Author Topic: Gaderian's Remove Trap trainer  (Read 15343 times)

Offline GaderianTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Gaderian's Remove Trap trainer
« on: October 04, 2019, 07:55:05 PM »
+2
No one has a modern Remove Trap training script here, so I am cross posting mine from the other site. Someone may benefit from it.

Code: [Select]
;==================================================
; Script Name: Remove Trap Cylinder Training
; Author: Gaderian
; Version: 2.10
; Client Tested with: 7.0.85.15
; EUO version tested with: 1.60 ver. 335
; Shard OSI
; Revision Date: 06/16/20
; Public Release: 07/03/19
; Cylinder Trap Kits are available for purchase from the Oddities Trader at the Lycaeum.
; Start Script up to GM
; Credits to TM's journal scan, Onkelatze for kit open, wait and click routines
;
; version 1.0 7/3/2019 initial cylinder trap trainer
; version 2.0 12/21/19 significant speed enhancement:
;                        *version 1.0 average solve time per puzzle about 100 seconds
;                        *version 2.0 average solve time per puzzle 35-45 seconds
;                                 Note:average < 2 minutes on an initial reset of a partially solved puzzle
;                                      which could also apply to suffering very poor internet connection
;                     - only tests 7 colors - calculates 8th
;                     - only tests 2 to as many slots as needed to determine count
;                     - resets on partially solved puzzle (should improve any lag issues; fixes restarts)
;                     known issue: a puzzle with all 5 slots the same color may break the script, but with the
;                                  current reset it may continue. It can happen 1/32,768 puzzles - so too rare to test.
;                                  The work around if it doesn't self correct is to stop and restart the script.
;                                  If you encounter that, it is more rare than a Blaze Cu Sidhe - consider yourself
;                                  privileged. :)
; version 2.1 6/16/2020 added number of attempts to set each box to assist lag correction
;                       much slower than without it, but can cleanup the testing when the internet isn't playing nice ;)
;==================================================

This was inspired from work from Onkelatze's Remove Trap Circuit trainer. Along with The Ghost, the 3 of us tried to extend his original script to train above 75 skill. The solution finder script I had created gets too slow to work through all the possibilities, so I was searching for another way to train through a script. This was my solution.

I used it to train from 75 to 100.0. While this could train from 0 - GM, I recommend Onkelatze's script to get you to 75, because that is so much quicker than this method. I did test this to rerun it on another character from low levels successfully. I recommend buying up the skill to what is possible though to push it along - if your shard allows it (non-Siege ruleset).

The requirements are to have one of the Cylinder traps (purchase at the Lycaeum from the Oddities Trader) in the top of your backpack with your backpack open (the script does none of that for you. Press play.

I was working on streamlining some of the conditions to make it a little quicker, but ran into some weird states where it would get stuck never completing the puzzle. So I went back to this (the original) and it has been chugging along.

The script works through investigating the trap for clues and then assembles the answer.

I am uncertain how it would behave if a trap's solution was all the same color. It may choke on that or it may reset. If it chokes on it, then it would require stopping and restarting the script. The rarity of that happening though is 1/32768. That would happen approximately once in 800 hours. I am reaching GM in roughly 36-40 hours from 75 skill. So maybe every 20 characters that train might see it happen once. If it gets into a bad cycle... stop/restart works. ;) I did not experience the situation, but walked through the logic to predict what would happen.

Those hour calculations apply to Version 1 of the script.
Version 2 runs in about 1/3 the time. So 75-GM should take about 13-16 hours. The estimate for the 800 hour occurrence gets reduced to 320 hours.

Please give any feedback or success postings.

In order for this to function, it also requires the latest (ver 6.6 or higher) of KalOCR.txt which can be found here:
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53735&p=434545#p434545
Alternatively, here is a non-maintained version of the KalOCR.txt script below that can be used (maybe someone wouldn't be able to access the other one, so I am including it here).

7/11/2020 I added the version 2.1 of the Remove Trap script and version 6.10 of kalOCR here.
The major difference from 2.0 to 2.1 was adding how many attempts it would go through the click settings - because with recent internet congestion while we live in Global Pandemic mode was causing clicks to be missed. In the script it is set to 1 which runs pretty much like 2.0 did, but if you find your clicks are being missed you can increase the number and it will repeat it's attempts to click and can cleanup some behavior to leave this as AFK as possible.

All the versions of the script use pixel scans to do OCR - so you can't run it minimized. If you run into problems, that is the first thing I would verify.

Gaderian

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
GaderianRemoveTrapCylinder2_1.txt
GaderianRemoveTrapCylinderBasic.txt
kalocr.txt
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:19:36 AM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Gaderian's Remove Trap trainer
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 07:12:39 AM »
This little build, do work pretty good,    easy to setup and to use. 

Thx for sharing this over here.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 07:31:24 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 08:36:42 AM »
Congratulations your Script has been moved to the Script library
(If you feel the script is in the wrong section please send me a pm.)

Thank you for your submission.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 06:38:01 AM »
+1
Updated download with a faster version.

Gaderian

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline kle4eva

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kle4eva has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 02:13:56 AM »
Thank you

Offline Toymaker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Toymaker has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 09:25:30 PM »
 :o pretty fast and definitely cool. 28.6 to 75 without any issues. Thank you for this!

Offline lit2fly

• Activity:
    0%
  • lit2fly has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 04:30:34 AM »
this is amazing, i have no idea how it works but it's working : D

One thing I don't understand thought, the puzzle has already given you the color of the first slot, why you still need to try with different color for the first slot?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 05:07:30 AM by lit2fly »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 10:20:13 AM »
The script needs to test for how many of each color there is. I could have used any slots to do this operation. If the 2 are both a valid count for that color then it increases how many slots until it has proven the count for the color.
Now I must use those slots so I do not have residual data to corrupt the current color by counting the matches from a previous color.
As for it telling you the first slot color - this is only true until your skill becomes higher. Then it stops telling you the first slot color.
As it works now it reaches GM skill in well under 1 day, unless you are experiencing lag to the server. The Ghost and I proved that where we had access to the same servers at the same time. It worked for only one of us who was not experiencing trouble with our connection and the other one solved puzzles and gained skill.
This was written with the intent to train from 75.0 to GM because there is a faster method to train up to 75.0. This does work from 0 skill to GM but is much slower from 0-75 than the other script. Really while it gives you that first slot color-eventually it will not. No point in making this more complex than it already is. This is good enough we felt.

Thanks for the question and feedback.

Gaderian

Offline lit2fly

• Activity:
    0%
  • lit2fly has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 02:52:18 PM »
Got it, this is a great script! Thanks for your hard work and I appreciate it. ;D

Offline gabrielo

• Activity:
    0%
  • gabrielo has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 06:43:48 PM »
Thank you for your hard work, however, I was running this script for about 30 mins with skill 29.2 and there were no gains at all, the gump opens and the puzzle seems to be attempted, then fail and close.  Should I be gaining at this level or do I just need to be more patient?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 07:50:10 AM »
You should be gaining. I suspect your setup is not correct or you are experiencing Internet lag.

Double check your setup.
1) It won't work if the client is minimized.
2) kalocr.txt should be in your folder/directory where your Easyuo executable is
    There are some versions of kalOCR.txt that didn't work (some copies labeled 6.06 and all copies labeled 6.07-6.09) because of a re-introduced bug.

If those things are correct, watch it try to solve the puzzle. If it doesn't solve a puzzle - it will be left in a state with left over colors in slots. It will try to find an unused color and set all slots to that color (so there are 0 matches - which is good for comparing good matches).
If it skips over setting all the slots with the unused color, then good chance you are experiencing Internet packet loss, so follow the directions in the 2.1 version to increase the attempts. It will severely slow down the puzzle solves, but can help solve puzzles. If you now get it to solve puzzles (where without the extra tries it was not completing puzzles), then gains should happen.

Give some feedback here on how that works (or what you tried that doesn't work).

If you have those requirements solved, then there can be a timing issue if you experience extreme packet loss on the Internet (lag).
I created version 2.1 that would retry a few times to reduce these failures due to lag. You may be able to increase the attempts to push through the lag failures.

Gaderian

Offline quammibox

• Activity:
    0%
  • quammibox has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 02:13:59 PM »
nice to see this post today, as this is my first time trying the script. it got me to 77.5 from 32 in a couple of hours. have been at 77.5 for about 3 hours now without a single gain using Version 2 and the Kalcor above.

superior script - just ran into a road block or something. not knowledgeable enough to know why.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 05:18:40 PM »
Can you describe what happens?
Does it solve puzzles? I expect that it does not.

Since it gained to 77, your setup must be correct.
I suspect internet lag/packet loss. How many retry attempts have you set? There is a variable that controls this feature

Gaderian

Offline gabrielo

• Activity:
    0%
  • gabrielo has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 07:06:33 PM »
You should be gaining. I suspect your setup is not correct or you are experiencing Internet lag.

Double check your setup.
1) It won't work if the client is minimized.
2) kalocr.txt should be in your folder/directory where your Easyuo executable is
    There are some versions of kalOCR.txt that didn't work (some copies labeled 6.06 and all copies labeled 6.07-6.09) because of a re-introduced bug.

If those things are correct, watch it try to solve the puzzle. If it doesn't solve a puzzle - it will be left in a state with left over colors in slots. It will try to find an unused color and set all slots to that color (so there are 0 matches - which is good for comparing good matches).
If it skips over setting all the slots with the unused color, then good chance you are experiencing Internet packet loss, so follow the directions in the 2.1 version to increase the attempts. It will severely slow down the puzzle solves, but can help solve puzzles. If you now get it to solve puzzles (where without the extra tries it was not completing puzzles), then gains should happen.

Give some feedback here on how that works (or what you tried that doesn't work).

If you have those requirements solved, then there can be a timing issue if you experience extreme packet loss on the Internet (lag).
I created version 2.1 that would retry a few times to reduce these failures due to lag. You may be able to increase the attempts to push through the lag failures.

Gaderian

I tried a different computer (I was running UO in macOS under Parallels Desktop) and it works.  May be an issue running it under VM, but that won't trouble 99% of people.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:25:28 PM by gabrielo »

Tags: