Author Topic: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw FULL - The Ultimate Autolooter - Public Release!  (Read 582380 times)

Offline gen2000

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gen2000 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw LITE - The Ultimate Autolooter!
« Reply #375 on: December 06, 2009, 07:52:30 AM »
+1
wow that's neat!

Scrripty

« Reply #376 on: December 06, 2009, 07:53:43 AM »
+1

Need help testing?  ;)
Initial speed testing shows I haven't really impacted looting speeds very much by adding this computation.  A container that takes 21.5 seconds takes just .8 seconds longer.  That's evaluating over a 1000 rules, so that's pretty good really.

TWENTY ONE . FIVE SECONDS?  I hope this is a crate in your house? haha

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #377 on: December 06, 2009, 07:56:23 AM »
+1

TWENTY ONE . FIVE SECONDS?  I hope this is a crate in your house? haha

Of course.  I think it was one of my containers of swords/jewels.  So lots of rules.  It's all about the rules/second.  Still no other looter out there that's faster (including BM).
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Dontrunmeover

• Activity:
    0%
  • Dontrunmeover has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 07, 2009, 12:16:08 PM »
+1
Just because I can, I ordered some faster memory for my system, I've been held back by cheaper ddr3.
I should be able to get another 500mhz out of my chip, and another.. hm at least 100mhz on the front side.

I'll post before and afters when I get it in.

Offline digitalphase

• Activity:
    0%
  • digitalphase has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2009, 06:11:54 AM »
+1
Eh, i got a newbie question. How do u speed the looting up? I have to wait about 5 sec for it to loot....

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 08, 2009, 06:19:55 AM »
+1
The more rules you have, the longer it is going to take to loot. The only way you can speed it up is to take rules out.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 08, 2009, 06:22:42 AM »
+1
You probably have some rules that might make it loot slower. Be a little more generic in your items list... don't be too specific.

Yes you'll pick up more undesirable stuff that you'll have to sort through later, but it will speed the entire process up considerably.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #382 on: December 08, 2009, 06:28:07 AM »
+1
Eh, i got a newbie question. How do u speed the looting up? I have to wait about 5 sec for it to loot....

The CLAw develops a looting table first before it starts the looting process.  So it evaluates the entire container.  That's just the way it works.  Sorry.

I found this was a little faster on average and also let you know when the looting was completely done.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:34:07 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gen2000

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 08, 2009, 07:05:37 AM »
+1

The CLAw develops a looting table first before it starts the looting process.  So it evaluates the entire container.  That's just the way it works.  Sorry.

I found this was a little faster on average and also let you know when the looting was completely done.

Does the "turbo" mode the in full version not speed that part up?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2009, 07:09:17 AM »
+1

The Turbo mode in the FULL version avoids even evaluating any of the "trash" loot like reagents, scrolls, gourds, etc.  It makes a great amount of difference when you are looting a body like a dark father where there great loot combined with junk.

What digitalphase is looking for is:
evaluate
loot
evaluate
loot
evaluate
loot

The way the CLAw works is:
evaluate
evaluate
evaluate
loot
loot
loot

The CLAw just functions differently than people are used to, so it does take a bit to get accustomed to.  Will I change it?  Nope.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:12:43 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 08, 2009, 07:17:19 AM »
+1
Ignoring items is the greatest speed increase ;)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline digitalphase

• Activity:
    0%
  • digitalphase has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2009, 07:19:49 AM »
+1
Tyvm!!! just one more newbie question, i got guard wacked cus the looter opened a corpse and took gold etc.... any way i can stop it from taking gold from a body that makes me into criminal?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:27 AM »
+1
Tyvm!!! just one more newbie question, i got guard wacked cus the looter opened a corpse and took gold etc.... any way i can stop it from taking gold from a body that makes me into criminal?

Not really.  The only thing I can think of is to turn on the criminal check or turn off automatic looting and use targeted looting.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gen2000

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 08, 2009, 07:36:03 AM »
+1

The Turbo mode in the FULL version avoids even evaluating any of the "trash" loot like reagents, scrolls, gourds, etc.  It makes a great amount of difference when you are looting a body like a dark father where there great loot combined with junk.

Oh ok, that's what my looter does. Never thought of eval/eval/eval/loot/loot/loot. I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #389 on: December 08, 2009, 07:44:28 AM »
+1

Oh ok, that's what my looter does. Never thought of eval/eval/eval/loot/loot/loot. I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference.

In the end, it makes no difference.  Looting takes the same amount of time.  But it does give a perceivable delay before drag/drop begins.  I guarantee the script is busy doing all kinds of magical things relevant to the looting experience.  ;)

Do you have your looter posted anywhere?  I don't really visit EUO much anymore.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: Looting TrailMyx