Author Topic: Request: Small modification to the stealth map system  (Read 4196 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Request: Small modification to the stealth map system
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
First I want to say that I just downloaded the latest version and have been running around with it a bit and am blown away by its potential. Slick, fast, very nicely done so far! Unfortunately none of the script types I need are available on Stealth and so I have no use for it, yet, and I'd like to help change that. While I can't code Python/Pascal making me useless in that department I do know what I want from a helper program and always have ideas.

Request
What I'd like to request is a change that is, hopefully, minor to the mapping system already available in stealth without any scripts. When I run around I see player housing on the map along with yellow/blue markers for NPC Vendor and player positions. It would be extremely useful to me if a toggle option existed to turn OFF those NPC/Player markers and turn ON markers that appear above house signs and color code those by house condition. Blue for refreshed thru red for in danger of collapse. An option should exist to turn on/off the NPC markers anyway, adding one for house signs would take this to a new level for players who do IDOCs in my opinion, which is a lot of scripters in general.

Map Interaction
When I right-click the map an option appears to "go here" wherever I have my mouse over the map. If that feature existed without needing to open the drop menu forcing a mouse move and extra click that would be amazing. IE: turning on/off the ability to go into "go here" mode so a one button click is enough to go there would be perfect. Also, I noticed that when I use the "go here" feature that there is no way to stop moving until the player gets there, that might be dangerous since you can't see what's there on the map until you get there. A halt option seems needed, I already ran into a public keep and ran upstairs just to get to a spot I clicked, lol, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

If you don't have the time to add an option to turn off NPC markers(yellow) and add house sign markers with colors based on condition can you point me in the right direction so that I can try to make said changes? I would be able to use stealth with no scripts to look for idocs using that awesome map system.

Keep up the great work!

Gem

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Request: Small modification to the stealth map system
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:15:30 PM »

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 11:49:57 PM »
Had to ask :)

After seeing the map working, being one of the only to show houses nowadays, and how quick the game performs with stealth I'm wanting an IDOC finder on rails script and an idoc looting script. These already exist for someone's private use and they are kicking my arse to the point that, well, it's pointless. While good for them it kills the game for me and others. Any tool would be well appreciated, I'm at the point that I think I'll need to hire someone for $$$ to get on an even(ie:fair) playing field. The feeling that the best candy is locked in a glass case out of reach is wearing thin :)   

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 12:22:31 AM »
Had to ask :)

After seeing the map working, being one of the only to show houses nowadays, and how quick the game performs with stealth I'm wanting an IDOC finder on rails script and an idoc looting script. These already exist for someone's private use and they are kicking my arse to the point that, well, it's pointless. While good for them it kills the game for me and others. Any tool would be well appreciated, I'm at the point that I think I'll need to hire someone for $$$ to get on an even(ie:fair) playing field. The feeling that the best candy is locked in a glass case out of reach is wearing thin :)   

Maybe Unisharp would like a donation pool for focus on FAIL. If you want to hire someone with experience on Stealth you will have not that many options..
People i know using Stealth active and i would consider as trustful :
- Unisharp (c#)
- Camotbik (Pascal)
- Anyone else in the Stealth Team...

there are maybe a few i know use C# or Pascal but they either would not want to be named here or would not be able to write things on a mature level..

Tags: