Author Topic: The Taming Appraiser  (Read 81517 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: The Taming Appraiser
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »
Probably not, don't have any in the stable? Tame pets should work ok... the first numbers will be off because of the stat change when tamed on certain types, but the resist numbers should be right on.

Hopefully there's an invasion someplace. I need to farm up some more gems.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »
Using version 43.  Downloaded new KalOCR.  All files placed in EUO directory.  My directory tree is:  C:\Program Files\EUO\[files].

I observe the following:

1 - Upon running the script, I target a bane Dragon using the giant green NEXT TARGET button.  Very intuitive, that.
2 - Script correctly Lores the critter, opens the Lore gump(s) and populates the Max stat columns.
3 - Selected and % columns remain blank
4 - Upon targeting several more dragons, the selected and % remains blank, and average stats/average resists continues to show 0. / 0.

I tried the previous version and I still get the same results.

Is it me?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »
I'll have to play with it. Try loring something else... maybe something you have in the stable.

Cu, Dragon, WW, Hiryu, Rune Beetle, stuff like that... see if you get numbers from them.

I'll try to get some time tonight to test/verify. This version should work, but so have many others that had problems.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2011, 12:36:09 PM »
Same problem with a greater dragon.

I re-read the thread and saw TM and Oracle having the same problem I'm having, but I couldn't find their solution.  I have double- and triple-checked that all files are in c:\Program files\EUO...which is where I run everything from for other scripts.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »
Tested with bane dragon, works... though it turns out bane dragons and swamp dragons have the same item TYPE's so I have to put in the checker for that....

Greater Dragon worked great also.

Here's what you need to try.

set %kal_gumpX 100
set %kal_gumpY 100

See if that will work for you. It will position the lore gump in the middle of your screen.

Try it and lemme know.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:19 AM »
I had a few problems involving skill timers and/or my character being "busy".

If the gump is open from a previous lore attempt then it won't always page through to the resists tab, and won't do the averages properly.

If the skill timer is active then it will attempt to pull the stats from the next thing I target, regardless of what method I'm using to target it with (in my case, usually the veterinary skill). I don't know where it's getting the numbers its using, but they're (obviously) not the real stats.

If things are very busy on my screen, for example I'm looting a corpse and vetting a pet, it won't move the lore gump to the corner of the screen and do the calculations.

All of these were noticed before you updated, I'm not sure if they've been changed or if these are things that it is even possible to fix but thought you would like to know.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2011, 08:10:13 AM »
I'll setup a timer so that you won't be able to use it too soon after last use.

I'll make the button RED while you can't use it so it's a visible. I'm also working on non-targets so it doesn't try to lore a tree or rock or something not on the list.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2011, 11:27:41 PM »
I'm enjoying the update, either you fixed something or I'm not being quite so dumb while using it!

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2011, 07:45:33 PM »
This script is real nice. I tried using it on some greaters and plain dragons. When i target the dragon it thinks it is a greater and when i target an greater it thinks it is a normal one. easy uo and the two required files are in the same folder . The item type i got was DF for both. 

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2011, 01:19:47 AM »
free shard or osi?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2011, 06:04:23 AM »
Updated. Changed the way Greater dragons are checked back to what it was before. They didn't split GD's out from regular Dragon ID's as previously thought.

I *think* I've fixed the problem when missing your target. If you click on the ground or a tree or something it *should* just go back to start and allow you to immediately re-target.

Feedback please. I'm considering putting this over at EUO as my first submission ;)

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »
I'll test it when I get home from work tonight... I need a new greater dragon anyway.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
G'luk taming one. Man I spent an hour trying with my 120 tame/lore/vet/peace/music char. I finally just set that char on area peace and brought in a different char who needs jewelry to get to 120 taming.

Yeah, he tamed it first shot. Thanks RNG.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2011, 09:14:10 AM »
I always use a second toon peacing to tame them.  You don't have enough time if you peace it and then try to tame it on the same character.  Honor works pretty well, but even that can only go so far and still leaves you wanting someone around to res/heal if something goes wrong... 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
I also use a second toon to peace (and disco) before taming but she is also got stealth, animal lore and herding. So she stealths in to a greater dragon, use scripts like this one to find a really good one. Herds it far away where my tamer waits.

If you play GL and need someone to herd and peace let me know - I might be available.

Tags: Cerveza