Author Topic: Budget Sampire  (Read 9676 times)

Offline BadManiacTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BadManiac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Budget Sampire
« on: July 18, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
For shits and giggles I want to make a budget Sampire. Something a new player could make within a human lifetime.
So I'd like some suggestions for the template. Stats, skills and gear.
Our goal is to solo Miasma.

Skills are max 110, since 110's are easily affordable by anyone.
Gear will be crafted and/or martys only, so no vet rewards, Rune Beetle Carpace or other major artys.

Go nuts! :)

RESULTS (so far):

Suit:
Heart of the lion
Fey legs
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:13:18 PM by BadManiac »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Budget Sampire
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »
Great idea.  Keep "BUDGET" in mind.  Not all of us lil'folk have "money fights" with bags of 1 zillion gold a toss.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »
I have always wanted to do this.  Great Idea BM.  This is a wonderful idea for those just learning to do somethings against champs and that want to learn or someone starting new on a shard.  Great Idea and man what a great thought.

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »
All 70's suit, soul seeker, any tali, and my Sammy/Whammy script.  Done.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »
Can I use an advanced char token?   8)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 04:16:01 PM »
Hmmm, great idea. I'm all about the cheap builds. My favorite is the Necro/Mage. At 110's you are *very* capable.

The ONE thing I see that will suffer with the suit is not being able to use Mace & Shield Glasses. Having HLD on an item (with awesome resists) is a HUGE advantage for the Samp build.

Since you want cheap gear, you'll have to pick up your HLD on your weapon. The only way you can build up your DI is on your weapon and jewelry. That's a limitation....

*Oh and I'd suggest going Macing. You can make decent black staffs fairly cheap, and you can get a 120 Macing scroll for the same price as a 110 Swords. You lose out on Soulseeker though...

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 05:59:38 PM »
Lot of words but lets start listing some build ideas even if it is only a part of the suit

How about

Marties
Heart of lion
Fey leggings

Anything else to add or take way?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 06:10:33 PM »
I'm thinking Swords for Soulseeker, plus swords has the largest variety of weapons really.

Going Elf so you can use heartwood enhanced woodland armor? Other ideas for cheap armor? Heart of the Lion. Elf wearable Fey Leggings are a marty, human Fey Legs are a major arty and cost much more.

Brightsight lenses? MR3, good fire resist to counter vampire form.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:14:31 PM by BadManiac »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 12:08:45 AM »
Ok let's keep this rolling, something to do until EUO gets updated ;)

* What are required mods on a sampire suit? What's the stuff you can't survive without on your armor, weapon or any part of your gear?
* And what are the mods that are nice to have but not entirely critical?
Just trying to get ideas for putting together a cheap-ish suit.

Here are mine to start it off:
* 60+ All resists with 70 physical a must since most monsters hit phys.
* DCI, nice to have, but is it critical?

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 07:51:51 AM »
For a sampire, it's all about hitting/damage/mana.  So hit chance max, and lower defense are mandatory.  As high as possible for both.  Stamina and stamina increase.  Then it's defense chance after that.  Then hit points probly would be next.  If you plan on doing a ton of specials, mana leech and mana increase.  That would probly be my order of importance.  And all 70's.

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 07:55:51 AM »
for survivability, ESPECIALLY with low end powerscrolls, HLA and DCI are probably very critical.
One of the key factors early on in sampire evolution was durability over damage.

Would it be better to go whammy? Less need for phys, which may free up a couple armor attribute slots. Lower overall skill requirement. Call it 40 necro, rest into SS? focus on SS for jewels?

Low end must be elf to start.
Heart of lion, elf leggings, ancient sammy helm, quiver of infinity = 55 DCI dirt cheap on suit  

armor with at least these stats
7 Mana increase (cheap w/o ingredient)
7 stam increase (cheap w/o ingredient)
woodland armor with HCI

Jewels with
DI
Fire
HCI
Necro / SS
Dex or int

Now our budget guy is at 15 HCI , +21 stam, +21 mana, 50 DCI.

Weapon is hard, but
50 HLD
50 HLA
40 DI
max mana & life leech
all cheap and easy to imbue near max.

In wraith form, with double mana leech, can depend on divine fury for stam refresh and 10% SSI / 10% DI / 10% HCI, PLUS our DCI offsets loss.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »
Whammy

Plus - Easier to get armor, no need for super high fire resist. Mana usually never and issue.

Minus - Movement is SLOOOOOOW. Lose damage reduction from armored swampy. Not resistant to magic.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 08:25:55 AM »
wait a min.
how about gargoyle? since we are budget, they get that great DI and HCI boost. PLUS they get higher end cap on HCI.
but you lose out on some of the marties.
Fly to hunt spot, then transform.
Hopefully a budget whammy will realize they are designed to camp one spot, like thrasher or miasma, and not a general spawn subduer.

I personally would recommend thrasher in felluca. @ 80 leather per, you have a good resource flow as well as good cash and items and marties. As well, they will max honor and karma faster. Use honor to get to spawn spots, and for escape?

Also, I have noticed that Gargoyle armor gets MUCH higher average resists, so you will have all 3 pieces with 5 open slots, at LEAST.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:28:04 AM by baldielocks »

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 08:32:48 AM »
Hit lower attack is not more important than hit chance/lower d/defense.  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:37:37 AM by Scripty »

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 08:33:55 AM »
in retrospect, I would have to agree Twinkle McNugget.  :-[