Author Topic: Back to UO  (Read 2195 times)

Offline norubzdubzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • norubzdubz has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Back to UO
« on: September 25, 2020, 12:27:37 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was recently persuaded to come back to UO after 10 years by my old college roomate.  I started playing around 2003 on Chesapeake.  My buddy and myself have been playing non stop since our return last month.  I am enjoying all the nostalgia and also slowly learning all the new changes.  We are also starting up characters on Atlantic since that seems to be the busiest shard.

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Back to UO
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 03:40:31 PM »
Welcome back to UO!
What do you think about the new server coming out?

I myself just recently came back to UO, literally last night! ??? ;D

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 07:21:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was recently persuaded to come back to UO after 10 years by my old college roomate.  I started playing around 2003 on Chesapeake.  My buddy and myself have been playing non stop since our return last month.  I am enjoying all the nostalgia and also slowly learning all the new changes.  We are also starting up characters on Atlantic since that seems to be the busiest shard.

A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.)

Offline norubzdubzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • norubzdubz has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 04:16:37 PM »
Some more info about myself  :)

I started playing when I was 16 years old just before the launch of Age of Shadows.  I was very reluctant at first.  A coworker at my first job would try to convince me to play during every shift I had with him.  After losing a bet on a Steelers game to him I had to download Ultima. I was immediately hooked.  I remember whenever I was hanging out with my girlfriend at the time, I would tell her that I was tired and was going home to go to bed. As soon as I got home however I would jump onto UO and stay up all night playing.

During my freshman year of college I had to take a break because Ultima was blocked on the internet at my Dorms.  The following year however, I moved into an apartment with my buddy who also played.  We would skip class just to play.  It was so much fun.  This went on until we graduated.

I lost the desire to play when I moved back home. Partially because my computer was having problems and my friends quit  playing.  Fast forward 10 years from then and I receive a text from my old room mate to come back to UO. Ive been binging with him ever since.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 05:32:09 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 10:31:38 PM »
 WELCOME!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 08:33:05 AM »
Welcome Back.

Offline Skoad

• Activity:
    0%
  • Skoad has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 11:08:26 AM »
This must be a popular week. I TOO have come back to UO after a 8 year break (my son was born at that time) and today is my first day back. Anyway, welcome back!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 02:57:03 PM »
This must be a popular week. I TOO have come back to UO after a 8 year break (my son was born at that time) and today is my first day back. Anyway, welcome back!

Now Skoad pops back up!  Talk about a blast from the past!  Welcome back.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Skoad

• Activity:
    0%
  • Skoad has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 07:41:33 PM »

Now Skoad pops back up!  Talk about a blast from the past!  Welcome back.

Haha. Not wanting to hijack this guys thread, but thanks! Its been a long time coming. UO has been calling my name for years and ive been dying to get back here. Just havnt had the time. Now im forcing myself to make it. Of course this was one of my first stops. I dont even think the game was done installing yet before I made it here.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 08:37:17 PM »
Oh that's right.  Welcome other guy.   :P
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: