Author Topic: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer  (Read 153987 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« on: October 30, 2010, 10:05:43 PM »
C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer - OSI Shard Support Only
This script will automatically manage up to ten from a legacy boat or your personal selection from a new boat or land.  It replaces traps when they sink or bob quickly and then returns to monitoring traps.  The script refills traps at the bank and drops lobsters and crabs at a home secure (bag inside a secure container on the porch).  Then travels back to the farming location and pathfinds back to the original location.
Code: [Select]
; C2's Lobster Trap Farmer
; Version 2.1e & 2.2
; Purpose: Farm crab and lobster from legacy boat, new boats, or land
; OSI
; Released 11/6/10
; Credits TM Recall Subs
; Kham for his work on hardcoding max legacy positions (Code-snippits)
; Thank him for 10 trap function off legacy boat... I only had nine traps going!

Directions:
Code: [Select]
;Directions
; Runebook named fishing all runes go in this book except bank runes
; a key if using legacy boat
;You need high strength on your character to hold the weight or you may instantly recall home over and over
; Runes are edited below directions section
; adjust %waittimes below if timing is off
; legacy boats must be pointing north on UO Map!!!
; new changes allow bobbers to bob more than one time if you miss the first time
; be unmounted and start with 11-20 traps in pack
; make menu selections based on how many traps you are sure can be placed
; If using banks at all (Version 1.7 and higher), u will need a %bankbook with 16 bank locations
;If using bait version only have bait for the crab or lobster you are farming in pack and have a single stack of traps to start out for best performance

;;;  Additional Directions...for secures and banks  ;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;    Drop Loot Directions    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;       Bank only Mode      ;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; You will need a %bankbook with 16 bank locations
; Have bank full of lobster traps (Not in a bag in bank)
; Have a secure bag inside of bank (optional to hardcode is below set %farmbag)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Combo Mode ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; This is the original mode of dropping loot at house and grabbing
; traps from the bank to reduce bank travel.  Banks are dangerous!!!
; You will need a %bankbook with 16 bank locations
; Have bank full of lobster traps (Not in a bag in bank)
; have a main secure bag reachable from recall spot at house and loot bag inside

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;  Home Only Mode  ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; have a main secure bag reachable from recall spot at house and loot bag inside
; have lobster traps inside the main bad and not in the loot bag

There are 6 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
C2's Lobster Trap Setter 1.8f.txt
C2's Lobster Trap Setter 2.1g.txt
C2's Lobster Trap Setter 2.1h.txt
C2's Lobster Trap Setter with bait 2.2.txt
C2's Lobster Trap Setter with bait 2.3b.txt
C2's Lobster Trap Setter with bait 2.3c.txt
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:56:09 PM by _C2_ »

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
Re: C2's Lobster and Crab Farmer
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:10:03 PM »
I will be adding even more trap placement options soon.  if you use a old style boat you could place 8 traps at a time.  I will redesign the sub to be efficient for placing that many traps.  It already can monitor them efficiently.  Easy to do but it is the last sub i need to clean up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:22:58 PM by _C2_ »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:24:34 PM »
What benefit does fishing Lobster and Crab provide besides an excellent meal? :)

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 11:49:40 PM »
parts of the fishing quests... acquiring the power scrolls for fishing...

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:11:01 AM »
Can you add in Dumping crab/lobster at the bank??  ;D

LOL, J/K  am running this now, and so far it rocks! Should save me more then a few traps as it seems WAY faster then my 53 y.o. reflexes. Thank you so much for posting it up....I think crab/lobster fishing quickly got more boring for me then mining ever was! Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:25:05 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 09:18:19 AM »
Can you add in Dumping crab/lobster at the bank??  ;D

LOL, J/K  am running this now, and so far it rocks! Should save me more then a few traps as it seems WAY faster then my 53 y.o. reflexes. Thank you so much for posting it up....I think crab/lobster fishing quickly got more boring for me then mining ever was! Thanks!

Heck - your young - I'm 62! And yes it rocks (so fast)!!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 09:24:07 AM »
Is this a way to train fishing?
I am currently trying to modify your code to include a Hiding loop.

I am doing some testing with a 95 fisher and will let ya know.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »
Is this a way to train fishing?
I am currently trying to modify your code to include a Hiding loop.

I am doing some testing with a 95 fisher and will let ya know.

No gains at 95 - bummer hehehehehe

Also I tried to enter a gosub hide after repeat in your outstanding program. My sub hide is very simple

;===============================================
repeat
gosub hide
if #weight >= #maxweight - 20
etc
etc

;===================
sub hide

if H in #charstatus
   return
event macro 13 21
return
;===================
But iI now get an error saying the traps are too close -any thoughts?

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 01:31:42 PM »
I think the 'too close' message refers to the pots themselves. It looks like they need to be about 2 tiles from each other.

Also, I'm not sure you can hide when placing the pots and/or retrieving them...at least on the beta you would get revealed when placing.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 01:40:53 PM »
I think the 'too close' message refers to the pots themselves. It looks like they need to be about 2 tiles from each other.

Also, I'm not sure you can hide when placing the pots and/or retrieving them...at least on the beta you would get revealed when placing.

I hide after placing the traps (by hand not script) and your right i get revealed while picking them up or replacing the traps. Then i hide again. But i think where i am putting my hide sub is somehow messing up the script.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 03:02:53 PM »
timing is critical in teh script... it is very possible that it is screwing up the placements and how the script calcualtes last locations.  it sounds like it is trying to place in the same location as a last trap due to a mess up.  you can gain but it s slow gains at that skill level.  i still gain at 102

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 03:13:23 PM »
timing is critical in teh script... it is very possible that it is screwing up the placements and how the script calcualtes last locations.  it sounds like it is trying to place in the same location as a last trap due to a mess up.  you can gain but it s slow gains at that skill level.  i still gain at 102

Thanks Ill try different timing - still have not gained at 95 (but it has changed my stats)

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 10:15:30 PM »
Im getting an issue when I have placed a trap that did not bob but instead disappeared, the script seems to not releize that it is gone.  Its a nice script though makes Lobstering easier specially since they fixed the move around the box bug making you have to go out and get the real thing.

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 07:09:05 AM »
i am wondering if you have it in the same file as easy uo.  i'll make sure it is not an old version here

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »
Boy the timing on this script is really essential. It works great but i am finally giving up trying to add hiding. Great script.

Tags: