Author Topic: My Faction Archer  (Read 7492 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
My Faction Archer
« on: February 11, 2011, 06:48:04 AM »
Is done, just putting together the suit now.

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Resist
110 Ninjitsu
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
60 Chivalry

Mace and Shield Glasses
Faction Heart of the Lion
Faction Stormgrip
Imbued Gorget 10/19/13/17/13, LMC 8, MI 7, MR 2
Imbued Leggings 6/14/10/18/10, LMC 8, MR 2, HPI 4, SI 7
Imbued Sleeves 4/13/8/12/9, LMC 8, MI 7, MR 2, HPI 5, SI 6
Robe - Nothing yet, eventually Conjurer's
Cloak - Quiver of Infinity
Ring/Bracelet - LMC 8, Dex 8, HCI 14, DCI 10, DI 20
Sash - DCI 5
Conjurer's Trinket
Faction Crimmy

Totals should be at 70/75/70/75/75, LMC 40, Int 8, MI 14, MR 6, Str 11, HPI 19, HPR 4, Dex 31, SI 13, HCI 48, DCI 45, DI 100

I'll go with 119 Dex so the 31 bonus will take me to max 150. I'll have around 110 Strength (121) and 26 Int (34). With the additional 14 Mana and the Elf bonus I should be ok with Mana, if it's a little low then I'll reduce Strength back to 100 (111) and boost the Int.

I know I could have built this without the HotL so I'd have one more imbue slot, but it's pretty much impossible to be corpse proof doing it that way. 80 resist and 15 dci is pretty hard to pass up. It makes the rest of the resists very easy to attain and really helps out for DCI.

*Oh weapons are going to all be about the same...

DI
Balanced
SSI
Velocity
Fireball/Lightning

Lightning on the moving and para shot bows, Fireball on the others. SSI will be 25 or 30 depending on the bow, then hit with ash.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:54:42 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My Faction Archer
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:57 AM »
Looks pretty solid.

Since you are going to be an elf, could always use enhanced heartwood pieces for either the 10 DI or 5HCI mods to let to pump even more into the suit.  Could quite easily get to the 40 LMC threshold as well as add some more intel bonus.

I would swap the Trinket out for the faction Primer though personally.  Someone that's smart will have a field day on you if you're wearing a trinket. :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 07:17:51 AM »
I'll see about a faction Primer when I get rolling. The other items are rank 4 max, which should be really easy to maintain. Depending on the faction action a L7 might be a little difficult.

I'll keep working on suit items, this was a quick n dirty to get the char up and running. HCI or DI on armor is awesome but expensive. I see it as about the same really... You have to imbue Mage Armor on them which takes away one imbue slot, then, after you have spent all your resources on the item, you enhance it and hope for HCI or DI instead of Mage Armor (yes, you can get Mage Armor on a piece that already has it effectively making the enhance bonus attribute useless).
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:39:50 AM »
Well for being quick and dirty, it's an awful nice setup.  No question about that.

Woodland pieces can be an absolute pain in the rear, and costly to get what you want.  But I've found that 8 MR on a non medable suit is effectively the same regeneration rate as 6 MR on a medable one.  Just food for thought I suppose if you decide to rework the suit in the future. 

I've been toying around a lot with the DI mana phasing orbs here this morning.  Some pretty incredible things you can do with them now too.

Offline Coolface

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Coolface has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 08:05:11 AM »
woodlands are easy just make bods to get hammers and mine to get perfect emeralds easy way to get relics + u get much higher resist per piece this way. For starters u can make first hwood pieces and imbue them with 4mods +hci or di and then when u get better ones just swap them.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 08:19:19 AM »
I'm not sure I understand your process Coolface?

Ingred's aren't cheap, nor easy. It's a shame to waste them on armor pieces you won't ever use.

The process, as I understand it, is to craft the woodland piece you want from normal boards. Imbue the resists and attributes you want on each piece, then enhance them with heartwood for the random added property.

If you use the new "never fail tool" you will be ensured of enhancing it, but you won't be ensured of getting the random property you want. HCI and DI are the two that most people are trying for.

One point that I was making is that I like medable armor. If I use woodland pieces then I have to use one imbue slot on each piece for Mage Armor. Not only does that take away one imbue slot per armor piece, but you have a possibility of enhancing that piece with Heartwood and actually getting Mage Armor which would be a complete waste.

So back to my setup... *IF* I were to change the 3 pieces of imbued armor over to Woodland, I would lose one imbue slot each (Mage Armor) and spend a LOT. What would I gain? 15 HCI? That would mean 1 extra imbue on jewelry... I'd probably get enhanced pots. Or I could get 30 DI which would really add only 1 extra imbue slot on jewelry as well....

So all that cost for enhanced potions.... nah, I'm passing. It would be nice, but just not worth it.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »
I like it... 

I have been tinkering around making rangers short bows (+5 SSI).  Thinking some with 45SSI would be cool if I can make them with low end runics...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »
I think 45 might be overkill depending on what your stamina is...

If you can maintain 120 stamina then 35 ssi will give you 1.25 shots.

That and that extra 5 won't help will it? You make a ranger's with 5 ssi, then you imbue it, you still can only go to 30 right?

The trick was to make them with regular wood and runic tools in the hopes of getting a decent one with 35, then hit it with ash for the 45.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:57:16 AM by Cerveza »

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »
Just a thought but 1 more dex would shave 1 sec off your bandage healing.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
Just a thought but 1 more dex would shave 1 sec off your bandage healing.

I think it's already at 150 (cap). I'll have 119 and 31 in items = 150.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »
Is my math wrong? (not being ironic, it often is...)

3-1.25= 1.75
1.75/.25= 7
7 * 30 = 210

If you are running with 150 stam, my math says you pull a 3 second bow at 1.75

I was thinking with a 45 SSI bow 180 combined stam/ssi might be reasonable as you only have to get to 135 before the bow.  Would get you to 1.5 second shots, is pretty freaking fast with a short bow.

I just built some archers at 115 base dex. Adding three armor pieces at +8 Stam gets me to 139. I add a CC for another 10 to give me 149 before the bow and I am sitting at 194, within striking distance of the next step...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »
Those are magical shortbows?

3 second weapon...

180 stam + 5 SSI = 1.25
150 stam + 20 SSI = 1.25
120 stam + 35 SSI = 1.25

There's really no need for 45 on that bow...

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
Personally I would drop Chivalry completely, take Ninjitsu down to 80, Tactics down to 90 and take Fencing to 120 so your special moves cost 5 less mana, and you'll be able to disarm/bleed people. Also 80 Ninjitsu should be enough for you to get into llama form most of the time :) Just something to think about.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 03:36:11 AM »
That's a great template, but I'll be in group fights almost exclusively. My role will be mortal, para and dismount.

Scrripty

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 09:46:33 AM »
Disarm gets kills.  Especially in group fights.  There's times when a guy can't br brought down UNTIL he's disarmed... heh

Tags: