Author Topic: Any possible fixes for mounted 2H animation in classic?  (Read 2744 times)

Offline maly997Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • maly997 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Any possible fixes for mounted 2H animation in classic?
« on: June 14, 2021, 05:31:16 AM »
After a long, long hiatus, I have come back to UO to find a bunch of awesome new stuff, and for the most part - suprisingly better models in the classic client that look more like the original artwork and fit the game better.   One thing I was sad to see.... they still haven't fixed the 2H swing animation when mounted. :(

This annoys me to no end, are there any fixes for this that can be one on the player-side?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Any possible fixes for mounted 2H animation in classic?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 12:23:42 AM »
I do not have a complete answer for you, but maybe some hints at what you are looking at.
If you pull up one of the utilities that allows you to look at the MUL files in game, the animations are in one of those. I do not remember which file that is, because I looked at it using UO Fiddler version... 4.6? It is an older version of that program that I had than the most recent.

The animations are based on artwork for each frame, and the frames are cycled by the client during actions. You can pull up a base picture out of the animation for an entity (human, elf, gargoyle) and scroll through each of the animations for that character.

I am not a very good digital artist, so I probably wouldn't try myself - because I would make something that looks like an unshaded shape. ;)
It is possible to create artwork and replace the animations in the file, then save it back.

That is a very simplistic overview that may get you down the right path...

There are also open source clients that allow doing things like replacing artwork, but I believe that is more global changes (replace all trees with flowers...).

There is a section of this site dedicated to various client mods, maybe something there will help you learn what you are after:http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=135.0
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Tags: