Author Topic: Newb in for the slaughter  (Read 810 times)

Offline JimmyJoeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JimmyJoe has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Newb in for the slaughter
« on: June 17, 2021, 06:08:44 PM »
First, My name isn't Jimmy or Joe. I gotta stay on the down low so the cops don't catch me ya know!

Um, no. I'm not erasing that, I'm gonna leave that right there. SMH. At least I didn't make you suffer through any more of that!

I actually use to play UO back in the 90s maybe 6 months or so after launch on Catskills after a few friends showed me just how fun it was. UO, the best game ever.

Fast forward to today, an old fart with an idea to make a few things from the game to hang on the garage wall. I've always thought about making a shield and a weapon. Well, after searching around, I just couldn't find the pics that I was really looking for. I mean, I found enough to be able to make them but I think I just wanted to see them equipped. Well, since that failed, why not download the game right? Sure. A day later, and several rabbit trails later, I'm trying to figure out where to get UO Assist, UOAutomap, change this, adjust that, because that is definitely important to just grabbing some screen shots. I suppose since I've downloaded the game, both classic and enhanced, I need to build a character. Or two, eventually I'm sure. I mean, I'll definitely need to make a smith to make these items, no sense in just buying them. So I have a plan. Build a fighter type character, this has to be the least expensive option for a first character. (rhetorical, no need to correct me). Now, I'm going to level my skills and my stats! Do a little research, not my strong suit btw, and what do ya know. No UOAloop to be had. Well, none that looks to be legit by my highly trained eyes. I then stumble upon ScriptUO, there looks to be what I'm looking for! Nope, nope. You gotta give something to get something the page says. Hmmmmmph.

I use to play multiple accounts, Dex monkey, Smith, Tamer, Thief, Mage. Had many houses, small ones tho, never was able to get anything really big. Tower size was about the largest house I ever owned I think. Anyway I was the best. I mean I could really kick ass, PVE and PVP. Well, except for the times that I didn't, we won't ponder on those tho. Good thing I had a tailor to keep me in fresh undergarments after the reds showed up.

Oh, did I mention that I'm from Florida? like, native that is. Apparently that is a big deal to my customers who aren't. I don't see it but, they always act surprised with that answer after they ask me where I'm from. Oh, nobody cares about that tho.

After my friends left UO, we kinda split up, half went to EQ, the other half went to DAoC. DAoC, the best game ever! EQ was horrible and the worst game ever. I never played it. My main on DAoC was a pally. Wardok on Bedevere. Same thing there, Cleric, Mage, Theurgist, Infiltrator, Arms, Necro, Tailor, Smith.. I had a couple of accounts there as well. I was the best! Well, not in any particular list that is.

After that I played a few games, not in any particular order, Aion, GW2, Black Desert, there are more Im forgetting but don't forget, I was the best in those as well Im sure of it! They were the best!

Well, Seriously, UO was my favorite and I have come back to this game more times than I can count. As much as I like it tho, it will never be what it use to be, you know, the first time, the first game, a new different experience!

That's my intro, best that I've got. If anyone is around to read it and if you actually tortured yourself to get this far, well, Howdy, I'm Terry and it's nice to meet ya!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Newb in for the slaughter
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 09:16:19 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Newb in for the slaughter
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 10:58:57 PM »
Awesome intro and welcome to SUO!

Offline JimmyJoeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JimmyJoe has no influence.
  • Respect: 0