Author Topic: Long time UO player returning for some fun  (Read 973 times)

Offline maly997Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • maly997 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Long time UO player returning for some fun
« on: June 13, 2021, 02:23:23 PM »
Greetings all!  I'm new to the site here, but not new to scripting as such, as I've used EUO and have frequented there.  I first stared playing UO during the UO:R era (1999-ish, if memory serves), and have played on and off ever since.

I'm returning after a 10 year break because quite frankly, I love the 2d client of this game, and the variety in general that the game offers.  My only regret?  Not keeping my damned account active so I could use those 13 and 15 year mounts! ><

Anyway, as a parent of two, who has to support a household, my playing time is limited so I have to make the most of it, and sites like these make the end-game stuff attainable for someone like me thankfully.  I played WoW for a few years, EQ for about 5 years, and had an active SWG account until it shut down.

I greatly appreciate the time and effort folks put into making scripts for this game, and look forward to getting to know you all.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Long time UO player returning for some fun
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 04:27:56 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline maly997Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • maly997 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 05:25:21 AM »
Thank you all!

I have been learning a bit about scripts making mods for Baldur's Gate over the last couple of years, so I have a greater understanding of how these scripts work in UO as well, although at a very much novice level.  Hopefully I can get good enough to contribute :)

Tags: