Author Topic: Gargoyle Armor  (Read 10804 times)

Scrripty

Re: Gargoyle Armor
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »
When you prep a bola, you disarm your shield and your weapon.  You can REARM right after, and hold the bola prepped while you are armed, but the second you DROP the bola, it disarms you again of your weapon and your shield.  Then you have to rearm again.  It's more annoying than anything else.  It doesn't really hurt you if you know about it and deal with it.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
Ah so hands empty to prep and again to throw. I was thinking it was like a potion with only one free hand needed.

What about hit chance?

Thanks for the link, I'll check it later (blocked). I'll have to find one of those....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:31 AM »
Ok, decided to go with the thrower, so will be needing HCI on the suit for sure.

120.0   Throwing
100.0   Tactics
100.0   Anatomy
85.0   Healing
110.0   Taming
110.0   Lore
105.0   Chivalry

I'll use that Sign of Order shield for the Chiv +10 and FC to get to 4/6 casting.

Now I need to start putting together the armor....

MeWonUo - want to start compiling some numbers ;)
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
One problem you will run into beyond super fast.

In order to throw with a shield, you have to have parry, BUT you can't actually parry with said shield, it just lets you equip it.

Isn't that nice :)

Did the dev's just bend throwing over and say we were going to make you cool, but now were going to make you a worthless POS
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »
Oh man, so Parry is mandatory to allow you to throw while using a shield?

Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

I *could* go with fc1 on the weapon and ignore the shield completely I guess... Then the ring has to go 1/3 as well.... bah.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »
But of course I don't mind running the numbers. :D  Favorite thing to do.

If I remember correctly, holding a shield does come with a penalty to both your HCI and DCI as a thrower, though I am not exactly sure what those penalties are.  I'll see if I can't find documentation as to what that is.  Could still be possible to overclock the HCI and DCI to combat the penalty. Will know when I figure out what we're working with.

I'll see what I can figure out.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 06:28:59 PM »
I equipped a shield while fighting navrey last night, went from landing 80-90% of my shots to landing 10% of my shots.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
And I haven't found anything that gives exact numbers as to what the penalty is.

No worries though, I can run the suit without a shield.  Should still be able to get almost everything in there that you were asking for.

I'll start working on it as soon as the event on my shard is over. :)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »
Okay Cerveza. :)

Here's what I've come up with for this suit.

First off, I've left 5 imbuing slots open on the suit itself to allow for resists to be added to round the numbers out.  I always start by spreading the base resists evenly across the categories so it's easier to balance things as you craft the base items with whatever leather you want/need. 

Without imbuing any resists to this point, or adding in the bonus for leather type, it sits like this:

66/56/56/56/71

4/6 Casting
40 LMC
14 MR
40 MI
35 HPI
45 DCI
45 HCI
8 SI - Might use any left over imbuing slots here?
8 Strength
5 Dex

More than likely, horned leather is going to be the best choice across the board.  The 44 resists that horned will ad, should free up 2, if not 3 more slots for any other goodies you'd like to add or buff.

I can give you the breakdown if you'd like to see it.

Good times!

Edit:  Sorry, something struck me after I posted.  Make that 6 Imbuing slots left open.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:59:01 AM by MeWonUo »

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 02:39:27 AM »
Considered using Night Eyes for head piece? 3 FCR, 10 DCI, 10 across all resists - only 10 less physical than the Folded Steel Glasses :)

Tags: