Author Topic: Is there a smooth client mod for current 2d clients?  (Read 18508 times)

Offline hankscorpio1Topic starter

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • hankscorpio1 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Is there a smooth client mod for current 2d clients?
« on: September 14, 2014, 12:37:45 AM »
Back in the day I remember having my uo2d client run smoothly at maybe 30fps or more rather than the standard 15fps. Does anyone know of an updated mod for the 2d client to run smoothly?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Is there a smooth client mod for current 2d clients?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 11:13:44 AM »
Isn't that funny too?  With all this computer horsepower, and UO seems to still slog along.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:39:44 PM »

Offline noobus

• Activity:
    0%
  • noobus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 02:13:31 PM »
There is a program called FPS Patch that does this. Written by the guys over at yoku.  The last patch broke the program, unfortunately.  I got them to update it once before but they've been somewhat unresponsive this time around.  The link to the forum post is here if you'd like to go request an update there as well.

http://forum.yoko.com.ua/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17367

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 11:36:42 PM »
There is a program called FPS Patch that does this. Written by the guys over at yoku.  The last patch broke the program, unfortunately.  I got them to update it once before but they've been somewhat unresponsive this time around.  The link to the forum post is here if you'd like to go request an update there as well.

Just as note, this Patch can be detected very easy. Once the Checksum is different, its pretty easy to detect that its a modded client.

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »
this patch work on EA shard?

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
Hm this is pretty neat.

Tested it on an older client. 5.0.8.3

Feels weird, like your character sprite moves faster than the actual momentum forward lol

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 03:58:50 AM »
Hm this is pretty neat.

Feels weird, like your character sprite moves faster than the actual momentum forward lol
You could try using latest working version for Patch on EA and emulate a new client. Also hope you wont get banned because of this ;)

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 12:02:57 PM »
Hm this is pretty neat.

You could try using latest working version for Patch on EA and emulate a new client. Also hope you wont get banned because of this ;)

*shrugs* I highly doubt Broadsword will ban anyone for it's use. Banning is something they avoid doing now.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »
*shrugs* I highly doubt Broadsword will ban anyone for it's use. Banning is something they avoid doing now.

Especially if you are a paying customer.  Those are probably starting to become as scarce as a wooly mammoth!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 08:46:12 AM »

Especially if you are a paying customer.  Those are probably starting to become as scarce as a wooly mammoth!
You may have to find something more scarce for future analogy's -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/24/clone-woolly-mammoth-buttercup_n_6211388.html
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »
You may have to find something more scarce for future analogy's -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/24/clone-woolly-mammoth-buttercup_n_6211388.html

SHOTGUN!!  First mammoth ride for TM!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »

Just as note, this Patch can be detected very easy. Once the Checksum is different, its pretty easy to detect that its a modded client.

After testing this with older clients on freeservers (and unpacking and sifting through the whatever stream on execution with a sandboxed winxp) I don't know if this is correct now.. It's injection and that shouldn't modify the executable's checksum... However what I suspected, and verified through about 5 minutes of research on yoko forums, is that the packet stream will become awkward in regards to mounted vs unmounted players from the client to the server, this was an issue posted back in like 2011 or something though, before this individual fps patch was produced and it was more of a work in progress feature for the yoko injection application as a whole.

I could be wrong though, it's just what I think make sense. Injection as I understand is something that bypasses hardcoded client modifications and such checksum detections via live manipulation of the client's memory resources.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 07:13:00 AM »
Hate to be a necromancer here, but just figured I'd let you guys know it works on OSI. It's weird as all hell but it works.

Tags: