Author Topic: Need help converting script {BOD}  (Read 12522 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Need help converting script {BOD}
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
Stealth API ...  interest threshold has been met, anticipation setting in.

Indeedy!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »
When it comes to deeper complexity i would suggest to wait for the next release and using .Net , C++ or Delphi and handle the Stealth API instead of using the Editor.

8)

Stealth API ...  interest threshold has been met, anticipation setting in.

Just as sidenote : Stealth have ~ 400 Methods , 32 Events wich require to be delegated by Function Pointer and ~30 custom Datatypes

Iam on dll test currently and yet it tooked ~ 2000 Lines code just to import content from stealth to .Net

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 05:26:13 PM »
If the Stealth API turns out to be something very interesting, I'd consider dusting off the ScriptUO project to make it so you could run and debug Stealth API scripts.  If anyone tried UOMachine, it would be similar only done with MUCH less skill than Xenoglyph had.  :(

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:58:38 PM by Crome969 »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 11:58:48 PM »
If the Stealth API turns out to be something very interesting, I'd consider dusting off the ScriptUO project to make it so you could run and debug Stealth API scripts.  If anyone tried UOMachine, it would be similar only done with MUCH less skill than Xenoglyph had.  :(

The Api works as Followed :

You can write and compile an application wich use the script.dll ( its written in Delphi ).
You need to start Stealth and select your application as "Script"
you press play and Stealth will execute application and handle the data through a pipe.

Using dll standalone wont work. Dll currently have around 5000 Lines code, thats just a small piece of stealth.

For .Net iam on working for a small .Net dll handling the script.dll, the sourcecode for the handler classes will be public. So anyone who is interested in can take a look how it worked in .Net.
If Vizitor find enough time he will provide a Unit for Delphi doing same. If not i may will provide this as well.

From this point anyone will be free to do whatever he want.You could write Scripts wich interact with streams, web , databases. You also could write your own scriptlanguange with editor if you want...

Tags: BOD  Script