Author Topic: HOT! You MUST go to test center, then send feedback to this website!  (Read 16225 times)

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: HOT! You MUST go to test center, then send feedback to this website!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 07:36:09 PM »
Weavers just need one lucky spell from the four summons and it's game over.  Total screw up with no real in game planning as far as I can tell.

It just seems that they don't play the game or play a different version than I load up.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 09:12:10 AM »
Yeah, I was going to say a 4/6 SW Fencer with 4 Pixies and a SSI Kryss would definitely be nasty
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 12:49:26 PM »
Yeah, I was going to say a 4/6 SW Fencer with 4 Pixies and a SSI Kryss would definitely be nasty

or an archer with a new yumi or shortbow with vel + light

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 12:55:18 PM »
This change has wrought fort the ire of even the uoforums folk.  lol. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »

Oh man, I totally didn't even test moving shot + velocity + hit spell.  That's going to drop you 90 stamina in a single shot!

Ha!  You know it is bad when UOForums gets riled.  We only talk about cookies, events and decorating contests over there!

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 01:18:47 PM »

Oh man, I totally didn't even test moving shot + velocity + hit spell.  That's going to drop you 90 stamina in a single shot!

Ha!  You know it is bad when UOForums gets riled.  We only talk about cookies, events and decorating contests over there!

I'm thinking in Double shot from yumi, now yumi have 3.5s base speed, so is 2 hits + 2 vel + 2 light? it really will break any stamina.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 01:36:36 PM »
Well... just realize that what's currently on TC 1 (Pub 81) as far as stamina damage is CRAZY different from how it's been for years.   I just did a little testing last night on a normal shard (pub 80) and unless it was a mace weapon I was taking at most 3 stamina damage & only really doing so when below 1/3 life & hit for 40+ damage.   As it currently stands on TC 1 (Pub 81)  your taking stamina damage of at least equal amount to raw hit point damage.   I don't see this change going live as the stamina regen system wasn't designed for a 10x increase in stamina damage.  I do think it likely that a mace fighter rocking Crushing blow (additional 10 stamina damage) will likely be a valid PvP temp when all this gets through testing & goes live though.   I just really don't see it going live as it currently stands.  I'm liking Wild Staves ability to STUN though... I for see some new Mage Stun temps or  Tamer + CuSide + Orc Brute + Conflag pot Stun temps etc...

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
Completely agree, I hate to see what it is going to do to my beloved thrower =( Just got some nice 10 SSI jewelry and all

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »
  Necro macer. Pain spike + crushing blow.

There were a couple guys in my old guild that used to one shot people with a double shot yumi. It was so funny to watch back then.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
Maybe my sidelined bushi macer (not of the sampire variety) will make a comeback.  

I need to brush up on my mechanics because I forget how sampire parry works with 2 handed weap vs. one handed weapon.   I can imagine my bushi macer running around with a war hammer again.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 04:24:37 PM »
Completely agree, I hate to see what it is going to do to my beloved thrower =( Just got some nice 10 SSI jewelry and all

All the effort they spent revamping loot has gone out the door if this goes through.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »
I think they should have just upped the base resist of non-medable armors.  Maybe add med penalties to certain armors while giving them higher base resists yet, or adding some sort of dex/stamina penalty for that increased base resist.  (i.e. Leather = medable, weakest resists; studded = no dex penalty, slight MR penalty but still medable, slightly higher resist; ring = no dex penality, non medable, slight mr penality, increased base resist..'fill in the gap'..Dragon Armor = 'Highest Base Resist Total, Not medable, low dex penality, high MR penalty; == Plate Armor = 'Highest Base Resist Total, Not Medable, High Dex Penality, low MR penality, High Dex Penalty') 

Some sort of huge balancing scale of dex/MR penalty for a trade off in base resist.  Makes all armor useful again... For higher base resist, for instance, I can spend less imbue weight on upping the resist to hit all 70s and put something like MR.  In the end, you have more versatility and options without going all up in this mana phase and SSI debuf procs. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Casanova

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Casanova has no influence.
  • Marine. MMA Champion. Nerd.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 05:40:12 PM »
I think they should have just upped the base resist of non-medable armors.  Maybe add med penalties to certain armors while giving them higher base resists yet, or adding some sort of dex/stamina penalty for that increased base resist.  (i.e. Leather = medable, weakest resists; studded = no dex penalty, slight MR penalty but still medable, slightly higher resist; ring = no dex penality, non medable, slight mr penality, increased base resist..'fill in the gap'..Dragon Armor = 'Highest Base Resist Total, Not medable, low dex penality, high MR penalty; == Plate Armor = 'Highest Base Resist Total, Not Medable, High Dex Penality, low MR penality, High Dex Penalty') 

Some sort of huge balancing scale of dex/MR penalty for a trade off in base resist.  Makes all armor useful again... For higher base resist, for instance, I can spend less imbue weight on upping the resist to hit all 70s and put something like MR.  In the end, you have more versatility and options without going all up in this mana phase and SSI debuf procs. 

You stop this logical thinking right now!!!

Haha in all seriousness this is exactly how it should go...

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 06:34:47 AM »
I'm sort of a fan of adding the following to make up for non-med:

- +X% to total max resist, per piece.  There are many situations where I'd love to have 80 resist in a particular element.
- Reduction in dexterity per piece

Heavy armor ought to give a chance to avoid crushing blow/stun/etc-type attacks.  If I get bonked on the head wearing plate, I expect to be able to shrug it off a tad bit better than if I'm wearing a feathered frickin' hat, for example.

Instead of incremental changes, they just slopped that baby out with the bathwater. 

Man, I hope they announce that they're turning this disaster offl.

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »
I'm sort of a fan of adding the following to make up for non-med:

- +X% to total max resist, per piece.  There are many situations where I'd love to have 80 resist in a particular element.
- Reduction in dexterity per piece

Heavy armor ought to give a chance to avoid crushing blow/stun/etc-type attacks.  If I get bonked on the head wearing plate, I expect to be able to shrug it off a tad bit better than if I'm wearing a feathered frickin' hat, for example.

Instead of incremental changes, they just slopped that baby out with the bathwater. 

Man, I hope they announce that they're turning this disaster offl.

qft
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Tags: