Author Topic: Why does my display randomly go CRAZY  (Read 12344 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Why does my display randomly go CRAZY
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 06:03:47 PM »
froze up again for like 40 seconds, and this poped up

Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding
The igzprd32 display driver has stopped working normally.  Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionally.  The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »
this is STILL happening...

can't figure it out.  it's happened about 20 times today which is insane.  I took out and reput in the motherboard.  Same with memory.  Tried different memory.  Removed everything but the primary harddrive so nothing else is running off the powersupply.  I unplugged, replugged everything, completely disassembled/reassembled the whole thing

any more ideas?  i'm about to trash this one.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 04:22:51 PM »
Sounds like you should just think about trashing it.  That kinda gets in the way of authoring cool scripts!  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 04:23:24 PM »
trash time!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »
I'm LOVING my new system based on the Phenom 6 core and 16 GB!  My raid 0 drive setup screams!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »
I don't want to trash it cause it's only 6 months old lol.  I've got another cpu "running" on a phenom quad, but the asus motherboard friend once, and the replacement started showing the same symptoms of the previous...  so I very RARELY use it.

But this is one of the reasons I stopped playing games lately.  This POS computer.  I don't see what could be wrong with it in this hardware monitor I downloaded.  I was just literally watching all the values on temperatures/voltages when it froze up (after posting that once post), and not one value looked odd by any means. 

I'm switched to a different powersupply, and undid all connections/memory and reseated everything AGAIN.  I replaced my cord from the wall to computer, etc...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »
froze again.

I'm starting to think its a display driver issue.

Right before I finally got it to shut down it poped up with error (posted this previously) "The igzprd32 display driver has stopped working normally.  Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionally.  The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.".

I'm pretty sure I have the correct display drivers.  But they make it so confusing.  I guess I'll redownload drivers and try again.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »
okay I installed the chipset drivers, audio, usb, graphics, hd graphics and whatever other drivers i forgot to type.  I got the motherboard model straight off the motherboard, searched up every single download they had for that motherboard for windows xp, and installed all of the latests.  lets see what happens.

Tags: