Author Topic: Mage Template Kinda, need opinions...  (Read 4656 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Mage Template Kinda, need opinions...
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:42:03 PM »
Okay here is what I have so far, this is a purely pvm template, for farming peerless.

110 Magery
110 Eval
110 Med
110 Focus
110 Myst

Now I can add two more skills and I am trying to figure out what to add.  For doing some mobs, like travesty and or shimmer ect, fields can be very good, so I made a list of a few skills I am considering and the reasons why.

100 Poisoning
Deadly Poison Fields.

100 Alchemy
Greater Explosions, Conflags and Pot chugging

100 Wrestle
Defense and Disarm since I use scrappers.

100 Inscription
Bonus to spell dmg and self buffs like magic reflect.

Now, focus has been changed to effect dmg of myst spells, which imo is great because 100 focus and med makes mana regen awesome!  I was thinking spellweaving, but it kinda sucks and all I would use it for is charm and maybe some other small things.  But maybe adding that with poisoning or wrestle would make a big diggerence with AOL's.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline gooners

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • gooners has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Template Kinda, need opinions...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:01:01 AM »
I would probably go with wrestle m8 but i was speaking to someone who had wrestle at 100 and said it was no use, then put it up to 115 and likes it very much  ;D :P i think it would be better to be able to get a spell off while being mobbed so you could heal or something like that im not sure, i play a necro peacer so what do i know but hope that helps m8.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 08:11:03 AM »
100 Anatomy with your 110 Eval would give you the unarmed defensive equivalent of

( 110 + 100 + 20 ) / 2 = 115 Defensive skill

You don't get specials, buy you have a little room for healing ;)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »
If you are purely for PvM then Wrestling, Alchemy, and Poison are a waste on that template.

I would go Spellweaving and Inscription if you can fit them on the template with items. I know you said you feel SW is a waste but I disagree; again, this is for PvM not PvP. WoD still works wonderfully at the end of a peerless, especially if you are level 4 or 5. With your increased mana pool from the focus and high SDI on your suit this would put you in a great position for mass damage.

I don't know anything about the merits of Mysticism on a PvM mage though so I can't speak to that.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »
I agree with 12. However, if you like making explo pots then I assume alchemy would work well. If only they made explo pots with slayer properties :D.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 01:21:18 PM »
If it's purely for pvm consider running around in wraith form for the mana leech. You only need something like 20 necro for wraith form, then maybe go 50 SS for more leeching. I could be wrong on the SS number as I haven't fully tested it.

As 12x said though, if for pvm, I recommend spellweaving.

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »
I agree with 12. However, if you like making explo pots then I assume alchemy would work well. If only they made explo pots with slayer properties :D.

Dont ever say that again where anyone can see or I'll personally come to your house. :) hehe  THIS GAME IS MESSED UP ENOUGH WITHOUT THAT.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 08:06:55 AM »

Dont ever say that again where anyone can see or I'll personally come to your house. :) hehe  THIS GAME IS MESSED UP ENOUGH WITHOUT THAT.

lol. You know if enough people favor it the devs will put it in. haha Actually...thats kinda sad.  :'(

Tags: