Author Topic: Gargoyle Armor  (Read 10802 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Gargoyle Armor
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:08:58 AM »
I'm converting my tamer over to gargoyle and need some recommendations for his suit.

I'm really not that up on the garg stuff and what can be converted.

I want to maintain 4/6 casting, so Orny and 1/3 Ring are mandatory. I'll get the other FC from the weapon.

No shield. I want to use pots.

Ideal armor would be 70/75/70/75/70, 40 LMC, 45 HCI, 45 DCI, HPI, MI, MR

Damage is not needed either.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: Gargoyle Armor
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15:38 AM »
I forgot to mention a couple things....

SSI would be a nice addition to the suit. Mana, stamina and hit increase are also welcomed.

Cheaper is better, in other words a Lavalier would be nice, but not really practical.

The char is a tamer type, more for PvP and will have 120 Throwing w/90 Tactics for dismounting... OR maybe not have either and do strictly bola  :-\
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »
Okay, you got me.. I'll bite.  Been working on a new mage suit most of the morning, and It's driving me crazy.. This sounds like more fun.

One thing that I'd like to know is whether or not HCI has any use when throwing a bola if you happen to know?  Not needing HCI if you go the bola route would free up a lot of space on the build.  Not to mention you wouldn't need SSI if you go away from throwing/tactics.

Also will you have access to faction artifacts, berserker breastplate, or any of the other gargoyle artifacts?

Generally, gargoyle armor is extremely easy to do in my experiences.  And can be done quite inexpensively depending on what pieces you want or have to work around.   

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:46:06 AM »
Good point on the HCI... I haven't decided on throwing or bola. For now lets assume bola.

Faction gear is OK, but I'd rather build without it. Sometimes it's difficult to maintain points when there's no oranges to kill.

No real access to artifacts.... I'll go cheap first with mostly imbued stuff, then I can add in artifacts and revamp the suit later on. I have an Orny for the char already.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »
Okay great.  Working from a clean slate normally makes things run pretty easily in my plethora of sheets.

I'll run a few numbers and see what I come up with.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:04:47 AM »
I don't know if I can get 45 HCI on armor alone, if not then I'll put 25 on the weapon.

FC 1
25 HCI

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »
I have pulled HCI out of the equation for now since you mentioned that we would be assuming bola for the time being. 

If you decide to go the throwing route, should still be able to get to 45 HCI with a couple minor adjustments from what I'm looking at.

The one issue that I'm seeing at the moment, is DCI (that pesky orny).  If you were to use the faction Folded Steel Glasses, it would be simple to get to and above 45.  I'm not sure if the fey leggings are alterable, and I can't find a pair to try it with.

Edit:  Will you have an altered Crimson or Tangle at your disposal?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:32:14 AM by MeWonUo »

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »
I have folded steel glasses available. I can get a Crimmy easier then a Tangle.

I've been tossing around some ideas as well.... I'm going to have to settle on a template before I'm finalized on the armor.

Off to post template stuff LOL.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »
Well, with that info it looks pretty easy to get all that had asked for, and more.

Here is what I've got:

Resists will be easy to max out with gargoyle armor..

40 LMC
41 MI
13 MR
35 HPI
40 DCI (The tangle will put you at 45) +10 more if you use the faction glasses.
4/6 Casting (Ring-1/3, 15 DCI, and 130 imbuing weight still open for more goodies.. EP? Stat? HCI..)
3 HPR
And some other odds and ends floating around.

As always, faction makes things even easier.  But you are right, it can me a major pain to keep your rank up.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »
That's looking really good so far. How is the 4/6? If I throw bolas, I can use a shield instead of weapon to take advantage of some gargoyle shield stuff. It is just one hand free for bolas?

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »
Umm..wow..

With all the bola talk I completely forgot about the shield being a part of the possibilities.  Yes, need one free hand and to be on foot to use a bola.  Used to have a bushido, parry mage that I used them with.

With that added in, you can put FC1 on the shield to get to 4/6.  Also, 15 DCI which would put you at 55 without the tangle.  People shoot for 70 DCI nowadays (I believe it is, right?) to combat the effects of HLD.

I need to check to see if wooden shields are alterable.  That could allow you to squeeze 2 more HPR in there as well. 

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
Yeah I have 70 on my Necro/Mage. It offsets the -25 for HLD.

Are there any slick Garg shields already? The FC1 would be mandatory, the DCI not as much cause I'd be happy at 45.

Can shields be disarmed?

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »
Actually, there is a very very nice shield that would work very well for your build.  The Sign of Order.

Sign of Order
Weight: 7 Stones
Gargoyles Only
+10 Chivalry
Hit Chance Increase 5%
Defense Chance Increase 10%
Faster Casting 1
Faster Cast Recovery 1
Physical Resist 1%
Cold Resist 5%
Poison Resist 5%
Strength Requirement 95
Durability: 255 / 255

Drooling yet?? :D

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »
Hmmm... I may have that one. Is it a kind of small dark reddish, round one? That would save 1 imbue on my ring also!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »
The red one is the Sign of Chaos.  This one is a very light hue with a dragonish looking design on it.  Here's a link with a picture:

http://www.uoguide.com/Sign_of_Order

It would leave you 170 free imbuing weight on your ring after 1/2 and 15 DCI.  Or even more if you decide to just run with 45 DCI.  Lots of possibilities are opening up.

Tags: