Author Topic: The Crystal Porter For Both Classic and Enhanced Clients  (Read 20772 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
The Crystal Porter For Both Classic and Enhanced Clients
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »
The Crystal Porter

or Crystal Portal Helper

The Crystal Porter is a helper program I wrote that allows you to use the Crystal Portal
and Corrupted Crystal Porter veteran rewards without having to remember or
look up the spellings of the locations. It is a small Visual Basic Program that only
sends text and an enter to the client. It does not interact with the data stream in
any way.

THIS PROGRAM IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY BY THE FOLK THAT RUN UO - SO USE AT YOUR
OWN RISK. However, since it is like a host of other UO helper programs it is unlikely that
anyone will care.

The program is small (less than 33k) and should take little to no machine resources. I keep it minimized as i play until i need it and then alt tab to bring it up. When you start the program a form will appear that is simple and straight forward (see below).

This is now the first non-beta release version (6.1) - I have tested it on several windows operating systems with no problems. (vista and windows 7 will probably require that you run it as an administrator).

It should only require netframework 2 to run, so if you can run UO Cartographer you should have no problems running the Crystal Porter.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

This program is copyright, but freeware. It may not be posted on other web sites without my permission.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

This Version Is For The Classic Client The Next Post Has the Enhanced Client version.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Crystal Porter.jpg
CrystalPorter For The Classic Client.zip
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:28:54 PM by gimlet »

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystal Porter
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
The Crystal Porter
Ver 6.1 For The Enhanced Client

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
CrystalPorter EC.zip
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:04:29 PM by gimlet »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:04:51 AM »
I'm assuming this won't work with the EC Client?

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:25:56 AM »
Damn you... you took my idea!  Nice work. :)  I was just going to write a script to do this same thing tho.  heh

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »

You know - i have no clue - i have never run the enhanced client.
Please let us know.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »
Damn you... you took my idea!  Nice work. :)  I was just going to write a script to do this same thing tho.  heh

Actually check this thread out - it's where i started. But i wanted a none script program so I wrote it stand alone.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=6441.0

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »

I went back and rewrote the code so it works with the enhance client. Had to put a second version as i was to lazy to write the code to have the program determine which you were using.

Enjoy

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »
Huzzah! 8)

Yay for Gimelt! Boo for the Naysayers!

+1 Karma for Gimlet! ;)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 09:56:41 PM »
Okay tested it out after downloading Netframework 4 and got it working.

The crystal portal is even more elaborate than I had imagined. The Crystal Porter would go over real well in the Enhanced Client Forum over at Stratics.

"The Crystal Porter now available only at ScriptUO!"

Seriously the guys over there would love it. You get accolades for sure.

I am having to double click the "Go" button in order to get it to shout the commands because in the EC Client you have to hit enter prior to talking/entering in text.

I also noticed that Labyrinth is spelled Labrynth. I'm not sure if this is an oversight on one of the Dev's part. It's a fantasy world and they can spell it anyway they choose but my impression was that the correct spelling is Labyrinth.

This is awesome for sure Gimlet! Thanks a million!

I hope others find out about it and are able to use it! 8)

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 12:26:53 AM »
Very nice :D
I understand that you state this is a copywrited program, however will there be a source code released for it? I'm pretty new to programming as a whole, and have been thinking of starting with VB, I would love to see how something like this is created. It would provide near infinite knowledge. ^^

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 12:58:57 PM »
Okay tested it out after downloading Netframework 4 and got it working.

The crystal portal is even more elaborate than I had imagined. The Crystal Porter would go over real well in the Enhanced Client Forum over at Stratics.

"The Crystal Porter now available only at ScriptUO!"

Seriously the guys over there would love it. You get accolades for sure.

I am having to double click the "Go" button in order to get it to shout the commands because in the EC Client you have to hit enter prior to talking/entering in text.

I also noticed that Labyrinth is spelled Labrynth. I'm not sure if this is an oversight on one of the Dev's part. It's a fantasy world and they can spell it anyway they choose but my impression was that the correct spelling is Labyrinth.

This is awesome for sure Gimlet! Thanks a million!

I hope others find out about it and are able to use it! 8)

I did not know that - i'll get a fix

Yea - I couldnt get it to work with the correct spelling. Then I found out on one of the web sites they misspelled it.  I hope to add any new spots as they add them

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »
I understand that you state this is a copyrighted program, however will there be a source code released for it? I'm pretty new to programming as a whole, and have been thinking of starting with VB, I would love to see how something like this is created. It would provide near infinite knowledge. ^^

I probably won't upload the source code for a while - but maybe someday. It is written partially in VB Forms so the code is not straight forward.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »
I understand that you state this is a copyrighted program, however will there be a source code released for it? I'm pretty new to programming as a whole, and have been thinking of starting with VB, I would love to see how something like this is created. It would provide near infinite knowledge. ^^

I probably won't upload the source code for a while - but maybe someday. It is written partially in VB Forms so the code is not straight forward.

Ah, no  worries then. ^^
I just like to learn with substance, makes learning kinda like solving a puzzle xD

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
I have updated the version to 5 for the enhance client thanks to input from Ultima.

Ultima - this version should work a lot better as i am sending an enter first - please let me know.

I also updated the classic client to ver 5_1 with the same changes i made to the enhanced client
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:53:42 PM by gimlet »

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 07:11:58 AM »
OK Ultima has got me semi hooked on learning the enhanced client. I can see it has great value in certain places. So just for grins i threw together this program last night (still pretty alpha). I call it the Enhanced Client Tool and it is similar to a program on stratics called uohomeowner.

NOTE:

This only works with the enhanced uo client

It does not change the data stream

You must have microsofts netftramework 4 installed (see first post for link)

Same rules apply as the crystal porter

Please feel free to tell others about the programs but until i change my mind this is only available to members of scriptuo

It now should work on Windows 7 or Vista

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:31:50 PM by gimlet »

Tags: