Author Topic: The Taming Appraiser Redux  (Read 27548 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
The Taming Appraiser Redux
« on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »
Since Cerveza has fallen off the face of the earth and I've started doing a little taming, I've wanted to bring a tool similar to his Taming Appraiser up to today's standards.  Things I want to add are:

1) Avoid using KalOCR
2) A useful scoring system such as the one done by Kitiara at uocraft.com HERE
3) Customizable scoring system

Any additional features.  Since I'm kinda new back to taming, I'm looking for input that people would feel useful.  

I already have the backbone of this written (OCR, summarize all pet stats) so I just need to wrap a UI around it and add any features.

I need to do as The Ghost says and work on some ways to visualize the  results.  I'd like to be able to display more than one computation method and possibly an overall power rating based on perhaps more than one rating method.

Another thing I've observed is that some stats (on RunUO at least) can be larger than the min/max values found on uoguide.com.  I might need to make it so that there are separate databases for creature stats for Broadsword vs. RunUO.  I dunno yet.  Might be kinda nice to have a 5.10 rating on a RunUO pet.  *shrugs*
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:56:47 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Taming Appraiser Redux
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:30:35 PM »
How are you gong to read the info.   Sure will be nice if u can just target the pet and get % but not possible with OCR.     

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 03:15:43 PM »
How are you gong to read the info.   Sure will be nice if u can just target the pet and get % but not possible with OCR.    

Sure it is; that part is done already!  You just target the critter, the eval gump pops up and about 5 seconds later I scan all the info from all 4 pages.  I have this sub that lets you access all the found information:

Code: [Select]
;---------------------------------------------------------------------
sub TM_GetLoreAttribute
  namespace push
  namespace local tm_pet , %1
  if %2 = HITS
    set #RESULT !hits
  if %2 = HITSMAX
    set #RESULT !hitsmax
  if %2 = STAMINA
    set #RESULT !stamina
  if %2 = STAMINAMAX
    set #RESULT !staminamax
  if %2 = MANA
    set #RESULT !mana
  if %2 = MANAMAX
    set #RESULT !manamax
  if %2 = STRENGTH
    set #RESULT !strength
  if %2 = DEXTERITY
    set #RESULT !dexterity
  if %2 = INTELLIGENCE
    set #RESULT !intelligence

if %2 = RESIST_PHYSICAL
    set #RESULT !physical_resist
  if %2 = RESIST_FIRE
    set #RESULT !fire_resist
  if %2 = RESIST_COLD
    set #RESULT !cold_resist
  if %2 = RESIST_POISON
    set #RESULT !poison_resist
  if %2 = RESIST_ENERGY
    set #RESULT !energy_resist

if %2 = DAMAGE_PHYSICAL
    set #RESULT !physical_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_FIRE
    set #RESULT !fire_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_COLD
    set #RESULT !cold_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_POISON
    set #RESULT !poison_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_ENERGY
    set #RESULT !energy_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_BASE
    set #RESULT !base_damage

if %2 = SKILL_WRESTLING
    set #RESULT !wrestling
  if %2 = SKILL_TACTICS
    set #RESULT !tactics
  if %2 = SKILL_RESISTING_SPELLS
    set #RESULT !resisting_spells
  if %2 = SKILL_ANATOMY
    set #RESULT !anatomy
  if %2 = SKILL_HEALING
    set #RESULT !healing
  if %2 = SKILL_MAGERY
    set #RESULT !magery
  if %2 = SKILL_EVAL_INT
    set #RESULT !eval_int
  if %2 = SKILL_MEDITATION
    set #RESULT !meditation
  namespace pop
return #RESULT

Probably your question was how I was going to do it WITHOUT OCR.  Well, I am using OCR, just not the one from KalInEx.  I'm using my own that can be included into the script without requiring a separate download.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:20:16 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
For my idea of customizable scoring system, I'd like to be able to set programmed and custom weighting based upon what a user finds important.  According to Kitiara, here weighting is as follows:

Quote from: Kitiara
This calculator weights resists as 65% of the score, hit points as 25% of the score, and stats as 5% of the score. When skills are included, they make up 5% of the score.

But suppose you want to weight hit points higher, or make a weighting that will compute something with the idea of tanking something that has a specific damage profile (like poison).  It would be nice to change the weighting system so that you have a final score that better describes the abilities of the critter in question.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:27:39 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ketchup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 04:06:26 PM »
sounds like a great idea!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »
When I'm looking for pet, I look to be in 90% of the each resist with 95% max HP.    After taming, his tactic, wrestling and magery have the max reduce by 5% I believe.      Menu could have score on top.  box display str/HP  and all 5 resists. with a 3 colour codes to quickly see scores.  red for acceptable,  yel for good and green for a keeper.  

I will spend day just to find the right pet so I can used him for any task.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:15:19 PM by The Ghost »

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 05:02:09 PM »
Crazy timing. I just used Cerv's for the first time in years yesterday! Been looking to upgrade my greater dragon.

How are you gong to read the info.   Sure will be nice if u can just target the pet and get % but not possible with OCR.    

Sure it is; that part is done already!  You just target the critter, the eval gump pops up and about 5 seconds later I scan all the info from all 4 pages.  I have this sub that lets you access all the found information:

Code: [Select]
;---------------------------------------------------------------------
sub TM_GetLoreAttribute
  namespace push
  namespace local tm_pet , %1
  if %2 = HITS
    set #RESULT !hits
  if %2 = HITSMAX
    set #RESULT !hitsmax
  if %2 = STAMINA
    set #RESULT !stamina
  if %2 = STAMINAMAX
    set #RESULT !staminamax
  if %2 = MANA
    set #RESULT !mana
  if %2 = MANAMAX
    set #RESULT !manamax
  if %2 = STRENGTH
    set #RESULT !strength
  if %2 = DEXTERITY
    set #RESULT !dexterity
  if %2 = INTELLIGENCE
    set #RESULT !intelligence

if %2 = RESIST_PHYSICAL
    set #RESULT !physical_resist
  if %2 = RESIST_FIRE
    set #RESULT !fire_resist
  if %2 = RESIST_COLD
    set #RESULT !cold_resist
  if %2 = RESIST_POISON
    set #RESULT !poison_resist
  if %2 = RESIST_ENERGY
    set #RESULT !energy_resist

if %2 = DAMAGE_PHYSICAL
    set #RESULT !physical_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_FIRE
    set #RESULT !fire_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_COLD
    set #RESULT !cold_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_POISON
    set #RESULT !poison_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_ENERGY
    set #RESULT !energy_damage
  if %2 = DAMAGE_BASE
    set #RESULT !base_damage

if %2 = SKILL_WRESTLING
    set #RESULT !wrestling
  if %2 = SKILL_TACTICS
    set #RESULT !tactics
  if %2 = SKILL_RESISTING_SPELLS
    set #RESULT !resisting_spells
  if %2 = SKILL_ANATOMY
    set #RESULT !anatomy
  if %2 = SKILL_HEALING
    set #RESULT !healing
  if %2 = SKILL_MAGERY
    set #RESULT !magery
  if %2 = SKILL_EVAL_INT
    set #RESULT !eval_int
  if %2 = SKILL_MEDITATION
    set #RESULT !meditation
  namespace pop
return #RESULT

Probably your question was how I was going to do it WITHOUT OCR.  Well, I am using OCR, just not the one from KalInEx.  I'm using my own that can be included into the script without requiring a separate download.

Just took a quick look. Poisoning is missing from the skill list. Pretty important for Rune Beetles.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
It's coming along nicely.  I have much of the math done for the computation of a rating (using Kitiara's method).  I'm trying to do it in a generic way so that it can be tweaked.  It will sense if the critter is tamed or wild and adjust the HP computation accordingly.  I think whatever rating I'd come up would weight the hit points higher.  65% rating for resists seems a bit excessive.

For tames, do the hit points exactly 1/2 when you compare a tame critter vs. a wild one?  Also can the same be said for the mana?  Honestly it's been years since I've tamed at any useful level.  It's probably the wrong time for me to tackle a project like this, but it was on my bucket list for scripts.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 03:04:39 PM »
For tames, do the hit points exactly 1/2 when you compare a tame critter vs. a wild one?  Also can the same be said for the mana?  Honestly it's been years since I've tamed at any useful level.  It's probably the wrong time for me to tackle a project like this, but it was on my bucket list for scripts.  ;)

Yes, exactly half. I'm not sure about mana. I'll do a little testing later tonight and get back to you.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 04:24:15 PM »
Yes, exactly half. I'm not sure about mana. I'll do a little testing later tonight and get back to you.

I'd totally appreciate that OID!  I'm a terrible tamer and doing iterative experiments with taming is hard and depletes the bank account of insurance gold!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 04:28:03 PM »
Lucky you I used template.  ( can't upload Excell file so i post PDF)  here what I use to track pet and their stats when I hunt for  one.      HP and STR ar cut in half.   Dex/mana can be train to  previous  wild status.    Tactic/wreswtling/magery lose a 5%

TM tell me which shard  u need help and I see if I can help

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Pet stat.pdf
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:30:46 PM by The Ghost »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »
I just play on RebirthUO now to get it debugged.  My tamer is on Sonoma for Broadsword.

Thanks for this!  It's amazing how popular taming still is.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »
I did a before/after of the tame of my new pure white Cu Sidhe.  Seems like everything is cut in 1/2 (stats that is)

The last 4 numbers in the listbox are percentile normalizations from 0-100 based upon the min/max values found on the uoguide.com site for the tame.  So for example HP: 14 means that this particular Cu Sidhe is 14% of theoretical maximum.  The skills go negative just because those are severely cut when the creature is tamed.

I need to check the computations now.  Lots of places where the number can go wonky.  Plus these numbers can not make much sense because each value is being normalized to a 0-100% scale.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
white_cu_before_after.png
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:09:38 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 09:02:16 PM »
Hitpoints, Stamina, Strength and Dexterity all are cut in half upon taming. Mana and Intelligence stay the same.

Skills go down 29-30%. Don't know the exact number. What they can be trained up to is pet specific.

Tested on Greater Dragons, Cu's and Rune Beetles.

edit:
Something to consider; spell casters will cast Bless on themselves. Is it possible for the script to determine this?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:04:01 PM by onlyindreams »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 09:14:53 PM »
Seem that RunUO and Broadsword do the mana/int differently.  

Might be able to determine if Bless can be determined.  Unsure how to unwrap that though....  Might just give erroneous results on wild creatures.

Here's a comparison of a wild Cu Sidhe as computed by UOCraft.com and this evaluator.  Pretty close.  I had to 1/2 the stats because the PPC doesn't allow for evaluation of wild animals.  This evaluator does both.

ppc_eval.png
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:19:22 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: