Author Topic: HOT! You MUST go to test center, then send feedback to this website!  (Read 16224 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
This is an emergency, people.  If you haven't played with the new changes on test center...STOP EVERYTHING you are doing in UO right now.

1.  Copy your favorite Sampire
2.  Go fight some pretty modest spawn
3.  Watch yourself die.  And die.  And die again.
Repeat for ANY melee character with high dexterity.
Now, repeat for ranged characters.

This change is going to destroy EVERY non-mage, non-tamer, non-bard template.  You like soloing anything in this game?  Forget it.  You have an...ARMY...of characters?  Won't matter anymore.

If you experience the same things I just did, please go to the below website and post up some feedback.  I recommend you go to stratics, cut/paste some of the more detailed posts, and submit that.
http://uo.com/contact

I am not one to say the sky is falling.  But, folks, it is.  It is.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: HOT! You MUST go to test center, then send feedback to this website!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:34:20 AM »
What exactly did they change? That's sop insanely devastating to dexxers. The heavy buffs sounded okay for pvm. Weapon changes didn't seen huge. I'll copy an army over and see what all the fuss is about.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:48:04 AM »
I copied over and am seeing the same results on stamina and low damage because of lack of stamina or low damage because of the fact of very slow hits.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »
  Take those figures and add them in for a pvm MAGE or tamer mage or spawner which doesn't run but maybe 20dex.

If a rat hits you you're going to lose ALL your stam and be a sitting duck since you can't keep chugging refresh.

We need to get everyone on board on this even if they don't even play uo from here. If any of this goes through you'll never be able to solo anything. A guy on stratics said he had trouble killing mudpies with his sampire cause he couldn't keep his stamina up.

A stealth tamer will be the only viable template for playing.

-When i sent feedback in i recommended removing all the stamina changes and giving all armor mage armor with plate giving the best base resists to make all armor useful but nothing drastic. Cosmetic changes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:11:27 AM by bodfather »

Offline Casanova

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Casanova has no influence.
  • Marine. MMA Champion. Nerd.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »
Sent feedback. Ridiculous changes.

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 08:36:23 AM »
What exactly did they change? That's sop insanely devastating to dexxers. The heavy buffs sounded okay for pvm. Weapon changes didn't seen huge. I'll copy an army over and see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks!  I'm very much interested in what you find.  Really, the biggest problem I see is the stamina loss they've implemented:

- Pretty much any hit takes you down 30 stamina
- Can't chug pots as often
- HUGE nerf for stamina leech on weapons
- Modest nerf to Divine Fury stam regen

This is the single biggest charlie foxtrot since AoS destroyed the armor/weapon system.  I keep logging in to test on different characters, with different armor combos, and I still can't believe it.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »
  One of the team posted that's just "phase 1" of the changes too. Ughh.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 08:57:16 AM »
Finally, the changes that this game needed six years ago. Maybe now UO wont be so easy, the challenge alone might just be worth coming back for.

Granted there are a couple changes that are a little bit extreme. *shrugs*

You should all just break free from your mindless in and out never changing farming tasks that take so little effort to do anymore, and enjoy the challenge.

*bleep* changes, of course you wont be able to do things the EXACT SAME WAY as you used to. Figure something out. I already have multiple theory templates and suit changes in mind that I am having friends try out (Since I don't play anymore) with some success.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:01:22 AM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »
I've been posting on stratics as much as I can.  It's going to wreck every suit I have and nearly every shame item I've kept hoping to get use out of.  I think the best we can hope for is limited change but we shall have to wait and see.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:56:27 AM »
The Best part about "phase 1" is that the BIGGEST problem is the UNDOCUMENTED drastic change to stamina damage.  They didn't even bother saying "oh hey btw your going to take like 10x stamina damage now...."  It really makes me wonder if they aren't going to pull the same multiplication on stamin regen rates or something...  but yea huge screw up so far.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
I'll test it out a little it.

What's the easiest boss to get to to try to solo?

From what i"ve read on stratics, they tried to make unmedable armor give greater stamina defense, also causes ssi loss to attackers.  Seems blacksmithing armor might make a come back. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:38:00 AM by KaliOfLS »
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 11:03:58 AM »
Just did a quick test run on Ricky.  Lvl 1 and 2 was a walk in the part, was able to leech Stat.  Lvl 3 hits and I eat the dust. 3 drakes and 2 Ophidians, loss 120 stam  in the blink of an eyes.  Seen like you loss 30 stam per hits and that go from spell damage as well.   Seen like lot of trial suit on our future.   

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 12:23:07 PM »
Here is a helpful link for character copying if anyone has never used the character copy feature:  http://uo2.stratics.com/miscellaneous/test-center/character-copy
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 05:40:12 PM »
Left feedback on the changes... Wonder if stamina regen on a suit is going to become valuable again.  Might be worth looking into a little bit.  But with the amount of stamina sampires are losing on spawns and such I dont think any amount of regen will be enough.  This is not a well thought out change to the game.

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »
I think the pvp system will become a paralise pvp.

mages cast paralise, archer, war, use pblow, then stam of the oponent go down then he pot refresh, pblow again, and die due out of stam.

with the weapon changes, they break heavy x-bow players (like me) and make ai spammers (com bow) more stronger.

But will be fun an archer with a yumi (vel light) dshoting with the stamina changes, or a weaver with lot of pixies.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:37:02 PM by HardY- »

Tags: