Author Topic: What to use 40 points on?  (Read 7502 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
What to use 40 points on?
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:04:04 AM »
My spawn protector has 40 points I can use... where do I put it?

120 Disco (90 + jewelry)
120 Music
120 Magery (90 + jewelry)
100 Hiding
100 Meditation
100 Tracking
85 Stealth (80 + cloak)

I'm left with 40 free points. The reason is the changes they made to detecting. I had 100 Detect and 40 Tracking on the char, but since it's a blue and I can't detect any other blues, it was useless to keep.

Suggestions?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: What to use 40 points on?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »
anychance that 40 points in ninjitsu gets u into a useful animal form?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:22:50 PM »
Yeah, thinkin 90 Med and 50 Ninjitsu so I can use smoke bombs.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:28:27 PM »
Yeah that or focus.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »
Just a quick question (shows his ignorance) is 100 tracking better than 20 or 40 or 60 or 80?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »
bigger screen, never fail....

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »
why not go with spell weaving. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 03:22:14 AM »
I thought about that... char will be pretty much useless for attacking. I can toss out EV's which would be better then bees. Protecting him during a raid would be first option.

50 ninja for smoke bombs seems best defense for him.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 05:07:55 AM »
When I saw the post, I became a little intrigued and decided to run a few numbers through my sheets.

I'm not sure what you already have for your suit, or what options that you have.  But the first thing that jumped out to me was possibly using the Cloak of Silence (+10 Stealth) instead of the Oak Leaf.  Also the Royal Investigator Cloak/Cape that gives +20 Stealth could free up even more room for you to toy with skill points.  65 open points to be exact.

Then I moved on and started playing with other item/jewelry combinations.  Don't know if you want 2/6 casting, SDI, or other options in the build.  If you have access to faction artifacts on this character, the Crystalline Ring would make it extremely easy to hit 2/6 while adding 3 MR and the 20 SDI.  Well, not to get too far off topic here...but here's what I discovered. :)

120 Discord (105+15 Bracelet)
120 Music
120 Magery (80+20 Ring, +15 Bracelet, +5 Talisman)
100 Hiding
100 Meditation
100 Tracking
85 Stealth (55+10 Robe, +20 Cloak)
(20 Focus)- Useless if you're Human..

2/6 Casting, 15 EP, 20 SDI, and 3 MR so far.  And you haven't even touched the actual suit yet. 

Anyhow, I won't bore you any longer with my rambling. :D  Suits and template builds are my UO passion..

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 06:26:53 AM »
Not bored at all, that's what I do too... crunch numbers.

I will NOT be factions. Kinda the point. We get blue faction guys who raid and won't take counts, so my protector will be a blue, non-faction char.

The stealth cloaks would be awesome and I may consider one, if I can get it at a decent price. Right now I get the +5's left and right, so that's what I'm using.

Part of the initial build was so I didn't have to work Discord for weeks trying to 120 it. I got it to 90 in about a day and go with +30 Jewelry. I'm not concerned with FC/FCR at all. The char is designed to hide/stealth, protect at champs and discord. I use it as a follower who discords targets and heals my sampire also.

Suit is around 65's across the board with about 16 Mana Regen on it. I carry a boomstick and a MR shield.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 06:33:02 AM »
Good stuff there MeWonUO!

Question Cerv - why 120 Magery on that character? It seems like that template is using Magery for nothing more than as a "utility" skill. There's nothing I can think of that you're doing that would benefit by 120 Magery without Eval unless you are dumping EV's during earlier spawn levels and don't want to fizzle as much (which is also the only reason I can see that you would need Meditation on that character). But that's a lot of skill points to waste just to do that.

Personally I would put the jewelry points into something else, maybe keep only 10 on Magery to round it off at 100 so you can still get a Res off when needed and have a reliable Gate Travel. You would use Mindblast to keep it's Justice up and that takes much less than 100.

If the character's primary uses are, in order:

a) Protect for scrolls
b) Disco champs
c) Assist in finding stealthed enemies
d) Assist in early level spawn killing

Trade your Med for Spirit Speak, drop your Magery down to 100, and put enough into Necro to reliably go into Wraith Form; stealthing around in Wraith form during a spawn is much nicer and you'll have the ability to Wither-kill spawn and chokepoints rather than wasting time with EV's. Then squeeze 50 Ninja in there which shouldn't be too difficult with all of the points you're saving.

This is also a great "griefing" template, similar to one of my favorite griefer templates actually (minus the music and Disco, add a couple other things).

Anyhoo...back to work for me!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 06:41:21 AM »
e) Healing support for Sampires.

That's a good point about the magery. One side job for this guy is following around my Sampire and discording whatever attacks/or is attacked by him, then doing the healing duties. The amount of damage healed casting heals (greater and lesser) is dependent on Magery only, so I want the most points possible when healing my Sampires.

It's nice to not fizzle the EV's also. I can't rez my mains because of the "beneficial acts".

I thought about just going Necro with the 40 points for wraith form. That way I wouldn't reveal if I walk through someone, and the char would be a little harder to spot. I don't think I could squeeze the Spirit Speak in though... I need the Med for the healing spam for his part time job.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:43:26 AM by Cerveza »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 06:58:44 AM »
How about getting rid of the boom stick and picking up a +15 mage book (think you can find either undead slayer or normal).

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 07:18:25 AM »
That's not a bad idea, if I could get some MR out of it... or not... heh... might be worth trading the Boomsticks MR for 15 skill points. I'll have to look at it a little more.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 07:32:06 AM »
1.) I really need to try your healer bot to see how it functions.  Would be nice to have a little support when dealing with upper level bosses 1v1 or 2 in your case.

Second, I must admit ahead of time that I do not know much of anything regarding the inner workings of doing champ spawns where pvp is also a factor. But still working with your ideas here.

Is your character human?  Use potions?  Would there be any benefit to having both the ability to use wraith form and ninjitsu for smoke bombs?  

I've found a simple way here to have everything stated above, but also allow you to fit 30 necro (cast wraith off a scroll?) and 50 ninjitsu for bombs.  If that is something that could be desired in your build??

Tags: