Author Topic: C2's Ultimate Casting Trainer (Mage, Myst S.W., Chiv, Necro, Resist, Eval, & SS)  (Read 89006 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Yo Brah ;)

Decided to train up a griefing character on Pac so using this for Necro (and consequently Spirit Speak). I found that the timing with the Horrific Beast casting with no FC/FCR was slightly off so that I was getting the need to wait message (or whatever) due to trying to cast too soon. I also tweaked it a little because at 50 Horrific Beast was failing a lot; I changed it to casting Summon Familiar until I was about 57 or so and the gains came much faster then I switched it back to HB. Incidently, you can cast Summon Familiar and gain off the cast without chosing a familiar in the gump.

I had to leave before server down so I'm sure I'll only be around 65 or so when I get back But boy am I happy to now have to write my own Necro trainer ;) Thanks for the script!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
ah very cool.  i thought i changed the range on horrific beast because of that same issue.  maybe it never went public.  i have yet to experience the wait issue or hear anyone else have that one.  interesting.  the skill adjustment i had heard about a couple times.  thx man!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
ah very cool.  i thought i changed the range on horrific beast because of that same issue.  maybe it never went public.  i have yet to experience the wait issue or hear anyone else have that one.  interesting.  the skill adjustment i had heard about a couple times.  thx man!
No, thank YOU!

Considering that the timing issue on the casting isn't consistent (happens only every 4 or 5 casts) I'm going to guess that it's just a lag problem. No biggie since a slight tweak resolved the issue anyhow.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
C2,

Love the script. Got spellweaving trained quick with out a glitch. Was wondering not sure if it is true yet, but I heard that if you have no magery that SW can cast 4/6. If so that would be a nice option to add in.

Thanks for you work!

Noobie

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
I use this script almost daily to modify my casting skills on siege - the ROT version works perfect!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
C2,

Love the script. Got spellweaving trained quick with out a glitch. Was wondering not sure if it is true yet, but I heard that if you have no magery that SW can cast 4/6. If so that would be a nice option to add in.

Thanks for you work!

Noobie

that is true Noobie if you have 70.0 or under magery.  chiv and necro follow that path as well.  i don't have a smart calcualtor to figure the timings out.  i just have a lot of testing and trials going into the two speed modes.  it would make some difference but not a ton.  if mana was unlimited, i could see it saving a ton of time.  You would end up doing med just a little sooner especially at the lowest levels but with something like word of death, there would hardly be a difference over time.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
We had a large discussion in another thread about FC caps and the results are as follows:

Magery: 2/6
Mysticism: 2/6
Necromancy: 2/6 (NOT affected by the amount of magery/mysticism you have)
Chivlary: 4/6 (Lowered cap to 2/6 IF magery OR mysticism > 69.9)
Spellweaving: 4/6 (NOT affected by the amonut of magery/mysticism you have)

Each cap is evaluated INDEPENDENTLY, meaning if you have 4/6 in items, your necro cap would be 2/6 and your spellweaving cap would be 4/6

In the case of this trainer, having 4/6 casting for spellweaving would probably just make you run out of mana faster and not really increase your gains UNLESS you're fizzling a lot and already at mana cap! So maybe it WOULD be a good idea to up the casting timings on Spellweaving
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
Unless i made an auto calcualteing sub, which isn't going to happen, it will have to remain 2/6.  i dont want the hassle of changing timings to 4/6 and not having a wide enough knowledge base in the users to wonder why timings are off due to the current coding.  I wouldn't hurt but isn't critical to change either.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
If I'm not mistaken, someone wrote a public sub for FC/FCR timing. If we can dig that up, you can probably just throw it in there and use it easily!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
Kudos to the master on this one!!

I needed to train some skills for my necro/peacer and heard good things about this script.  In the beginning I was a bit miffed because it kept saying I didn't know that spell.  Until of course I figured out that I was using a book with only 5 spells in it :(  Once I got past my ignorance I soulstoned off some skills to free up meditation and focus.

Beginning:
Focus             0.0   (Why? - For every 20 points of Focus a player has, their 10 second Mana gain is increased by 1.)
Meditation      30.0   (Why? - The Meditation skill allows your character to increase the rate at which they regenerate mana.)
Spirit Speak    30.0
Necromancy    30.0

My SS started to out weigh the Necro gains so when SS was at 101.6 I locked it.  Necro then went from 97.8 to 108.4 before having to shut down.  I would say that I have about 8 solid hours built into the skill in the one run.

Ending:
Focus  100.0
Meditation 100.0
SS   101.6
Necro 108.4

Not bad for a first day of work on the skills.  I figure once the Necro skill has gotten close to the end I will unlock SS and see how the progression goes to the end.  Nice work on the script.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
GM Focus
GM Med
120 Necro
120 SS
120 Magery

Sweet... Now on to your Bard script to bust out 120 Music/Peace.

Nice work on the scripts.

Offline slackermandan

• Activity:
    0%
  • slackermandan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I found that while casting Word of Death with 4/6, that I could change this line of the script as follows:

gosub cast 614 50 #true 25 no 1200  ;Word of Death

I changed the waittime to 25, which dramatically increased my casting rate. If you have higher FC / FCR and want to cast faster, just tweak the waittime variable for the spell you are casting.

Awesome script, currently working from 0-120 spellweaving.

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
We had a large discussion in another thread about FC caps and the results are as follows:

Magery: 2/6
Mysticism: 2/6
Necromancy: 2/6 (NOT affected by the amount of magery/mysticism you have)
Chivlary: 4/6 (Lowered cap to 2/6 IF magery OR mysticism > 69.9)
Spellweaving: 4/6 (NOT affected by the amonut of magery/mysticism you have)

Each cap is evaluated INDEPENDENTLY, meaning if you have 4/6 in items, your necro cap would be 2/6 and your spellweaving cap would be 4/6

In the case of this trainer, having 4/6 casting for spellweaving would probably just make you run out of mana faster and not really increase your gains UNLESS you're fizzling a lot and already at mana cap! So maybe it WOULD be a good idea to up the casting timings on Spellweaving

This would be some good info for the UO Reference Information Threads if we could validate it.

Offline macnasty

• Activity:
    0%
  • macnasty has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Is there any way to do this on a garg?  Thanks...

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
Is there any way to do this on a garg?  Thanks...

I assume you are talking about mystic or weaving.  I think you can do it in tram and unguilded.  All stay all stop.  Maybe not.  In a guild or fel equals dead horse.  You also could try setting it up, pausing, stabling the horse, walking to a training spot and unpausing.  Some spells like weaken still work like that.  I have not tried the weaving or mystic spells with that trick.

Tags: