Author Topic: said3 Heartwood trinket weaver quester  (Read 30342 times)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: said3 Heartwood trinket weaver quester
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 11:17:23 AM »
+1
Crisis: Im not a good, not even moderate, scripter/prorgammer. But I have gotten around 18 old scripts to work since i came back to UO couple of months ago after several years of absence. This one, as I have stated in 3 posts above, is just beyond me, i dont understand how the quest system works. "Keep at it" doesnt really cut it, since ive spent quite a few hours on this after my wrists startet to act up from the HW turn ins, without making any progress.

TheGhost: Its very nice of you to try to help, but I wonder if your realize that your comment is about the only part of the script thats working, so not really actual helpful. ;)

said3: I didnt know you were still active on this site, since this script havent been updated. Its of course good to know that you have a MUCH better script somewhere, that works perfectly for you. Always pleasant to have it rubbed in really hard... :D

Anyways..I got the Scrappers recipie (the hard and manual way) and i can get the runics via bods in no time, so no need to ever do a HW quest again for my part...

Most of us started out the same way that you are, working on scripts that don't work or you want to alter them more to fit your needs. As you go through them, you start to learn what they do. You will undoubtedly come across more older scripts that have errors. OSI has added many things which makes the button positions different or the gump a different size. I have done many things since I first looked at EUO and scripting. I am not a programmer and have no programming skills.You have no choice but to keep at it or not use the many different scripts out there. The UO population and scripting population has fallen off dramatically in the past 10 years so scripts don't generally get updated unless the author still plays or people get them to work. You may be able to hire a scripter to fox things but that is expensive and rarely happens. I would suggest to keep at it and ask questions about how things work. There are some great tutorials but for the most part you need to jump in and get your hands dirty. I work on my motorcycle the same way, I try and self-diagnose, abuse youtube how-to videos and ask for help when I get in too deep but I have saved a lot of money and have the satisfaction of doing it myself. I can same the same for me with EUO scripting, I have come a long way since I first started. EUO and this site will be what you make it.  :D

P.S. complaining to people who are giving advice and help isn't the best way to get started.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:20:07 AM by Crisis »

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hrafn has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »
+2
Thank you for the heads-up Crisis! You are quite right and learning a bit more about how the scripts work and how to make them will probably pay dividends in the coming months. But my future efforts will be used in bod collecting and bod filling scripts, where I have a working setup, that could be fine tuned more.

Sorry also for my snotty comebacks, it was uncalled for and I apologize!

Offline said3Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • said3 has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
+1
My intention was not at all to brag about a better script, as Crisis mentioned, most of us started the same way. In my case while I was learning I was posting the things I was doing, that is why this script is so old and 'useless' at the minute. It is probably my first published script, but since then I learned a lot thanks to fixing scripts that i needed.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2017, 12:21:37 PM »
So this Script does not work anymore?  Any plans to update it?  Will it be moved to "dead" Scripts?
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline rmalverdi

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • rmalverdi has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 09:36:10 AM »
I need this script @_@ heheh ... this is count for the first post? ^^ heheh

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 09:44:18 AM »
As my follow member Crisis mention multiple time.

I would expect someone to become a contributing member to a community . You will notice that you have a restricted title by your name. We have a requirement that must be met before someone can become a member. A lot of time and effort is put into a script before someone releases it to the public so they are not given out by someone who just joined and cannot even introduce themselves or read the site rules.  They would expect you to be an active member in the community.

Offline jorcap

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • jorcap has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2020, 05:45:47 PM »
thnx for the script

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2020, 08:03:19 PM »
No one ever reads the important parts of websites or even the scripts pages. 1 post will not get your restriction removed, you will need to make a GOOD introduction. The post above yours stated that. This script also needs a lot of updating, just as the posts above yours state.

Offline nrigors

• Activity:
    0%
  • nrigors has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 04:25:29 PM »
Thanks for the effort.

Offline Toymaker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Toymaker has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2020, 02:29:50 PM »
Not sure if it  is broke or not. tried this today, it cycles through the quests but does not see the required quest. I do have the OCR file in the same directory and in the same directory as the main EZUO files. anyone able to verify it currently still works? just want to see if it is on my end that is an issue.

Offline gabrielo

• Activity:
    0%
  • gabrielo has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2020, 02:42:06 PM »
Ok, I know this topic has been dead for a while, but I am trying to get this script adapted for use with the Beer Goggles quest, as the player crafted Tinker Tools are no longer accepted by the NPC for this quest.

It seems to stick on the OCR of finding the right quest.  I am using the latest version of kalocr.txt (6.11) in which the getMLQInfo function is supposedly working.  However the script simply misses the quest info and cycles through he quests.

Here is the sub:

Code: easyuo
  1. ;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  2. sub Toogle_Quest
  4. call kalocr.txt getMLQInfo QuestOffer #contposx #contposy
  6. if goggles in %1
  7. {
  8.  set %clickx #contposx + 208
  9.  set %clicky #contposy + 487
  10.  click %clickx %clicky
  11.  }
  12. else
  13. {
  14. goto start
  15. }
  16. Return
  17. ;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is anyone familiar with he OCR functions that would help e get the correct output please?  I think I can adapt the rest of the script ok.

Thanks.