Author Topic: Good Intro Example - Greetings from Formerlyrara  (Read 2890 times)

Offline formerlyraraTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Good Intro Example - Greetings from Formerlyrara
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:05:13 AM »
Greetings, I was introduced to this site from a friend - was a avid UO player well take that back, hardcore player from 98 till about 05ish, then took a break and came back a couple months ago. I will say a lot has changed. I am new to scripting but great at debugging scripts and trying new things out. Hope to have some good discussions with players, i do play on a OSI shard and willing to meet players all the time.!!!!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Good Intro Example - Greetings from Formerlyrara
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:51:09 AM »
Sorry you will have to do better.... You set the bar very high for yourself by labeling your post "GOOD INTRO EXAMPLE".... so i was expecting one.....
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
OOh i like that a challenge - well dont know what else to say other then activity, learning, playing a wonderful game are good things? Learning new things ( like this site ) is going to be a challenge and obviously trying to please or rather wow someone is going to be a tricky one. Ones person wow is another persons so what?

Guess i can add a few more things, first some humor stories about old UO:
Back way way back when there was no item insurance, no trammel no nothing, you had to work hard for even a small house - lock downs were not like now, well needless to say a buddy and me worked hard one weekend - he lumberjacked, i tailored fancy shirts all weekend, about 13 hours at a time for 2 days straight to get enough money together to place a small wooden house. So we get the required gold together, purchase a deed and we had to fight our way out of the vesper house shop cause of the hidden thiefs back then ( yes you could steal house deeds ).

We put it in bank - walk all over and found our dream spot ( okay our only spot we could find ) and couldnt mark a spot. Now since there was no uoam we did everything we could to remember where our spot was. Took us half a day to refind it again after wandering the land. We marked spot this time, recalled got our deed and placed our house. Now back then no runebooks so we had runes in our bags for spots. We go to brit ( only place we knew who could copy house keys at time ) and had keys copied by vendor so we each had one. As soon as we did that and walked to the bank we both got robbed of keys and house runes.. By the time we ran to our house it was emptied of the little loot we had and the thiefs left the rune inside with a nice note - Thanks for the loot noob...

That was probably one of the most frustrating and funniest things i can remember cause we almost went and filled the house with items before we made copies. We were so happy we didnt.

Got a million of those OLD stories!

Now lets flash forward - playing again is like playing like a newbie, all the skill changes are drastic, still playing a hardcore fisherman, crafter of course, thunter of the lands - wish they didnt change the map spots but its a good refreshing challenge. Wish there was more players though. My shard is pretty much dead but i do like the solitude of it!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:39:08 AM by formerlyrara »

Offline Casho

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Casho has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:55:16 AM »
- where are u from
- your age
- your preferred style to play (pvp, pvm, crafting)

And if it you want to write a "good example" you should write a interesting text.
Atm there are only 4 single sentences.

Edit:
Sorry, I missed your edit.
my fault
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:25:27 PM by Casho »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Well in answer to some of your questions

I am from Virginia but previously from Florida - Active military but done with being away from friends and family for rest of my career, Age well lets just say seasoned, mid 30's :).

My heart is and always will be in crafting, i have always believed in being self sufficient and never relying on another character to provide anything for me, so i have gmed all crafting professions and made a game career out of it. That is my single goal, I do dabble in PVM from time to time to supply my needs as a crafter but i honestly prefer making items to throw on vendors to let others enjoy and it has been a very fulfilling choice for me. My wife who also plays loves mining and dieing to anything with her always newbie fighters. We both are not heavy handed into pvm yet but after seeing all the new things and what we can do we are learning. PVP I dabbled way back on drachenfals during what was called server wars which was a blast to do. Now a days I am not fast enough or i would say gifted enough for the pvp that these kids deal now a days. I tend to be a polite person and dont gather into the trash talking involved that i am sure everyone sees daily.

What i consider my home in game will have to be vesper - I have done so much throughtout my time in this game around this city. I have owned many homes over the years and tend to always find those roads leading back to Vesper. I still fish from there daily, do some crafting and the new bribe system from there exclusively.

Treasure Hunting is another passion of mine, dunno what it is but going out digging up a chest and knowing the loot is crap but the fun of doing it alone is a great feeling. I gather up all those little 1;s and work them up to 5's with ease sometimes 6's. I believe in reusing everything and not wasting a single item so it helped propel my imbue to 120 nicely.

Fishing - where do i begin, the new changes ( minus the fishing quests ) are great, love the fact 8 by 8 is gone and i am able to sail anywhere without interference and fish and kill serps all day long, havent done a pirate attack yet but looking forward to that aspect soon.

I guess you can say most my time is dealt with crafting professions and outfitting other players characters with items they desire or need. I live a simple game life now and just deal with a couple vendors here and there until i learn all the new aspects of the game.

I know i am not any good at these introductions and essay formats but willing to try!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »
holy smokes!  now those are some additions.  restricted status lifted.  thank you for saying hello and hope to see you on the boards.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »
Now that's a way to buck up and try, try again!  Good show!  Lol, you had us with your 2nd attempt.  Thanks for icing on the scrummy cake.

Vesper will always be my home too.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:57:29 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 06:47:12 PM »
Thanks I do appreciate it, i figure i would have to write up my UO obituary as well as my birth announcement or something lol.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »
Thankfully we intervened before it got to that point!  lol

You went over and above the call of duty.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 08:54:15 PM »
now thats an intro we can be proud to call a good intro :) 

welcome to scriptuo.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline smokinjoe26

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • smokinjoe26 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 01:46:28 AM »
way to make em work for it EN.  lol  ...

Welcome welcome Formerlyrara .. active mil.  Way to stick it out until mid 30's.
I didn't have that sort of patience. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 06:28:12 AM »
Welcome!

Tags: