Author Topic: New beginning  (Read 2266 times)

Offline LarppaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Larppa has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New beginning
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:19:54 AM »
Imagine a situation that you would have to start from scratch on origin servers. No friends to ask for handouts. No alts to transfer over from another shard. How would you start? Templates? What and where to farm?

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: New beginning
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:47:41 AM »
I have had to start many times like this.  The first thing i made was a necro mage.  On any shard it is easy to find 64 spell book for 1k.

Start 50 Magery 50 Eval and 20 Med.  Gives you quite a few spells you can use.  I would go and kill a couple things that had about 400g. I would use that gold to buy more regs.  And i would keep doing that til i built up my regs and my skill. After i built up my skill a bit to a manageable 80 i would then buy some mining skill and go around mining regular ore. Then i would sell the ore.  Once i had enough gold i would then seek out a full lrc suit to where i can get around and train without any use of regs. So eventually i would end up with a GM Mage/Miner/Lumberjack.  This would help me get up my gold amounts and resource amounts to make my crafter char.

(this was how i spent my first 4 months of UO before i found a guild that helped me out tremendously)  This method still works for me on any server i have needed to start up on by myself.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:01 AM »
Go to the busiest bank on the shard and beg for some start-up gold/lrc suit.. shouldn't take long to get a few pieces of something.
Rummage in player trash at the bank and scan player vendors via searchuo.com or other for dirt cheap lrc stuff.

I think their as are few buy sell from npc vendors you can do to get a little bit of starting capital not a whole lot but a bit. (the prices soon level to make it unprofitable but can get maybe 10-30k)

If you go at busy time of the day run around luna picking up all the advertising runes and sell them back to npc... if anyone harassers you about picking them up offer to stop for lrc suit and magery book.

Once you have lrc suit train magery... then either lumberjack or miner ...  should take no more than 1-3days  sell the resulting resources and your on your way.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:22:38 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »
The above suggestions work on the more populated shards. I picked I believe korean way underpopulated shard. Very few vendors and very few of those had anything on them to sell. FindUO and SearchUO do not update these very often. I started with 2 pieces of LRC armor that I beat off of a few orcs with 50 swords and 50 tactics. Trained Magery with 21 LRC. Took alot longer than normal but it works. Setup my Lumberjack to walk around a bank in fel chopping trees on a rail when full return to bank and deposit until i had collected enough wood to start training imbue with oak lumber then made a good LRC suit to recall mine with. You can also make  simple script to sell the rest of the lumber to npc's for cash. I collected enough in around a week to be walking around with 100k gold nice Imbued LRC suit the down side no magery books to be found I had to collect my own scrolls. 1-4 scrolls can be bought from NPC mages. Orc mages give up to 5th and Lich's will give 6th and 7th. Do not remember where to get 8th. I did look on UOGuide to find these. Once you have a full spell book and have decent imbue skill (I was working with around 50 skill to make LRC suits) Miner and lumber jack the rest is easy piezy. I then made my miner collect gems for imbue training also trained more witht he oak up to 60 ~ 70 imbing finished with gems and residue from the oak. Once you are around 100 imbuing you can start to turn in residue and essence for power scrolls. I got a 120 after about 30 mins or so. Had to combine a few 115's to make a 120. Then you can make a poor man's Sampire suit. Use no relics to make the suit yet. Only residue and essence. Once you have the poor man's sampire suit go to wrong and kill lizards for their minor and mjor artifacts so you can make them into relics and then you can make a nicer Sampire suit to then go and do champ spawns to get 120 scrolls to up your sampire. It is all a process but you just need to know where to start. I can go into much more detail if needed. This is just a simple write up.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 12:27:29 PM »
I love starting new stuff on new shards. It's fun to be back in a place where every little bit of gold counts and every little find is awesome and useful!

To this day I can usually rack up enough startup cash turning cloth to bandaids to buy a basic LRC suit and I have yet to find a shard deserted enough (outside of SP or Mung) where I couldn't find cheap LRC suits or pieces.

Sometimes I'll start with a "looter" character. It requires nothing but time to train up Hiding and Stealth enough to stealth around champ spawns and looting gold. Even dead shards have people doing spawns every now and then and I can usually have a character looting gold in the spawns within a day.

I also train up lockpicking to the standard 95 then hang out picking chest in the Trinsic or Vesper banks while training up Musicianship and Peacemaking, gathering a lot of good stuff including gold and gems, typically easily building an LRC suit on the way as well as collecting stuff for my mule to unravel.

Mules can do normal cloth BOD's one after another by purchasing the items from the NPC instead of crafting them then selling the reward cloth back making quite a bit of profit to help get started on Tailor training.

Start a character with 49 inscription and do the inscription quest to get the Undead Slayer in New Haven. Either sell it for a couple hundred k or use it and fill it.

Start a character with 49 necro and spirit speak then turn around and get the full Necro Spellbook and regs doing the New Haven quests.

As soon as a character can cast Blade Spirit and, even better, Invis it can farm the entrance to Shame or other low-level spot with excelent results.

Always look for a rune library in Luna when you start somewhere new, I swear there is always one right outside of either the West or East gates - never fails.

Fill first four levels of spells from NPC mages.

Get that basic LRC suit up ASAP and dedicate a character to nonstop mining and/or lumberjacking.

These are all fun ways to start.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 06:26:58 AM »
Excellent suggestions all around .. keep them coming ..
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: