Author Topic: Champ Spawner  (Read 7404 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Champ Spawner
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »
Lots of action over in Tok with the ToT's...

I have 2 chars I've been using, I think this one will be a dedicated champer....

110 Magery (115 when I can get a scroll)
100 Med
100 Eval
105 Necro
100 Spirit Speak
100 Music
100 Peacemaking

With protection cast....

62/71/68/68/78 100 LRC, 52 LMC, 30 DCI, 23 SDI, 3 MR
(All spare parts I had laying around)

I'm actually thinking Eval might be a waste on this guy because the only attack spells I cast is E-Quake. Almost no direct damage spells at all. I might start using E-Bolt more though... I'll play and see how it goes.

Strategy?

Wither like a fool. Do an E-Quake to get stuff coming at you, then wither. Later on in the spawn, put up EV's and follow them around. EV behind them. Wither, wither and then wither. Get a horde minion up when the champs dead and pick up the gold :)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Champ Spawner
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:55:04 AM »
You could get away with dropping the Eval and using Mind Blast instead of E bolt....

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 05:59:04 AM »
That's kinda what I was thinking... but what single 100 point skill to put in there?

Spellweaving? At 100 I could put out some good bees and wildfires... and those defensive spells would help out when running around withering....

Hiding? Always nice to have on a char... run/hide/break target.

Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 08:55:41 AM »
I somewhat agree with dropping the eval but, on the other hand, I think you're going to find Wither less helpful starting at third level spawn and may want to switch to direct damage with a slayer spellbook at some point. I can see following around a couple of EV's but Lesser and regular Hiryu's eat them up. Meanwhile, MB is only giving you 30-40 damage each cast which isn't impacted by SDI. You're going to wither once and get hammered instantly unless your peace is perfectly timed (it's such a damn crowded spawn at points). In the meantime you can hit for 100+ depending on SDI with a Reptile or Dragon slayer spellbook and it takes only slightly longer to cast. Furthermore, in Wraith form, you will get more mana back than with MB (does MB even give you mana leech in Wraith? It might not at all).

You know, with mana leech on direct spell damage on top of mana leech on Wither you may be better off ditching the Med instead of the Eval anyhow.

If you do decide to drop the eval (or Med for that matter), I'd skip hiding, you're better off just using Invis. Hiding requires that you clear any aggro first and you aren't guaranteed success without being GM. That's a lot of points to use just to hide now and then. With Music/Peace on the template and if you drop Eval, you may want to consider adding provoke because you are going to need more offense then the template has without Eval; plus you get some more crowd control which comes in handy with the Tokuno spawn, especially with the pen trick.

I don't think SW will be worth much unless you can constantly roll with a 5 or 6, even then it seems like a lot of skill used up for very little return.

Hmmm, just a quick reply but you've definitely got me thinking...

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »
That's what I'm talking about, good stuff and good thinking.

I have 100 Eval on the char now, so I'm going to leave it there and see how much it's really used.

In the late spawns, I can follow the guys luring and hit a group of spawn for 30+ each... so each wither can be doing over 100 total points damage. I agree that the Hiryu's tear through ev's fairly fast, but EV's aren't subject to peace, they keep hitting away. I can wither like crazy behind it and peace it.

I agree completely about spellweaving. It'd be *nice* to have, but wouldn't really serve a good enough purpose. Hiding is kinda fun.... get 8 spaces away an pop off a guaranteed hide.

I had considered provo. Get two fighting each other then wither them both... but with 100 music and only 100 provo, I'll be spending too much time failing.

For now it'll be Eval. I have to keep med for when I'm popping EV's down.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 10:29:08 AM »
What about WoD on the champ?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
TBH the champ is what I think about the least when I do that spawn for ToT's, not sure how others feel. I'm better off taking out remaining spawn while everyone focuses on the champ. Killing the champ takes a few minutes depending on the shard and we get one chance at a ToT, meanwhile I can kill a half dozen Hiryu's in that time and get 6+ times the chances.

Just my thought.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »
Yep same here. I get enough damage on the champ to be in the running for any drops, then go whack all the left overs.

I'm just gonna leave it with Eval for now, and kind of watch the char. If it looks like I'm not using enough direct damage Mage spells, then I'll consider a change.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 04:32:17 AM »
Ran two spawns with this guy last night, Music/Peace not finished.

Got 3 mini's the first and 2 + Futon the second.

So far I haven't cast a single direct damage spell. It's all about the wither. When guys lure a string of spawn into the "killing field" I just stand by and wither away for 30-50 on like 10+ targets... that's like 400 points a pop. I'm getting at least partial credit for tons of kills.

I do get whacked from time to time though. Stuff retargets onto me. Now I have to decide if something else (parry?) might be helpful trained up to 100.

Parry - block some melee attacks
SpellWeaving - attunement and that point recovery, bees, wildfire
Hiding - i have peace so probably not necessary
??????

Suggestions?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 05:10:29 AM »
Hmmm, nice results.

I'm used to thinking about the peace/necro thing as if I'm solo, I have to think about this from the perspective of the Tokuno spawn specifically where there will always likely be a ton of people keeping aggro for you.

If you're not doing any direct damage spells and you are in Wraith form the entire time couldn't you dump both the Eval and Med? If you drop two EV's and start throwing wither's around I would think you would get all your mana back pretty quickly. This could leave the door open for some very interesting stuff as well as allowing you to bump up your damage modifiers.

120 SpiritSpeak
115 Magery
105 Necro
100 Music
100 Peace
100 Weaving
80 Parry

-or-

120 SpiritSpeak
115 Magery
110 Provoke
105 Necro
100 Music
100 Peace
70 Parry

Etc.

Interesting ideas. I have a newbie char I'll have to test with tonight to see how it goes with the wither/ev route and no med. This is an unfinished spawn griefing looting character only:

110 SS
110 Magery
105 Necro
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
76 Ninjitsu
6 Tracking

Nope, most of this will be of no help whatsoever in Tokuno LOL. Wonder if he'll do better than the newbie mage I've been running with that has not even completed training (I'm starting a new shard right now for the record, trying to do what I can with what I have):

115 Eval
115 Med
110 Resist Spells
110 Magery
100 Focus
81 Inscription
40 Wrestling

He just drops EV's and fires Ebolts with a Dragon slayer I picked up for 1k. Pulled about 11 ToT's in about three hours so far. Not an awesome haul but for a newbie char on a new shard with almost no equipment worth mentioning I would say that's not too shabby.

Hmm, interesting challenge - the minimalist approach, how few skills can we run with and still farm ToT's just as effectively LOL.

XII

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 05:38:05 AM »
LOL nekked spawners.

I do like the med, not all targets give a good leech back. And those EV's really suck that mana. It *might* be possible to run this type without it though. If I had 200 free points... hmmmm....

I just now thought about something that could change the game ROFL. Remember where you saw this first.

Don't Necros with a wolf have the ability to control a Bake? Time for me to get one or two bonded.

Drop the bakes on the edges of the spawn, round them up for the later part. Imagine two bakes (targetable) instead of two EV's, and at no skill cost. The only req would be having a wolf summoned.

I guess one would be perfect. Stable it when the champs at 50%, come back and get a horde minion to collect gold, bank and get out your bake.

Hmmmm.... this is interesting... maybe 200 points to play with and a bake in the mix.... that's why I like this game.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 04:06:39 PM »
Remember where you heard this first.

Bakes for the Tok Spawn.

Just say "all guard me" and go about your business. When you get targetted by something and don't notice it, your Bake is on it. And they are disposable LOL. You need like 80 taming + 80 lore to bond one. It'd probably be worth having a good one bonded for your necro... but I'm not going to take the time to set it up.

I'm going to stone off Eval and work up 100 Spellweaving. Give that a try.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 04:22:04 PM »
wow... so bake is based on necro?  as long has u summon a wolf.  this is bizzaree...hehe

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »
Yep, they are a pain to tame though... Even with my peace necro it was tough... but get one and gate it to the champ and it's as good as an EV, except you can command it (as long as you have a wolf up).

Just leave it lingering around the champ and reuse it, or get another one between spawns.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 05:25:05 AM »
Here's some more info on the Bake Kitsune Experiment.

Yes, you can tame them with 0 taming if you have a Dark Wolf familiar.

Yes, you can command them with 0 taming with the same familiar.

Yes, you can remove the familiar while you have the Bake, but if you issue commands, it will go wild.

So... what I did was tame one with my Dark Wolf familiar, told it to "all follow me" "all guard me". Now it's following and guarding me. I got rid of my wolf familiar and the Bake kept guarding me.

If you use them in the champ, they get swarmed by lower level spawn and die off. I'm thinking of having it wait by "the killing fields" and using it later in the spawn. Maybe even save it for attacking the champ.

Now - the template is working great, just finished up peace. I'm still not convinced that Eval is necessary on the char. I'm thinking of putting Spell Weaving in it's place.

Get an Arctic Ogre Lord + Bake... nice addition to a necro doing a champ :) . Use the hp replace spell while withering... drop down some wildfires...

Might have to stone off Eval and work up SW.

Tags: