In the picture I posted you can trap cora between the wall and the barrels and she cannot get away leaving you about 10 mins to go smack your wife/gf's butt for a while till you are told to leave.  You can disco her through the wall if your bards are on the other side and she will not fire breath them. 

Not much else to add, drop rate is indicated at 30% but it is hit and miss at best.  Still any questions let me know and I'll do my best.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
Yeah, I think the trick to this is that the Walls don't give you problems with Line of Sight, but it blocks her line of sight. Neat
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 06:22:25 PM »
The Bard specials don't need LoS to work.  I am surprised that at times you can disco her through the wall though.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
The buffs don't need Los..... Man thats messed up...
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: