Author Topic: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw FULL - The Ultimate Autolooter - Public Release!  (Read 583029 times)

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw LITE - The Ultimate Autolooter!
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2009, 01:30:51 AM »
sometimes you just need to think outside of the box :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2009, 04:17:02 AM »
Thanks again. No hang ups with script except for a couple of lost connections that only occured when I was recalling home lol.. which I think is a UO problem and not your script.

Thanks

I've found some recalls that will always crash, best to find some stable place (bank) that you can recall to without crashing. If you need to move stuff you can do it later on from the bank.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Dessin

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dessin has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »
So, I broke down and installed UO, Easy and CLAw on my home theater pc and.....it works great. But, I am still having the issue with CLAw on my laptop. So I thought I would point out what shows differently in EUO while I try running CLAw on both.

And, as we discussed, my issue seems to all revolve around the STR and/or STRRES variables. If I check the Result Variables on my laptop while the script is running, the STRRES result changes rapidly from 0 to N/A over and over. And, as we discussed, my script seems to be looping at the "SetupLoop1:" section. Also, of note, is that MENURES and RESULT both are blank.

On my home theater pc, however, STRRES is 0 only and MENURES bounces from between -1 and F2. The # RESULT variable bounces from -1 to N/A. I assume both of those are set somewhere after SetupLoop1: which would explain why mine remain blank.

I don't expect anyone to pop up with a fix for my issue from this and I don't want you guys wasting time on it. But I wanted to give you all the information I had just in case something like this comes up again.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2009, 08:10:17 AM »
Man, there just has to be something running on your laptop that's messing up EUO.  So I guess it comes down to comparing what processes are running on your system compared to your AV comp.  I guess try and ditch non-essential processes like virus scanning and make sure you are running EUO in an administrator account.  If you want, PM me your process list or a screenshot of it. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2009, 04:15:55 PM »
hijackthis will create a quick text file of your process's.

Scrripty

Re: Complete Looting Assistant (CLAw LITE) feedback thread
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2009, 09:13:54 AM »
Yea I've been doing some extensive testing with this script.  I must say I'm very impressed.  I've used Automagic a TON, and this script is a much more elegant and usefull solution to that script imho. :)  With the way I have your rules set up for me, I haven't missed one good item and I must have searched maybe 100 bodies to make absolutely sure...  It does a great job.  I'm going to take a stab at optimizing it a bit though, because if I had one complaint, its that with a lot of looting rules, it is pretty slow...  Not a huge complaint, but I loot in a dangerous fast spawn environment and with a lot of loot on a corpse, it can take up to 8 to 10 seconds to get everything.  That's a lot. :)  Very minor complaint tho. :)  Thanks a ton for your work on this.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »
Ya, you'll certainly have to be careful with looting speed in fast spawns and keep your rules list reasonable sized. However, think about how long it might take you to do it by hand.  So 8-10 seconds is pretty reasonable and can let you focus on the fight and less on the loot.

I've already optimized the crud out of it.  If you dive in and look at the code, you'll see what I'm talking about.  This looter is actually the next generation looter.  For those who used my last looter, you'll know this one is probably 5x faster.  I've pretty much squeeze as much performance out of EUO as I can.  You can certainly skip features to get performance, but it's the features that make this looter so cool.

There are a couple optimizations I've included in the FULL version of the CLAw, but that's reserved for the Elites here.  Those optimizations do shave a couple seconds off the loot time, especially if the corpse has a bunch of junk in it like regs, scrolls, etc.

Goto the "Stats" tab, and report the timing statistics for RET, RPC, AvgRPC and RPS so we can see how many rules per container(RPC) and what your rules per second (RPS) speeds are.  Also you'll see the rule evaluation time (RET)

One other thing is that your own CPU makes a big difference so if you have an older system, you might not get as much looting speed (points at _C2_)  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2009, 09:46:11 AM »
by the time it takes you to look at 1-2 items manual, the CLAw has already Evaluated and Looted the correct items.  so I'd say 8 seconds isn't to shabby.. actually.. you should be thankful its only 8 seconds... if you had more complicated search options it gets worse.... it probably takes me about a minute to go through a fully loaded Peerless corpse.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
However, thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully I'm not coming across as defensive.   ;)

I guess you might not know the back-story for the CLAw.  Really it was written because all the other feature-filled looters out there were just too darn slow (including my own).  So the reason it exists was an optimized attempt at writing a looter from the ground up with optimal speed in mind. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »
Goto the "Stats" tab, and report the timing statistics for RET, RPC, AvgRPC and RPS so we can see how many rules per container(RPC) and what your rules per second (RPS) speeds are.  Also you'll see the rule evaluation time (RET)

RET:  14.1ms.  RPC:  331 in 4.7sec.  AvgRPC:  352.  70 RPS (0-88) Avg: 77.  Avg time between loots: 47 seconds.  150k per hour. :) 

Like I said, great work.  Appreciate it.  Oh yea, 150k per hour.  That's mostly because I do what I'm doing the slow sure way.  I could do it MUCH faster, but 8-10 seconds between loots would interfere with it if I did.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2009, 10:17:31 AM »
If you see the RPC: 331 in 4.7sec, that's the actually evaluation time for the entire container.  The rest of the time is actually opening the container, and waiting for the container ID to become valid to be sure you don't start looting your #CHARID, beetle, or whatever.  (avoiding the Stripping Cerveza Syndrome) :p

Also you have to factor in drag/drop delays.  Still those are NOT a part of the 4.7 seconds.  You can certainly make those delays shorter, but then you'll run the risk of client crashes like alot of people have with the Automagic looter and my old looter.  Every drag/drop is 1.5 seconds.

OSI changed the way corpses and their IDs function.  At one time, the corpse ID and the container ID were the same and it made for easier looting.  However, with the new instanced corpses they actually have different IDs than their corpse packs, so it's slower to gather the necessary information and make sure that information is valid.  So for that delay you can blame OSI.  There is no such delay in RunUO, so it actually starts evaluating faster.

What are you farming for 150K/hr.  I know Miasma gives more than that from Cerveza's experiments.  Are you farming in the Labyrinth?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »

Scrripty

« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2009, 11:02:53 AM »
What are you farming for 150K/hr.  I know Miasma gives more than that from Cerveza's experiments.  Are you farming in the Labyrinth?

Yea I understand all that up in the post.  I use a very hacked together quick script that probly interferes and slows things down some.  Its not optimized at all really.  Just forced it to work with a few waits here and there to make sure it doesn't lock up the client while it works with a looter. :)  So far it just takes care of the dragon, honor's miasma/all kills/vets/remove curse, pathfinds to it... eventually I'll add a ton of options and make it a full featured auto resourcer, menu, selectable spells based on location, all that.  With permission add a call to your Claw probly.  Just doing it very slowly and making sure its stable as I go.  Tons of testing. :)  Eventually my idea is to make a FULL resourcer.  I mean ALL resources.  Recall here, stealth in, loot for specified time/or amount, stealth out, recall to another spot, get resources... so on and so forth.  Bank/get resources rinse repeat. I'm sure you have one, and if you don't you should with your obvious skill. hehe

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2009, 11:18:48 AM »
Sounds good, no need to ask to include the CLAw in your script, that's why I wrote it the way I did.  ;)

If you want to see how the interface works, you can take a look at the heartwood quester.

I started a script kinda like that a while ago, but it was going to be a monster and I decided to focus more on the individual pieces.

One thing I wrote in preparation for that kind of script was a programmable state engine and could actually have multiple different state engines within the same script.  I'm using it in my Zoo donator.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2009, 11:27:18 AM »
one other thing I would like to note about the CLAw (Correct me if I'm wrong) when it starts scanning for Possible entry's in the active loot list, it will scan from top to bottom until a Match is found. I dunno if it maters, but you might want to put your most looted stuff at the top. like Gold, Gems, Regs.

Tags: Looting TrailMyx